• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

iphys

A $2 game isn't really worth 100 coins I don't think. If you're an ambassador, don't even bother, because you can play it on Warioware Inc.

eggwolio

So I'm updating the spreadsheet and it turns out I have some more mysteries for you fine folks to solve...
  • NCIS 3D for the 3DS appears to have a 20 coin value on CN. Does anyone know when the game was released? Amazon's release data seems wrong (August 24).
  • Kirby's Dream Collection is listed as being worth 50 with the early reg bonus. Is the standard value for KDC just 40 coins?

NCIS came out September 18 amidst zero fanfare.

Drago

Finally got Kirby Collection in the mail today and did the survey. Got 50 coins (40+10 early bonus)

Really hope that I get those Playing Cards! They look really nice. They should have been a special reward with the medal being the giveaway. >:I

May pick up a patch set while they're on sale, always thought that the Kirby+Fluff one looked nice

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Okay, this is odd.

Denpa Men is a $9.99 game, so it should have a 10 coin registration survey. However, the survey is available to me at the moment and it lists it as a 20 coin game.

Edit: Just did the survey and got 20 coins. That's odd.

Edit 2:
Useful tidbits for anyone interested...

* 3DS Demo of Rayman: Origins has been gone for a while...

* All the downloadable videos, OTHER than the new KI one, are gone. That was expected...

...also, software totals are as follows:

3DS VC: 67 (including Ambassador titles)

3DS Downloads: 79 currently available, 103 overall. This includes demos and video downloads.

DSiWare: 496 currently available, 500 overall. (Removed Titles: Sudoku Master, Littlest Pet Shop, Tetris Party Live, LoZ: Four Swords Anniv.)

Wii VC: 401 currently available, 411 overall.

WiiWare: 398 currently available, 411 overall. (Yes, I find it weird that the Wii has had exactly as many VC titles released as non-VC bits of software.)

iphys

Planet Crashers is listed as 20 coins as well, so I really have no idea why some eShop games are worth so much. Maybe they felt guilty for halving the amounts for the registration surveys on the other games, so they decided to double some of the more expensive ones, lol.

Clipper

It might also be the same as the other downloadable games (except NSMB2) where the downloadable survey shows up a week or two after the retail one.

Apparently, the codes you get for the games you purchase with Nintendo Coins don't expire. I'll be picking up any good Wii VC games released now and the Wii U release.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Newest game.

JYNDB.png

Dr. Mario Online Rx for the Wii - 100 coins

zroid

Banned
Oh really? Don't remember. I guess I ignored it back then cause I already had it anyway :(

Still, I think it's one of the better values offered among these game rewards.

facebook.jpg

For a limited time, Club Nintendo members can get Donkey Kong: Original Edition - a special version of the NES classic for free.

This special version of Donkey Kong includes content never before seen in the U.S. and is not available for purchase. Don't miss out!

Purchase one of the eligible titles below from the Nintendo eShop and register it at Club Nintendo by Jan. 6, 2013.

paper-mario.jpg
style-savvy.jpg
crosswords.jpg
art-academy.jpg
professor.jpg

We'll email you a free download code for Donkey Kong: Original Edition game 3-4 weeks after purchase.

http://club2.nintendo.com/donkeykong/

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
DSiWare Dr. Mario has been a reward, not sure about this one. I don't think it has been though.
Both were available at the same time back in January according to the spreadsheet.

http://club2.nintendo.com/donkeykong/img/facebook.jpg

For a limited time, Club Nintendo members can get Donkey Kong: Original Edition - a special version of the NES classic for free.

Got me excited until I saw you have to buy one of the following from the eShop.

Paper Mario™: Sticker Star
Style Savvy™: Trendsetters
Crosswords Plus
Art Academy™: Lessons for Everyone!
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask™

I'm not buying any of those from the eShop.

Eusis

facebook.jpg

Little annoying I need to buy those games through the eShop. Well, maybe I'll just get Layton, Crosswords game seems like it'd be a good fit if I cared more about that and it came cheaper since $30 for a DD Crosswords game seems to be excessive.

EDIT: Actually, I guess Art Academy could be a good choice. Not that I'm really into drawing, but I get the impression that's more worthwhile for a DD title to keep on the system.

bumpkin

This special version of Donkey Kong includes content never before seen in the U.S. and is not available for purchase. Don't miss out!

