• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

How awesome would it have been if Kid Icarus Cards were in the club nintendo shop. I would burned a ton of coins on those.

Just as a random note with the discussion of this, the November 2012 issues of Nintendo Power are coming with a Series 2 pack of the AR cards. Figured it would be worth mentioning.

Just as a random note with the discussion of this, the November 2012 issues of Nintendo Power are coming with a Series 2 pack of the AR cards. Figured it would be worth mentioning.
I saw the cards when I received my issue but failed to notice they were Series 2. The packaging is the same, save for the background color for the text "10 Select AR Cards Included" - green for series 2 compared to red for series 1. Good eye!

Glass Joe

I wonder if we'll start seeing anything Wii U related anytime soon as bonuses. I've been saving up coins in hopes that some VC games might be offered with updated U functionality, though other accessories (NFC cards / toys?) would be nice to see too.

How awesome would it have been if Kid Icarus Cards were in the club nintendo shop. I would burned a ton of coins on those.

You should go to conventions where Nintendo has a showing (PAX, PAX East, NYCC, etc.). They give them out like candy. I've got at least 5 packs somewhere in my closet, and I don't even own the game.

Drago

I got around 13 or so AR card packs from the Kid Icarus launch event in NYC, and got around 90 unique cards from it all.

But that isn't enough. I need them all!

IrishNinja

I wonder if we'll start seeing anything Wii U related anytime soon as bonuses. I've been saving up coins in hopes that some VC games might be offered with updated U functionality, though other accessories (NFC cards / toys?) would be nice to see too.

pretty much what i'm hoping for too, sitting on many coins waiting to see a WU reshuffle/new goods

I got around 13 or so AR card packs from the Kid Icarus launch event in NYC, and got around 90 unique cards from it all.

But that isn't enough. I need them all!

You one of the winners or a native to NYC? As Nintendo World was handing out boosters like crazy for a while.

iphys

That's actually just the calendar rather than posters. On the left is Nintendouji, which is some sort of Dungeon RPG DSiWare game.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
2012 PLATINUM REWARD-MARIO CARD SET Jul 6, 2012 Order Accepted
KIRBY'S 20TH ANNIVERSARY MEDAL-CLUB Sep 5, 2012 Order Accepted (Backordered)

Any day now. :(

Looks like not all 3rd party Wii U games have Club Nintendo codes.

No code in Scribblenauts Unlimited.

bummer, hope zombieu has one or black ops 2 , smh i need dem coins

i should pre register nintendo land and NSMB2 right now

Has the Kirby coin shipped to anyone?

haha wow, its been so long i forgot, also just remembered the mario player cards i ordered a while back, where are they :(

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I (almost) can't believe it...

The CN site has info on the Wii U systems and their coin values.

Both the Basic and Deluxe Wii U sets are worth 160 coins.

That's pathetic.

What's even more pathetic is that it appears you get no coins, at all, for the bundled Nintendo Land.

CN coins are nearly "free" for Nintendo, and they shovel them away for other things -- giving the same number of coins for the Wii U as the Wii is insane.

Ideally, the Wii U Deluxe set (with Nintendoland) should be worth at least 350 coins, and the basic Wii U worth 300. Something NEAR those levels...

Edit: The site also has info on linking Wii U Nintendo Network accounts with Club Nintendo. https://club.nintendo.com/link-shop-account.do

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
As a Deluxe pre-order customer, it sucks getting shafted on the coins for NintendoLand.......

.....and, I'm over it :p

IrishNinja

yeah, disappointingly low # of coins for premium, agreed. if it didnt put me at nearly 1k with nothing yet to buy, id be more upset though.

DDayton

I suppose there is an infinitesimal chance that you get two sets of coins for the Wii U... one for registering a CN code, and another for linking the eShop.

Did any of the reviewers mention a CN code in their packages?

Edit: One of the unboxing videos shows what appears to be a CN red/white slip and a code sitting under the Nintendoland box. Can't make it out, though. Trying to see if any of the unboxing videos go through the paperwork.

iphys

I remember being disappointed with the 160 coins for the 3DS, but then they gave us the linking bonus, and a few free things with surveys that brought us pretty close to the 250 I was hoping for. (And then there was the Ambassador program, which wound up being another 200, not that I expect that to ever happen again.)

