• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

but i haven't turned on my wii in ages *runs away*, i want pilotwings , hmmmmm might just get it and activate it on the wii u

is it too late to register Kirby to be entered in the contest?

jgkspsx

Anybody want to sell their DK code? I might buy AA, but I'm sure the card version will get cheap in the future. Everything else is either not my thing or something I'm dead-set on getting physically.

zroid

Banned
Some intend-to-buys have started going up for Wii U games now:

New SMB U
Ninja Gaiden 3
Nintendo Land
Sing Party

My god...

ITBs going up always put release proximity in perspective for me, but it's especially poignant for the Wii U.

Sushigod7

Glass Joe

Some intend-to-buys have started going up for Wii U games now:

New SMB U
Ninja Gaiden 3
Nintendo Land
Sing Party

Thanks for the heads up. Did an intend-to-buy for NSMB U and Nintendoland -- Hopefully Nintendoland will come with a registration code and retail case.

Hanafuda cards are tempting but I think I'm going to save my coins in the hope that some worthwhile Wii U stuff pops up in the near future. Oh, and wow I'm already only 100 coins to platinum this year. Funny I didn't make it last year :) Guess I've been using my 3DS a lot.

Davey Cakes

How many games that have come in bundles (that were also sold separately) didn't also come in their own box and with their own Club Nintendo code?

Isn't Wii Sports the only one that came in a sleeve and didn't have a code? Well, there's also Link's Crossbow training but that game was never sold separately from the Zapper, and even though it was in a sleeve it still offered a code for the full 50 coins.

Clipper

Can we register the copy of Nintendo Land that comes with the Deluxe Bundle? I'd like to know.

Most likely, the Deluxe bundle will be worth more coins than the Standard and that will factor in the NintendoLand difference. I don't think there will be a way to get ItB for NintendoLand that way. It might have its own code, though... We will just need to wait and see.

I'm not filling in any of the ItB surveys this time around, though... Decided to go with an Aussie Wii U given the virtual impossibility of finding a way to get a console imported without massively inconveniencing people or paying way too much. I won't be buying any US Wii U titles unless the console gets hacked for region free...

zroid

Banned
I'm thinking the Deluxe and Basic bundles will be indistinct as far as Club Nintendo registration codes go. Nintendo Land will have its own code slip. (Or rather, they'll be different in the same sense as all other colour variants).

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Okay, important question for anyone who purchased Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, Ocarina of Time 3D, or Star Fox 64 3D...

The CN site is showing those games as being worth 60 coins, and I'm not sure what that's based on. If anyone has purchased the eShop versions of those games, would you tell me how many points you got?

My assumption is that it's:
40 "base" value for registration, 10 for the post play... and perhaps 10 for registering these "early" compared to the eShop release?

Anyone know?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
What should I get: History of Handheld Systems: Collectible Cards or a Nintendo Bath Towel?

The cards are quite nice, but really only worth it if you plan to frame them. The clothes are really nice, but they're so nice I don't want to use them. As Roto said, they're hand towels more than bath towels.

Coldsnap

Ah gotcha. Would be cool for the kitchen.. Hmm i want both >.< I'm a big fan of all the nintendo handhelds and framing those would be so awesome..

iphys

That only accounts for 50 points, though, and these appear to be worth 60...

I meant your 40 registration + 10 early + 10 post-play assumption, as opposed to them usually only showing the total for the registration value + 10 early and not the 10 post-play coins for retail games.

Chesskid1

Banned
i bought a used wii and it had some nintendo purchases in its history and it wasnt linked to a CN account. i went ahead and linked it to mine.

am i gonna get some points? :D

IrishNinja

^if you call nintendo, they might be able to help you. i got points for someone else's ambassador games i transferred over that way.

Busaiku

I'm still debating whether or not I should get another 3DS or a 3DS XL.
I absolutely hate the huge size of it, but I wouldn't mind a longer battery.

So Club Nintendo points might be the deciding factor.
Would a 2nd 3DS add coins to my main account?

Top Bottom