• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

jgkspsx

If anyone is seriously considering buying a $30-$40 game just to get Donkey Kong, just get the Game Boy version of Donkey Kong on the eShop for $4 instead. It has the factory stage too, not to mention 96 other stages.

And feels much different.

I wonder if anybody will be selling their codes on eBay, and for how much.

Thoraxes

paper-mario.jpg
style-savvy.jpg
crosswords.jpg
art-academy.jpg
professor.jpg

We'll email you a free download code for Donkey Kong: Original Edition game 3-4 weeks after purchase.

http://club2.nintendo.com/donkeykong/

Ah man, I get 15% off all points cards too, so I may bite for this on Layton anywho. I have a Paper Mario pre-order locked in at $30, otherwise i'd go for this.

MarkusRJR

If anyone is seriously considering buying a $30-$40 game just to get Donkey Kong, just get the Game Boy version of Donkey Kong on the eShop for $4 instead. It has the factory stage too, not to mention 96 other stages.
I think NoA is just trying to give incentives for people to go to buy their games on the eShop instead of retail. This incentive is mostly for people who were going to buy one of these games anyway.

Yeah, never played one before. I've wanted to get into the series for a while but just never gotten around to it. If the older games were put on the eShop I'd probably end up buying them all. :lol

The first game in the trilogy was on the original DS, right? Maybe I'll be able to pick that one up first.

Yep, great story to begin with, although it might feel a bit dated.
You'll really appreciate changes to Diabolical Box and on after you play the first (which my favorite Layton for the DS, I think)

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Another oddity...

Samurai G (a weird little runner game) costs $1.99, but it has a registration value of 10 coins.

Remember when reg values for all sub-$10 games became just 5 coins?

Please report in if you notice anything else odd about game values.

Edit: Cave Story (3DS eShop) is listed on the CN site as being worth 30 coins -- using standard logic, that's a 10 coin post play plus 20 coins for registration. However, the existing system should only credit it with 10 coins for reg and 10 for post play.

Could somone tell me what it's worth?

(I'm starting to think NOA is changing this sporadically.)

iphys

Lol, what was the point of clawing back the values on the old games if they're just going to give coins away for next to nothing now? I swear they have no idea what they're doing.

Pikma

Banned
They want you to take the Sony's "I'm tired of all these deals, that's enough, I want my games to have a fixed less value" approach.

I tried this in the buy/sell thread and didn't have much luck, but thought maybe this would be a better place to ask.

I have two Square-Enix Members codes from Threatrhythm (3DS) and FFXIII-2 (X360).

I'd like to trade them for two Club Nintendo codes. I'd be willing to consider for just one.

So if anyone has extra codes they can't use or something, PM me!

Pikma

Banned
I tried this in the buy/sell thread and didn't have much luck, but thought maybe this would be a better place to ask.

I have two Square-Enix Members codes from Threatrhythm (3DS) and FFXIII-2 (X360).

I'd like to trade them for two Club Nintendo codes. I'd be willing to consider for just one.

So if anyone has extra codes they can't use or something, PM me!

Just for mere curiosity, what benefits do Square Enix Members have?

donny2112

Still no downloadable version for Professor Layton. Wonder if they'll

a) count the retail survey as the downloadable survey, too
or
b) mess over the DL Professor Layton buyers by not letting them have the ITB survey bonus. :p

Pikma

Banned

or
b) mess over the DL Professor Layton buyers by not letting them have the ITB survey bonus. :p

Is it really coming? Have we got an official confirmation? or that CN reward is more than enough to confirm it?

iphys

or

I also noticed it was listed on the eShop as a retail-only game, but I thought it was supposed to be one of the games that qualifies for the DK download if you bought it on the eShop, so it's almost like they're of two minds whether there's going to be a downloadable version or not.

iphys

Maybe people weren't bothering with the surveys when they were only worth 5 coins, so they raised their value back up again?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Do ITB surveys expire in the sense that I already took the layton one and don't plan to register the actual game for a while?

Already hit platinum status for this year so would those ITB coins expire if I wait till next July to register the actual game?

zroid

Banned
Do ITB surveys expire in the sense that I already took the layton one and don't plan to register the actual game for a while?

Already hit platinum status for this year so would those ITB coins expire if I wait till next July to register the actual game?

not for a very long time, if at all

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Huh

Dream Radar's registration survey was worth 10 coins. Weird?

Reg surveys have been weird as of late... there must be some condition -other- than price that dictates them, but I can't figure out what.

Dream Radar is $2.99 and has a 10 coin reg survey, right?

Having Paper Mario and Layton as eShop downloads names it so much easier for me. I am going to want to kelp Pokemon White 2 in my cartridge slot for a long time to come so it'll be nice not having to switch carts to play the games that I want to.

Javier

Edit: Cave Story (3DS eShop) is listed on the CN site as being worth 30 coins -- using standard logic, that's a 10 coin post play plus 20 coins for registration. However, the existing system should only credit it with 10 coins for reg and 10 for post play.

Could somone tell me what it's worth?

(I'm starting to think NOA is changing this sporadically.)
Cave Story is definitely 20 coins on registration. Plus 10 coins on Post Play, of course, so 30 total.

Javier

By the way, this week's "Downloadable Game with CN Coins" is... Urban Champion. Again. For 150 coins. AGAIN.

Nintendo seems desperate to get people to buy that game.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm going to say you should get it.

I would never, ever pay money for Urban Champion but 3-5 games worth of coins? Why not. It's mindless fun and it does have a great 3D effect.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Wish they would just let us convert coins to eshop money or something. I'd gladly pay 600 or more coins on a download if I could get some slightly better non-throwaway titles

Davey Cakes

Urban Champion AGAIN?

I hate to sound ungrateful, because these prizes are technically free, but still...WHAT THE FUCK?

It's a loyalty program. Nintendo, actually throw your fans a bone. It's one thing to recycle old Club Nintendo content, but it's another to recycle the shitty stuff.

Drago

a survey for Pokemon Dream Radar just appeared on my to do list, but i didn't even buy the game.

did this happen for anyone else?

I didn't get that, but I did get a product registration survey for Bird Mania 3D... a game I got several months ago.

huh.

edit: and I go to do the survey and it's actually for SpeedX 3D (which I got 2 weeks ago). What is going on?!

iphys

No idea, but I think I had a similar problem a few weeks ago with the total wrong image showing up for a registration survey. It might have been my SpeedX registration survey, but I thought it was one of my old WiiWare post-play titles I've had hanging around for a while.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I've had a product registration survey for nsmb2 for a while even though I never filled out an ITB or bought the game. It says that it expired on Aug 28th but it's still there.

iphys

Awesome! I almost considered using my points on Pilotwings, because I used to own it once upon a time, but 100 coins is a steal.

Top Bottom