• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Clipper

Don't know if there was a code in the physical version, but I got 70 coins for AC3 downloadable version on Wii U

Thank you for that. This confirms it. The Download Version of 3rd Party launch Wii U titles have Early Registration while the retail versions give you nothing at all...

Edit: I've also updated the table from the OP accordingly and will add this to the questions list as it will surely come up more often.

table.png

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Thank you for that. This confirms it. The Download Version of 3rd Party launch Wii U titles have Early Registration while the retail versions give you nothing at all...

It also looks like the same might be true for 3DS releases...

If anyone registers the 3DS Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion, tell us how many coins you get.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Did anyone's old Post-Plays disappear? I remember I had a couple (SMG, Link's Crossbow) that were expiring in a couple days but the last time I clicked on them I got an error and now they're not even on my To-Do list anymore.
You're supposed to do any expiring surveys in the coming year at the beginning of the new CN year. I'm disappointed in you.

That sounds right. Super Mario Galaxy's release date was November 12 and Link's Crossbow Training was November 19, both in 2007. So they expired 5 years after launch like they always said they would before they updated expiry to the 120 day period.

You're supposed to do any expiring surveys in the coming year at the beginning of the new CN year. I'm disappointed in you.

I tried to do them a couple weeks ago but I got a "you have done this survey" error. Forgot to try again before they expired. :(

I actually have no idea how many Post Play's I've missed over the years, but it's a lot.

I tried to do them a couple weeks ago but I got a "you have done this survey" error. Forgot to try again before they expired. :(

I actually have no idea how many Post Play's I've missed over the years, but it's a lot.
Yeah, same happened to me on a few Post Plays. I think it was only 2-3 games for me so I just kicked myself for forgetting and shrugged it off, but you could always try contacting the Club N customer service about the error and see if they'll give you an extension and access to the surveys again?

NineH

Did anyone's old Post-Plays disappear? I remember I had a couple (SMG, Link's Crossbow) that were expiring in a couple days but the last time I clicked on them I got an error and now they're not even on my To-Do list anymore.

Yup, I had a Mario Strikers Charged post play survey disappear on me too and that was at the end of July. It's exactly as Clipper says though, the games we had were from 2007 so we just missed the 5 year cutoff. I thought they would extend the expiration like they did previously but I guess they did away with that.

Clipper

Yup, I had a Mario Strikers Charged post play survey disappear on me too and that was at the end of July. It's exactly as Clipper says though, the games we had were from 2007 so we just missed the 5 year cutoff. I thought they would extend the expiration like they did previously but I guess they did away with that.

It appears they stopped extending the 5-year period to 10 years at the same time they made all the other huge changes.

DDayton

Er.... the surveys that disappeared - they were LISTED as expiring by that date, right? Things are only expiring by their expiration dates... right?

(Sitting on 181 surveys...)

DDayton

Also -- Wii U Hulu Plus is available for download. Both Netflix and Hulu Plus should give you a 10 coin survey within 7 days...

bumpkin

Er.... the surveys that disappeared - they were LISTED as expiring by that date, right? Things are only expiring by their expiration dates... right?

(Sitting on 181 surveys...)
Holy crap, man! I have maybe somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-15 CN code sheets from various games that I'm hoarding for July 1st. And here I thought that was a lot!

RagnarokX

I'll have enough coins with my Wii U survey, but I don't want to fill that out until my Wii U gets back from being repaired so I can write Nintendo detailed comments about my experience.

Watch the nunchuk come back with a retail-style package like Japan got, making the two I ordered when they were first available somehow less valuable. I'm not getting another one, but I'm glad to see it return so more people have a chance at it.

Man, I don't know if I wanna waste that many coins on a different colored Nunchuck when I have 3. Then again, it would look good with my gold WiiMote...and it is a collector's item since this will probably be the last time they offer it. With WiiU post plays surveys and Netflix/hulu I should make it to 900 but thats alot of coins....

Also: Does any 3rd party game have a CN code? From reading the comments here it doesn't seem like it. Thats pretty weird considering how good they were doing with 3rd party 3DS codes.

DDayton

Holy crap, man! I have maybe somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-15 CN code sheets from various games that I'm hoarding for July 1st. And here I thought that was a lot!

Aside from the coin value database, I have a local spreadsheet tracking all the surveys based on their expiration dates. I did grab that data before they changed the system... and, as expiration dates never changed, I can get the coins for each title on the last possible date.

It's a bit of work, but if anything good ever appears...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'm up over the Gold Nuncuck price again, even without adding the Wii U and Nintendo Land. I don't need a second one, but it's not like there's been much else for me to spend coins on.

240 coins to 900.
290 coins to Platnium.

So I could get enough coins for the nunchuk and still have a buffer for any early-reg bonuses/post plays. But will anything better show up between now and July 1st?

iphys

240 coins to 900.
290 coins to Platnium.

So I could get enough coins for the nunchuk and still have a buffer for any early-reg bonuses/post plays. But will anything better show up between now and July 1st?

Based on what we've had the past few years, I'd say go for it because there's not much chance of the rewards getting any better than this.

Damn it! Bloody gold nunchuk again for the US, and still nothing over here in Europe (unless you're willing to spend around £60 on an imported Japanese one from eBay!).

Don't suppose anyone has coins spare who could pick one up for me and we can sort something out for reimbursement? PM if so!

Clipper

Oh well, seeing as I decided to get an Aussie Wii U instead of US, there's no chance of me getting the nunchuck. I'd have enough coins if I hadn't gotten the Kirby medal, but that will still be cool anyway on its own. My big task will be getting to 600 coins in future years out of the 3DS alone... I haven't entered my 3DS XL code yet, and I'm pretty sure games will get me just over the Platinum line this year, so that'll get me quarter of the way in the 2012-2013 year, but future years will be tricky if the Wii U remains region locked...

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Aside from the coin value database, I have a local spreadsheet tracking all the surveys based on their expiration dates. I did grab that data before they changed the system... and, as expiration dates never changed, I can get the coins for each title on the last possible date.

It's a bit of work, but if anything good ever appears...

Heh, I did the exact same thing.

Made a statistics calculator at the bottom:

5pz9s.png

Goretrail

Ok, so i know this is rather shady, but if some of you guys are desperate for points there is an easy solution. Go to gamestop, phone in hand and crack open used games and snap a photo of the code in used games. Most will not have been used.

I have only done this once when i first discovered club Nintendo and realized that the platinum registration deadline was in 3 days and was short by a hundo. Makes you feel dirty, but gets the job done.

womp

Ok, so i know this is rather shady, but if some of you guys are desperate for points there is an easy solution. Go to gamestop, phone in hand and crack open used games and snap a photo of the code in used games. Most will not have been used.

I have only done this once when i first discovered club Nintendo and realized that the platinum registration deadline was in 3 days and was short by a hundo. Makes you feel dirty, but gets the job done.

So you are the reason my 'NEW' (But yet opened display) copy of Pilotwings Resort I got free with my 3DS XL a couple months ago from Gamestop didn't have a working code in it when I tried to add it.

Luckily for you I had already owned the game at launch but still....pretty douchey.

Goretrail

Yeah, i know its dirty. But at least I didn't do it to any new games... It was a one time thing for me anyway. Can't see myself doing it again.

Drago

So, looking at the Club Nintendo website, it seems that every retail download will come with a full 60 coin survey, but the boxed retail releases don't come with codes for any game not published by Nintendo.

Why? :'(

Top Bottom