• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Did no one post the new reward? Art Style Rotozoa. One of the two later Art Style games I presume. Might be the first game I get. Will have to wait and see on some things first. Its 100 coins.

Also: Both WiiU Basic and Deluxe is 160 coins. NNNNNOOOOOOAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also:...Also: Am I supposed to know if I won those Kirby Cards (Or whatever they were) because I don't think I did unless they didn't reveal them yet.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Anybody actually able to register their Wii U yet? It says to register you have to link your CN account through the eShop and then fill out the survey on the CN website but I haven't gotten a survey yet.

Also I noticed this little asterisk under the Wii U register instructions page:

* Please note that Wii U systems do not qualify for warranty extensions.

Apparently we don't get the usual 3 month warranty extension with Wii U that they give with all their other systems. I wonder why?

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
I cannot even find the code for my Wii U deluxe :(

Deluxe doesn't have a code (basic might not either I don't know). The only way to register it according to the website is to link it to your Club Nintendo account through the eShop. Normally you can register consoles with the serial number but if you try with a Wii U serial it'll just send you to the instructions on how to link your CN account.

TehOh

Under the "download new games" section on Club Nintendo, they list registration surveys for Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon Instant Video. Two of those won't even be out for a month. Good job. :)

Just got my Wii U Deluxe registration survey. No survey yet for Trine 2, though.

Clipper

Got 70 coins for Super Mario Bros U. Is that a glitch or are they worth 70 points now?
Did you fill out the Intend to Buy survey for it? If so, then it's worth 50 coins, with 10 being ItB and 10 being early registration. Otherwise it's 60 coins plus 10 for early registration.

Edit: According to the CN site's listing, my guess is you didn't do ItB and they are worth 60 coins. Let us know if this is incorrect.

Expires Nov. 24th. Is that of 2012? I kinda wanted to save my coins for next year's platinum status.

Yeah, that's 2012. All registration surveys are only active for 7 days.

I'm already at 1455 coins for this year. Crazy.

Very strange. All the other surveys now take a month to expire. I guess the apparently new registration procedure didn't have its deadlines extended.

Anyone have the t-shirt?

I have enough coins for the hanafuda cards. should I get those, go for the tshirt, or keep saving up for the game and watch ball?

Clipper

Hmm, so the Eligibility page for CN seems to indicate that many, if not all, the downloadable games come with coins, but only the retail titles that Nintendo publishes qualify for coins. Had we noticed this yet?

Anyone have the t-shirt?

I have enough coins for the hanafuda cards. should I get those, go for the tshirt, or keep saving up for the game and watch ball?
It was one of the last things I ordered before Nintendo cancelled my original account. I love it and wear it all the time. It does generate some conversation too.

Triz

Did you fill out the Intend to Buy survey for it? If so, then it's worth 50 coins, with 10 being ItB and 10 being early registration. Otherwise it's 60 coins plus 10 for early registration.

Edit: According to the CN site's listing, my guess is you didn't do ItB and they are worth 60 coins. Let us know if this is incorrect.

Very strange. All the other surveys now take a month to expire. I guess the apparently new registration procedure didn't have its deadlines extended.

I did not fill out an intend to buy. So perhaps 60 points for retail wii u games and 10 early registration?

Has anyone else linked their Club Nintendo account and it not give you credit for it? It's been hours now and it has yet to show up. :/

Clipper

I've updated the table from the OP with the info from the Eligibility page. Not sure if I have it totally correct yet, but here it is for reference:
table.png

Has anyone else linked their Club Nintendo account and it not give you credit for it? It's been hours now and it has yet to show up. :/
Did you check for the survey in your To-Do list? Registering should enable the survey, which will give you the coins when you fill it in.

Did you check for the survey in your To-Do list? Registering should enable the survey, which will give you the coins when you fill it in.

Yeah, flipped though the list. Nothing. Think I may just need to contact Nintendo about it. :(

Edit: Almost 24 hours later and it finally showed up in my surveys to complete. Oi.

iphys

Hmm, so the Eligibility page for CN seems to indicate that many, if not all, the downloadable games come with coins, but only the retail titles that Nintendo publishes qualify for coins. Had we noticed this yet?

It was one of the last things I ordered before Nintendo cancelled my original account. I love it and wear it all the time. It does generate some conversation too.

Hmm, some of the downloadable games that have coins I've definitely seen people say the retail versions don't come with codes (ZombiU and Just Dance 4). Maybe that's one more way they're trying to entice people to go digital.

tornjaw

I have 845 coins at the moment, haven't purchased a Wii U yet, or games (still in Turkey).

I'm torn between the Hanafuda Cards, Game & Watch Collection 2, or holding out for Game & Watch: Ball.

Advice?

iphys

I think you have to link/register your Wii U in order to get the registration surveys for Netflix/Hulu/Amazon video or any games you download, but I could be mistaken.

