• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

iphys

It is a bit strange that when 3DC Xevious was available months ago, it went for 100 coins, and now its less expensive cousin Twinbee is 150 coins. They've really systematically increased the price of everything.

Last December we had 4 games offered worth $34 total that cost 500 coins total. This December we've had 5 games offered worth $34 total that cost 750 coins total. So a 50% increase in the cost. I also think the games were better quality last December too.

Last December we had 4 games offered worth $34 total that cost 500 coins total. This December we've had 5 games offered worth $34 total that cost 750 coins total. So a 50% increase in the cost. I also think the games were better quality last December too.

Meh, Mario vs DK was the only one worthwhile.

Javier

I ALMOST bought Twinbee before seeing this.

I want some of those Japanese covers!
I bought a Japanese Case from eBay a while back. I got the white US cover, as well as the white Mario & Co. one and the Big Boo/Bullet Bill one. It's pretty cool, although I wanted the yellow Mario one.

zroid

Banned
It's really sad NoA doesn't seem to be taking this opportunity to release some of the Japanese covers. Want that Pikmin one so bad...

Okay, I want Metroid II but I also want another game card case and I would probably use my points better on trinkets later in the year.

I'll probably have excess points anyway.

It's really sad NoA doesn't seem to be taking this opportunity to release some of the Japanese covers. Want that Pikmin one so bad...

I don't get why they don't sell some extra covers as a separate reward. Obviously the case is a popular item, and it would be dirt cheap to print extra covers.

And we'll all buy them. It's like the easiest thing ever.

Sushigod7

I don't get why they don't sell some extra covers as a separate reward. Obviously the case is a popular item, and it would be dirt cheap to print extra covers.

And we'll all buy them. It's like the easiest thing ever.

Yup perfect idea that makes sense, NOA won't do it.

IrishNinja

gotta go look up Twinbee now...Metroid 2 is awesome though.

and yeah, i wish DC or whoever had those would scan the japanese variant case covers, id love to print a few of those.

Velcro Fly

Can't decide if I should get one or two cases. I have one already and it's full. The second one I get will be half full the second it arrives. Already have some 3DS games pre-ordered for 2013 so the second one may fill up in 2013 as well. I definitely have the coins to to buy two. Was also thinking if I'm not using it I could sell it but I'd feel really scummy doing that. The case is one of the best rewards for NA CN members and profiting from the scarcity of them would make me not feel great.

I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and get two, and look to print out some custom covers later on. I'll keep the second one unopened in case I ever feel the need to throw it on eBay like a scumbag.

iphys

Did you look for the survey in your to-dos? I thought it was a survey that showed up right away with 30 days to complete it.

frequency

I think Canada Post lost both my Club Nintendo platinum cards and my Gold Nunchuk. Both shipped about 2 weeks ago and arrived in my city on the 10th. Both have just been "Item out for delivery" all this time. They were shipped separately on different days. And both seem to be lost.

I'm mad about this (at Canada post, not Nintendo). That nunchuk cost me more than half my points. I only have 810 now and wouldn't be able to order again if they put it up again. And the platinum cards are gone forever.

Neither Canada Post or Nintendo want to answer my emails asking for help. I would phone but I can barely speak English so I need to write it.

I have the worst luck.

When did you email Nintendo? Sometimes they take a couple days to respond, but I can guarantee they'll get back to you and they'll make good if your stuff is truly lost in the mail. Be patient.

frequency

When did you email Nintendo? Sometimes they take a couple days to respond, but I can guarantee they'll get back to you and they'll make good if your stuff is truly lost in the mail. Be patient.

Thank you for the reassurance. I will continue to wait.

I'm not mad at Nintendo. I assume they're pretty busy and they are just giving me these things for free. So I'm thankful for that even if they can't fix this for me.

I am mad at Canada Post for being bad. They've always been bad to me with lost mail and such things. The mail system is one of the more frustrating things since coming here.

I can empathize as I've had my fair share of issues with the USPS myself! You're not likely to get much help from the government, but Nintendo customer service is literally the best in the biz. I'd be shocked if they gave you any issues replacing the missing items.

PS: Your English is phenomenal, I'm stunned to learn you're not a native speaker.

rjc571

Banned
150 coins for Metroid 2 is ridiculous. Don't they still put up games for 100 coins? I probably would've bought it if it was only 100.

Bought Cave Story off the eShop today in order to nudge myself over the 250 coin mark for tomorrow's Card Case. The 20 coin survey showed up about 3 hours after I made the purchase.

The Netflix 3DS survey still hasn't shown up.

donny2112

I know this has been asked before for other items, but I don't recall the answer. When do new items go up on the CN website? Midnight/9 a.m. PST?

KaYotiX

Banned
Sitting on 1500 coins, guess I'll grab twin bee and metroid 2. Beat Metroid when it was first released but it's always nice to have digital versions.

chrono01

I know this has been asked before for other items, but I don't recall the answer. When do new items go up on the CN website? Midnight/9 a.m. PST?
I'm curious too. How fast does everyone think the game cases will go out of stock? I'm tempted to stay up past midnight if I need to.

chrono01

So it appears as though tomorrow around noon or so [depending on my timezone, even earlier] would be the time to check? Thanks for the reply!

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Just registered a DSi XL and got no coins... just a screen saying I'd already registered that serial #. Waiting to see if this changes in the next 24-48 hours.

Top Bottom