Purchase one of the eligible titles below from the Nintendo eShop and register it at Club Nintendo by Jan. 6, 2013.

paper-mario.jpg
style-savvy.jpg
crosswords.jpg
art-academy.jpg
professor.jpg

We'll email you a free download code for Donkey Kong: Original Edition game 3-4 weeks after purchase.

Sweet! I'm definitely in one way or another. Paper Mario, Layton and Crosswords are all on my radar. I know I'll be buying at least two of 'em (Crosswords is a maybe).

Anustart

Just saw this. And it looks like it'll finally include the fourth stage.

Don't be too excited. If it's like the one included with the pal wiis, the pie factory level is insane. The pies can come out 2-5 at a time, making the level a complete luckfest.

Edit: is the download for dk on 3DS or wii?

blamite

Guess I'm downloading Layton. I wanted to get Paper Mario at retail, and I'm not interested in any other others. I've always wanted to get into the Layton games, and it seems like a good fit for the downloadable format. Is this one a good game to get into the series with?

corn_fest

Guess I'm downloading Layton. I wanted to get Paper Mario at retail, and I'm not interested in any other others. I've always wanted to get into the Layton games, and it seems like a good fit for the downloadable format. Is this one a good game to get into the series with?

Eh... it's the second game of the prequel trilogy. There's no problem with playing the games out of order, but you'll miss some very minor story references to former games. You might want to get the first game in the prequel trilogy (Last Specter) before this one if you're worried about following the story, but to be honest the original 3 games are much better than Last Specter was, anyway.
So... maybe?

facebook.jpg

paper-mario.jpg
style-savvy.jpg
crosswords.jpg
art-academy.jpg
professor.jpg

Sweet. I was planning on getting Sticker Star through the eShop anyway. :D

Perfect, I'll do what you're doing.
Also, is this your first Layton?

zroid

Banned
I *might* get Crosswords from the eShop, I'll think about it. Probably not though, I'm not really prepared to budget another $30 in an already ridiculously expensive rest of the year.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Awww mannnnn. I'm a mega Donkey Kong fan and I don't think I'll be buying those games... MAYBE Mario...

donny2112

Not getting crosswords, style savvy, or art academy. Definitely getting Paper Mario physical, as it'll be shared between systems. Didn't want to get Layton digitally, but maybe can find a digital card for < $30.
Ha, ha! No one has digital cards in stores, and Nintendo ain't putting it on sale!
:(

Edit: is the download for dk on 3DS or wii?

Has to be 3DS, as it wouldn't make sense for them to just assume you had a Wii to download it on, too.

blamite

Perfect, I'll do what you're doing.
Also, is this your first Layton?
Yeah, never played one before. I've wanted to get into the series for a while but just never gotten around to it. If the older games were put on the eShop I'd probably end up buying them all. :lol

The first game in the trilogy was on the original DS, right? Maybe I'll be able to pick that one up first.

IrishNinja

yeah, stumps convinced me to go back & get Layton & curious village, was gonna grab that next weekend when i went in for pokemon. i wanna get Paper Mario, but not sure i want it as an eshop purchase...what's likely the cheapest of those options that brings DK?

also, links for intend to buy pokemon still fail me, so did i miss out?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
That Donkey Kong deal looks great! Especially considering Crosswords Plus and Art Academy are only five do--

$29.99.

How.

Nevermind then.

iphys

If anyone is seriously considering buying a $30-$40 game just to get Donkey Kong, just get the Game Boy version of Donkey Kong on the eShop for $4 instead. It has the factory stage too, not to mention 96 other stages.

Eusis

That Donkey Kong deal looks great! Especially considering Crosswords Plus and Art Academy are only five do--

$29.99.

How.

Nevermind then.
Because they're retail products and don't want to piss off Walmart, GameStop, and all the other retailers.

Though depending on how good Art Academy is that's probably worth $30 at least, the two on the DSi shop are $8, so if it's both of those plus much more then I could rationalize $30, at least sooner than I could for Crosswords.

Drago

Well, Baconsammy is saying horrible things about what he's played of Crosswords so far, so I will probably avoid that, unless I devote a $20 card I could get as a gift towards it (hard for me to be disappointed for $10)

Still definitely getting Art Academy digital though (as I had planned for a while now, will get the game soon enough), so DK is a very pleasant bonus. :)

Top Bottom