I would save your coins in case something better gets released soon. Good things don't always last very long on the site, and they often seem to release new rewards around the holidays.

rpmurphy

I have reached platinum. So, should I just hold onto any other Club Nintendo codes until June?
Yeah, unless there's rewards that you really want. I typically just hold all of my paper codes until the last month so my digital download registrations/surveys raise me closer to the status first.

bumpkin

Yeah, unless there's rewards that you really want. I typically just hold all of my paper codes until the last month so my digital download registrations/surveys raise me closer to the status first.
I do the same thing. Bummer that in order to get the DDP incentive, I had to register my Wii U. I was only something like 30 coins from platinum. I wanted to hang onto the Wii U reg until the new CN year ticked over for a boost out of the gate.

I kind of want the shirt, but my concern is not knowing what size to get. Usually large fit fine on me, but I've had a few that were more or less unwearable after being washed once; they shrank too much.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Okay, adding the Wii U hardware and games to the spreadsheet... the Wii U hardware price/coins means that the average cost per hardware coin is now $1.84, as opposed to $1.72.

I'm using the main CN site to get coin date for Wii U games, physical and download. Are there any "missing" games I should know about? Am I right in understanding that few/none of the third party retail titles have CN codes?

DDayton

Two questions for everyone:
  • Did anyone Epic Mickey: The Power of Illusion for the 3DS? If so, how many coins did you get?
    I ask as the Eligible Products page lists it as a 40 coin game, but the Coins.Do page lists it as 60.
    I'm assuming it's 40 reg + 10 post play, but that only gets me to 50 coins -- I'm trying to figure out why the Coins.Do page shows 60.
  • Did anyone download any Wii U retail titles yet?
    If so, how did it appear in your Club Nintendo coin history?
    I ask as I'm seeing them listed as 80 coin games... and I can see 60 for registration plus 10 for postplay, but I'm not sure where the last 10 is coming from. Some (Nintendo published) have a 10 coin early registration, but I'm curious as to whether this early reg bonus is being applied to -all- digital versions now.

DDayton

Heh.

Nintendoland in the Deluxe bundle doesn't come with a code, but you still get coins for it... sort of.

If you register your Wii U Deluxe bundle, it tells you that you can return in a week and fill out a 50 coin post play survey about Nintendoland. It sounds as though the post play is actually for the system, even if it's about the game.

This makes it a little bit better!

backlot

Two questions for everyone:
  • Did anyone Epic Mickey: The Power of Illusion for the 3DS? If so, how many coins did you get?
    I ask as the Eligible Products page lists it as a 40 coin game, but the Coins.Do page lists it as 60.
    I'm assuming it's 40 reg + 10 post play, but that only gets me to 50 coins -- I'm trying to figure out why the Coins.Do page shows 60.
  • Did anyone download any Wii U retail titles yet?
    If so, how did it appear in your Club Nintendo coin history?
    I ask as I'm seeing them listed as 80 coin games... and I can see 60 for registration plus 10 for postplay, but I'm not sure where the last 10 is coming from.

I bought the download version of NSMBU. It shows up as a 60 coins in one entry and 10 in another. I'm guessing early registration for the 10?

Glad to hear about Nintendo Land though.

Clipper

I bought the download version of NSMBU. It shows up as a 60 coins in one entry and 10 in another. I'm guessing early registration for the 10?

Glad to hear about Nintendo Land though.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully we can get the same info for a non-Nintendo-published one as those are the ones we are confused about. It appears they may qualify for early registration too!

zroid

Banned
Heh.

Nintendoland in the Deluxe bundle doesn't come with a code, but you still get coins for it... sort of.

If you register your Wii U Deluxe bundle, it tells you that you can return in a week and fill out a 50 coin post play survey about Nintendoland. It sounds as though the post play is actually for the system, even if it's about the game.

This makes it a little bit better!

aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh, that's interesting. Works for me!

TehOh

Damn, no code in retail Scribblenauts Unlimited or Assassin's Creed 3. Both get points in digital form, though. That sucks.

Trine 2 has a 20 coin registration survey.

krae_man

I just wish It would give me credit for the intend to buy for Nintendo Land. At first it gave me a message that said "Input a club Nintendo code or system serial Number" but the verbiage about registering a system to get the intend to buy bonus is gone.

Did anyone's old Post-Plays disappear? I remember I had a couple (SMG, Link's Crossbow) that were expiring in a couple days but the last time I clicked on them I got an error and now they're not even on my To-Do list anymore.

BooJoh

I have reached platinum. So, should I just hold onto any other Club Nintendo codes until June?

It depends on how many Nintendo games you buy. I've made platinum every year with nearly no effort, and have gone far beyond the 600 coins required multiple times. I just register everything when I get it to maximize the amount of overall coins I get since I buy enough Nintendo games to reach platinum every year anyway.

I do hold onto codes if it's already past early reg date though.

Clipper

Did anyone's old Post-Plays disappear? I remember I had a couple (SMG, Link's Crossbow) that were expiring in a couple days but the last time I clicked on them I got an error and now they're not even on my To-Do list anymore.
That sounds right. Super Mario Galaxy's release date was November 12 and Link's Crossbow Training was November 19, both in 2007. So they expired 5 years after launch like they always said they would before they updated expiry to the 120 day period.

Top Bottom