• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

zroid

Banned
Didn't know the puzzle was glow in the dark, I'm definitely going to have to frame this thing somehow

on a different note, my messenger bag shipped!

Well, finally checked out for the last time. Was super pissed that I first missed Platinum Status, as the gold prizes weren't exciting to me. Still, I thought Pushmo might be cool, but before I made my final decision, I fell asleep on the last night before they took em down. Damn the procrastinator in me.

But now I've spent my coins. Every last one of em. Since they put up the rewards, I redeemed for Link's Awakening and Earthbound. Really happy to get those for free, as both are on my short list of classics I've never beaten. Earthbound is being played currently.

Then today, I decided to spend my last 780 on Super Mario 64 (will upgrade to Wii U version), Doc Louis' Punch Out!, Donkey Kong Jr., and Grill Off With Ultra Hand for that last 80 (Long Live Gunpei Yokoi!). DK Jr should be nice for some quick old-school action on the Gamepad. The gf approves as we're both still pissed I slept on the chance to get the original for 30 cents during that awesome promotion.

All in all, while I've kicked myself many a time for missing out on survey deadlines, and I still don't know wtf happened to my Super Smash Bros for Wii U coins, I have to say I've really appreciated Club Nintendo. In previous years, I got myself a cool 8 bit Mario t-shirt, exclusive Mario playing cards, and that ever-elusive Gold Nunchuck, which I used all throughout Skyward Sword. Here's hoping their new Membership Program expands upon what Club Nintendo and the Digital Deluxe program started.

Effect

Kicking myself so much for wasting time and missing out on the physical rewards. I wanted the puzzle but it's to late now. Then again I didn't really need anything else physical but still.

What's the general feeling on Paper Mario Sticker Star? Worth picking up? I have most of the Wii U retail games offered save for Wonderful 101 and Game & Warrio and I didn't really love the demo of 101 so I still haven't gotten it after having various chances so I don't want to waste the coins. Same goes for Game & Wario since I had already gotten Wii Party U and haven't touched it. For the rest of the coins I'm thinking of perhaps Star Fox or some other 3DS games.

Kicking myself so much for wasting time and missing out on the physical rewards. I wanted the puzzle but it's to late now. Then again I didn't really need anything else physical but still.

What's the general feeling on Paper Mario Sticker Star? Worth picking up? I have most of the Wii U retail games offered save for Wonderful 101 and Game & Warrio and I didn't really love the demo of 101 so I still haven't gotten it after having various chances so I don't want to waste the coins. Same goes for Game & Wario since I had already gotten Wii Party U and haven't touched it. For the rest of the coins I'm thinking of perhaps Star Fox or some other 3DS games.

Sticker Star can be found very cheap so it seems like a waste to use your coins on that unless there is nothing else you want. Game was a decent adventure game but pissed a lot of fans off for having no real RPG elements.

lacinius

So my last pick-up from Club Nintendo, using 200 of the 210 coins I still had available, and for the 3DS is:

Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword

Just waiting for the puzzle to arrive probably next week, and that will be that.

A little voice in my head kept saying "Do NOT get the Majora's Mask puzzle, it will be a very low quality prize and you WILL regret it," thank goodness I listened. But I figured they'd put it in a cheap box at least, but a dented up paper bag?? Wow.

And what a mind blowingly stupid idea to slash the coin values on the physical prizes. I spent 600 coins on the Zelda 3DS pouch (still not shipped) which dropped me from 1,125 coins to 525 (which I still have, mulling which games I want). If it'd been 300 to begin with I'd have a lot more to play with now. Honestly what on earth would the "logic" be with this? It's just jaw droppingly stupid, how could whoever thought of this possibly have a modicum of common sense in regards to gauging and managing good customer relations? Just when I think I've seen it all, NOA manages to surprise me with a new way to dump on their loyal fanbase. I feel really bad for all the poor customer service reps who are getting slammed with angry calls now all because of a truly boneheaded decision by one of the idiot managers up at Redmond.

Edit: As someone else said, doing something else such as maybe donating the prizes to patients at a kids hospital or doing a twitter giveaway for the extra stock would have been much better ideas.

I'm sitting on 960, not going to redeem until June. See if coin prices drop again or they add new stuff.

Huh? They may actually add new stuff in June as a last hurrah or is that just a wild guess on your part? I thought the April prizes were officially the last of the physical rewards.