I'm really surprised they're not giving the Nintendo Land coins for the Deluxe, since it's not like you're not paying $50 extra and don't deserve some extra coins. If they really consider Nintendo Land to be a free game, they should have included it free with the Basic set too in that case.

I waited a couple of months to register and input all my CN codes since buying my 3DSXL in September. Had sufficient games purchased to get me to Gold status. I looked at the rewards and was a bit underwhelmed by the abundance of physical choices, but is there anything big worth saving up for, or is waiting for digital games you like the way to go?

I'm still annoyed that I messed up my ambassador 3DS stuff. Did half of it this past year but forgot to finish it all and didn't hit a reward level for the first time. :/

I'll make it up this year with the Wii U though despite them shafting Deluxe owners.

donny2112

I looked at the rewards and was a bit underwhelmed by the abundance of physical choices, but is there anything big worth saving up for, or is waiting for digital games you like the way to go?

There are various trains of thought on this. My position is hold onto the points until something comes up you have to have. They expire in ~3 years or so, so no rush. Others tend to want to spend what they have for towels, bags, etc. Another thing to keep in mind is that they sometimes come up with limited time/availability options. The Gold nunchuk was a week, I think. The Kirby medal was just a few hours.

It's a free bonus. Treat it as such, and don't expect totally awesome stuff, and you'll be good.

BooJoh

I (almost) can't believe it...

The CN site has info on the Wii U systems and their coin values.

Both the Basic and Deluxe Wii U sets are worth 160 coins.

That's pathetic.

What's even more pathetic is that it appears you get no coins, at all, for the bundled Nintendo Land.

CN coins are nearly "free" for Nintendo, and they shovel them away for other things -- giving the same number of coins for the Wii U as the Wii is insane.

Ideally, the Wii U Deluxe set (with Nintendoland) should be worth at least 350 coins, and the basic Wii U worth 300. Something NEAR those levels...

Edit: The site also has info on linking Wii U Nintendo Network accounts with Club Nintendo. https://club.nintendo.com/link-shop-account.do

Don't deluxe set owners get like 10x the coins for digital purchases through next year though? I'm guessing that's worth more than an extra 90 coins.

backlot

Don't deluxe set owners get like 10x the coins for digital purchases through next year though? I'm guessing that's worth more than an extra 90 coins.

Is that part of the Deluxe Digital promotion? I thought it was just 10% credit back for digital purchases.

BooJoh

Is that part of the Deluxe Digital promotion? I thought it was just 10% credit back for digital purchases.

Oh, my bad. I was confusing the DDP "points" for coins. Even so, you'll still get the points, and in turn store credit for games you buy digitally.

I haven't been visiting the Club Nintendo site for a while now, and just logged on to start getting my platinum status.

Do they not do "Intends to Buy" anymore? I can't find them anywhere.

BooJoh

Oh, they mixed the games together.

I don't see an option to do a pre-release survey though.

When there are Intend to Buy surveys available, it'll have a section above "Purchased any new games?" that says "Thinking about these games?"

I don't know if there are any up right now, because I think any you've filled out disappear from the list once you fill out the ITB survey.

rpmurphy

2012 PLATINUM REWARD-MARIO CARD SET Jul 6, 2012 Order Accepted
KIRBY'S 20TH ANNIVERSARY MEDAL-CLUB Sep 5, 2012 Order Accepted (Backordered)

Any day now. :(

Just checking my order statuses today:

2012 PLATINUM REWARD-MARIO CARD SET - Jul 6, 2012 - Preparing Order
KIRBY'S 20TH ANNIVERSARY MEDAL-CLUB - Sep 5, 2012 - Order Accepted | Backordered

DDayton

Hmm.

"Hotel Transylvania" is an eShop download and comes with a full 50 points (40 + 10 postplay, I assume) now.

I have no record of the retail release having a code slip.

Does anyone know if it did?

(Also, did the retail copy of Myst come with a code? I assume it did, as it used to have a info page for registration on CN, but...)

DDayton

So, I scanned the Wii shop again to check for any other missing titles...

1) All three DKC games are missing. These are the only new missing VC titles.

2) The demo for Horizon Riders (WiiWare) is gone. It appears to be the only missing demo.

3) Planet Fish (WiiWare) is gone. That's new to me.

3) Military Madness: Nectaris (WiiWare) is gone. I think I remember hearing about how it was going to be pulled, but I'm not sure when it was.

Top Bottom