• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Drago

2013's platinum prize will be this:

Charizard-3DS-XL.jpg
If only

But this is NoA

iphys

I wonder why we haven't heard what the Japan Club Nintendo elite prizes are yet. I'm pretty sure their Club Nintendo year ends like Sept 30th, so I would have thought their prizes would be announced by now.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I'm trying to do some surveys and each and every last one says "This survey is closed. Thank you for your interest." when I click on them. I'm sure it's nothing more than maintenance but I also wanted to register Professor Layton Miracle Mask. Guess I'll just hold onto my code for now.
This happened to me too. Most of my post-play surveys say they're closed, even though they're not set to expire yet. The only exceptions are my eShop Virtual Console post play surveys, they still work.

Hmm. I hope nothing is glitching -- I have 173 surveys in my account, and I've kept careful track of expiration dates so I can maximize and prolong coin values...

(Yes, I logged the original expiration dates for all surveys, and have already tested and determined that old expiration dates are still valid, even if the system won't show them.)

Edit: Even -new-ish surveys are doing this. It has to be a temporary site problem...

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone else's Liberation Maiden post play survey not working? Says it expires on Feb 22nd for me but gives me
This survey is closed. Thank you for your interest.

when I try to take it

Davey Cakes

Mario's Picross is an excellent choice for anyone with some spare coins.

That said, I already have it from the last time it was a reward! I'm getting a little annoyed at repeating rewards, but at least this time it's a decent game. Hopefully Metroid II shows up at some point.

zroid

Banned
Hmmm, so Freakyforms Deluxe is 40 coins? That betrays the recent trend of coin values being determined by game price.

DDayton

I think NOA is changing the way the CN site displays "potential coin values" for unregistered games. Some games seem to no longer include the Post Play in the listed game value (although they still give it). As a result, there are several games I am unsure of the value of. Can anyone help on the following?

1) Pokedex 3D Pro: Site says "30 w/ 10 coin Reg Survey" -- can anyone tell me what the Reg survey is actually worth? I assume this is 20 reg, 10 post play, but the site says it only has a 10 coin reg survey. I'm confused.

2) Paper Mario Sticker Star: CN site says it's worth 50 coins with a +10 bonus expiring in December. This is odd as the site NORMALLY would assign this 40 reg, 10 early reg, and 10 postplay -- listing 60 as the value. Can anyone verify this is a 40 coin game with a +10 early reg?

3) Freakyforms Deluxe: The physical and digital versions list DIFFERENT coin value totals - 50 physical (10 early reg), 40 digital (10 "registration survey"). I have no idea how to figure this one out. Has anyone purchased it? What's the value? I would ASSUME it was a 20 reg, 10 early reg, 10 postplay (40), but the 50 for physical makes no sense.

4) 3rd Party Physical: All the $30 titles are currently listing a 30 coin reg value. They USED to show a 30 coin value with a 10 postplay... now I think they just aren't showing the postplay value when they list them. Has anyone registered any 3rd party titles recently?If so, how many coins did you get for registering:
Rayman Origins , Bratz: Fashion Boutique, Lalaoopsy, Moshi Monsters, Trash Back, Transformers Prime, Wreck-It Ralph, Ben 10 Omniverse, Zero Escape, or Skylanders Giants?

NOA is getting odd with the way it lists values.

bumpkin

Also, my CN page just got a mystery survey: "Kid Icarus Uprising Sweepstakes Entry
Expires Jan 7"
Same. It wasn't even really a survey, either. It was just a short description with a checkbox to enter.

I never did have any luck getting the AR cards that came with the game to work. I aimed the camera at any given card and held it there for a while, but nothing ever happened. Conversely, the AR cards that came with the 3DS work all the time for me.

Drago

Also, my CN page just got a mystery survey: "Kid Icarus Uprising Sweepstakes Entry
Expires Jan 7"
:eek:

If this is a contest to win every single KI AR card, consider me pumped. That's what I expect, at least.

Speaking of which, were winners ever announced for the Kirby playing cards sweepstakes?

DDayton

I feel like I should list that survey/contest somewhere, but I don't know where.

I suppose I could list it as a 0 coin Bonus Survey...

zroid

Banned
Did any of you get the contest survey without having registered the game? I've been hoarding my code and see no bonus survey

Code_Link

I have a second Skyward Sword code up for trades. I got Excite Bots and Wario Ware: DIY and only got a measly 20 points each. I'm still 90 points away from Platinum, help! :(

PM me if interested in trading up. :D

Did any of you get the contest survey without having registered the game? I've been hoarding my code and see no bonus survey
From the official rules:
http://club2.nintendo.com/kidicarus/officialrules/ said:
(1) Entry by Product Registration Survey using Club Nintendo account. If you have not already completed and submitted to Nintendo a product registration survey for your copy of Kid Icarus: Uprising, you can enter by following these steps using your Club Nintendo account: (i) Find the Club Nintendo insert that was included in your copy of Kid Icarus: Uprising, (ii) Enter the PIN code from your insert on the Club Nintendo homepage at club.nintendo.com, (iii) Complete the product registration survey for Kid Icarus: Uprising, (iv) at the end of the product registration survey, check the box indicating that you want to enter the Promotion, and click "Submit" to send your registration survey and enter the Promotion.
It's not too late to enter :)

BooJoh

2) Paper Mario Sticker Star: CN site says it's worth 50 coins with a +10 bonus expiring in December. This is odd as the site NORMALLY would assign this 40 reg, 10 early reg, and 10 postplay -- listing 60 as the value. Can anyone verify this is a 40 coin game with a +10 early reg?
I don't know if this helps you but I bought Paper Mario digitally, and got 40 coins for the registration survey without ITB.

On that note, I wish they'd just make the ITB surveys count for both digital and retail versions because I didn't plan to get this game digital so now I have an unused ITB for the retail copy and didn't get my bonus coins.

JosiahB

Thanks. Guess there's no point getting our hopes up then. Kind of disappointing considering all the promo packs they gave EB Games that were supposed to be handed out free but EB employees hoarded instead. One guy I know ended up with a 2" thick stack of cards from his friend that worked at EB.

I was really hoping NoA would sell the whole series at retail in America, like NoE did in Europe. I would have bought them... But this being the only way to get all of the cards in the US? So sad.

Maybe they'll sell them at retail later...

Only way? I have a complete set via boosters. (thanks pax east and Nycc!)

I should take photos. That said, the core set box looks really nice. At all 402 (minus three promos), it's about as complete as it gets. It is about the only way to get a full set too, and it seems like they did a bunch of these core sets. (save for convention hopping like me and then doing trades)

I hope the surveys are fixed by the time my Internet is up again. Doing them by phone is not my cup of tea.

Top Bottom