Huh? They may actually add new stuff in June as a last hurrah or is that just a wild guess on your part? I thought the April prizes were officially the last of the physical rewards.

Yeah no, the physical rewards are already selling out.
This is it im pretty sure or they wouldnt have cut the prices to get rid of stock.

I'm thinking about downloading Kid Icarus Myths and Monsters for GB as one of my final VC rewards, how is it overall?

Yeah no, the physical rewards are already selling out.
This is it im pretty sure or they wouldnt have cut the prices to get rid of stock.

Thanks, I figured but with how screwy they've been and what the person I replied to said I just wanted to be sure.

I'm thinking about downloading Kid Icarus Myths and Monsters for GB as one of my final VC rewards, how is it overall?

I enjoyed it. It isn't very long (about 4 hours), but it's enjoyable as a fun afternoon romp. It's not very difficult, and also doesn't try to stab you in the back repeatedly like the NES game. I think 150 Coins is a fair price for it. It's fun and concise.

All that being said, if you've never played Donkey Kong 94, get that. It's the same price, and is hands down one of the best games ever made, and the best puzzle platformer of all time.

I enjoyed it. It isn't very long (about 4 hours), but it's enjoyable as a fun afternoon romp. It's not very difficult, and also doesn't try to stab you in the back repeatedly like the NES game. I think 150 Coins is a fair price for it. It's fun and concise.

All that being said, if you've never played Donkey Kong 94, get that. It's the same price, and is hands down one of the best games ever made, and the best puzzle platformer of all time.

Thanks for the impressions and I already own DK '94 and yes it's a fantastic game.

bumpkin

I saw mention the other day that Kid Icarus Uprising AR cards were up on Nintendo's online store, and thinking they were booster packs, I bought 5 (the limit). Turns out they are just the cards that come packed in with the game when you buy it at retail. Since I already have the game (physical copy) and haven't misplaced my cards, I have no use for any of them. :(

Does anyone who got the game digitally from the Rewards catalog want a set of AR Cards? I paid $2 apiece and they are probably light enough that I could mail them in a regular envelope with a stamp, so I'd take $2.50 for a set.

zroid

Banned
I saw mention the other day that Kid Icarus Uprising AR cards were up on Nintendo's online store, and thinking they were booster packs, I bought 5 (the limit). Turns out they are just the cards that come packed in with the game when you buy it at retail. Since I already have the game (physical copy) and haven't misplaced my cards, I have no use for any of them. :(

Does anyone who got the game digitally from the Rewards catalog want a set of AR Cards? I paid $2 apiece and they are probably light enough that I could mail them in a regular envelope with a stamp, so I'd take $2.50 for a set.

hahaha really? ninetndo pls

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Yikes. I saw them up on the site as well, but didn't order on time and missed them. Guess I got lucky.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, EU got those 3DS themes that Japan had on their CN. I can't believe we didn't get any all this time.

CFRvwQ7W8AA3sdK.png:orig

Really would like that system one on the left...

L.O.R.D

WTF Nintendo
i ordered two 3DS case , and they arrived at my shipping location as two separate items
now i have to pay $25 for each to ship it to my country

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, the Japanese CN end credits "Roll Call" collection CD is averaging $99 on eBay.
X__X .....
Yeah, some of the eBay pricing for the JP or EU items are just insane. I want the MK8 OST, but the cheapest is like $60 or $70.

Even some of the US items feel a bit overpriced. Just ONE of the SSB posters would be about $20-$25, or wanting $50-$60 for the entire set.

Anyone got codes of Platinum stuff like Mario Kart 7 or Mario Party: Island Tour? Or have like 600/700 coins?

I got 2 Gears of War and 1 Black Ops 2 on 360 and 1 Borderlands 2 on Vita NA codes I can offer 1 for each.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I got an email from Nintendo half an hour ago saying that my Club Nintendo reward is shipping now via USPS.

Ron Paul's happening senses are tinging.

Yup, I got an email too. I ordered the 3DS case back in February when it popped up. Can't wait to receive. Been needing a new case for a couple of new games coming up :)

GAF. I did it. My GF and I did the Zelda puzzle from Club Nintendo. It feels a little cheap (I mean, come on, it was free and it shipped in a bag. I can give it some slack) but man does it look great! It also glows in the dark.

mVyjSwem.jpg

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I wish there was something I could do with 50 coins... so sad.

Farewell Club Nintendo.. I guess I've finished the last interaction I'll ever have with you.

Top Bottom