• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

donny2112

The game cases better not sell out super quickly.

Kirby had 1000 coins and sold out in ~6 hours, I think. And that was a spur-of-the-moment, no pre-announcement, 600 coin purchase months before Christmas season. Christmas + pre-announcement + 250 coins = Uh-Oh.

Drago

Kirby had 1000 coins and sold out in ~6 hours, I think. And that was a spur-of-the-moment, no pre-announcement, 600 coin purchase months before Christmas season. Christmas + pre-announcement + 250 coins = Uh-Oh.
:(

Guess I'll try to see if I can get one off my phone...

The Kirby medals only had an extremely low number produced though, right? Surely they'll have a lot of stock for this one...

smr00

Banned
Sharing is caring, man... Do you really *need* four?
Seeing as i have well over 50 DS games and 30 3DS games yes, it makes it easier to store them.

Especially considering i do a bit of traveling. If i was getting them just to sell them that would be a different story.

Deku Tree

I just got platinum by filling out post-play surveys... Yay !!!

Does Club Nintendo send you an email on July 1 about the rewards? (Or do I need to set a reminder?)

bumpkin

I just got platinum by filling out post-play surveys... Yay !!!

Does Club Nintendo send you an email on July 1 about the rewards? (Or do I need to set a reminder?)
They usually send out an email saying that the choices are available to review and pick your reward.

donny2112

:(

Guess I'll try to see if I can get one off my phone...

The Kirby medals only had an extremely low number produced though, right? Surely they'll have a lot of stock for this one...

Yeah, just 1000 made. Should have a lot more of the cases, if they're pre-announcing them, though.

frequency

I can empathize as I've had my fair share of issues with the USPS myself! You're not likely to get much help from the government, but Nintendo customer service is literally the best in the biz. I'd be shocked if they gave you any issues replacing the missing items.

PS: Your English is phenomenal, I'm stunned to learn you're not a native speaker.

Thank you. I write much better than I speak. It is very hard for me to make some sounds. When I am writing I have time to think what I want to say and change it if I don't like it and I do not have to worry of pronouncing. So I can e-mail to ask for help. I do not think I can phone for help.

I still do not have response from Nintendo but I understand it must be busy now because it is close to Christmas and Wii U recent release so I will wait more.

zroid

Banned
Thank you. I write much better than I speak. It is very hard for me to make some sounds. When I am writing I have time to think what I want to say and change it if I don't like it and I do not have to worry of pronouncing. So I can e-mail to ask for help. I do not think I can phone for help.

I still do not have response from Nintendo but I understand it must be busy now because it is close to Christmas and Wii U recent release so I will wait more.

Here's my Canada Post horror story from earlier this year:

jEJ5FkKstBdzF.jpg

bumpkin

I have already filled three cases so I'm getting a fourth one as soon as these suckers pop up. I travel a lot, so these are great for carrying my entire collection.
I just see peeps talk about getting more than one and see the auctions on ebay for 'em... Kind of figure there isn't always a need; it's basic greed (and kind of a dick move).

Bii

I just see peeps talk about getting more than one and see the auctions on ebay for 'em... Kind of figure there isn't always a need; it's basic greed (and kind of a dick move).

Just because someone is getting more than one doesn't mean they are going to turn around and flip it.

Just because someone is getting more than one doesn't mean they are going to turn around and flip it.

I just don't get how people have so many stock piled coins. Are they really buying everything they can? Or scamming coins in done strange way?

bumpkin

I just don't get how people have so many stock piled coins. Are they really buying everything they can? Or scamming coins in done strange way?
I rarely order any rewards, TBH. Partly because there isn't much I want, and partly because Nintendo puts high price tags or limited availability on the really desirable ones. I like to be prepared. I usually hold onto my registration codes 'til the next CN year ticks over once I've hit Platinum for the current year. The Wii U was an exception because I bought a deluxe and want to partake of the DDP; you have to register your system to do so.

smr00

Banned
I buy most nintendo products and i rarely ever use the coins, the first time i used any of my coins in the last 2 years was for the golden controller so i still have 1400+ coins.

Take into account in the past 2 months i bought a Wii-U, DSI XL, 3DS XL and a butt load of games not to mention my family/friends don't use club nintendo so i get their points. It adds up. I never spend my coins on stupid towels or patches.

As for the "greed" comment above, believe it or not some of us have more than 10 games in our collection, it's easier to have all our games in these cases and it's why i am grabbing 4 of them, has nothing to do with greed i just need space in my house, i travel and it's easier to have these cases. I would rather people like me get them then people who get these strictly to sell on ebay.

Palehorse

I've always wondered this too. I struggle to make Platinum and haven't done it every year.

Seeing the number of post surveys people have sitting around they must be registering a lot of games. And some people reach platinum within weeks of the new year starting!

I don't necessarily think it's shady, but I am envious that: 1) some people have money to throw at 10-20 Nintendo CN games a year minimum, and 2) some people have jobs that let them gather in codes from used games.

womp

I buy most nintendo products and i rarely ever use the coins, the first time i used any of my coins in the last 2 years was for the golden controller so i still have 1400+ coins.

Take into account in the past 2 months i bought a Wii-U, DSI XL, 3DS XL and a butt load of games not to mention my family/friends don't use club nintendo so i get their points. It adds up. I never spend my coins on stupid towels or patches.

As for the "greed" comment above, believe it or not some of us have more than 10 games in our collection, it's easier to have all our games in these cases and it's why i am grabbing 4 of them, has nothing to do with greed i just need space in my house, i travel and it's easier to have these cases. I would rather people like me get them then people who get these strictly to sell on ebay.

Yep...I have 30 or so 3DS games to house. :)

Plus I save my points for the games they put up now...I already have my Mario T-shirt and pouch.

Velcro Fly

Yeah I'm definitely buying two when they pop up. Already have one that is full and by February/March of next year a second one will be more than halfway filled again. No point to only buy one and then by next summer it is filled and I'm scrambling to find a place to store games.

I think the last time they announced in advance they lasted for almost a week. So who knows.

I've made platinum every year since the program began in the US and I've bought most of the "big ticket" prizes. G&W Ball, both DS games, and the gold nunchuck. After I get today's DS case, I'm back to nearly zero coins.

And that makes sense to buy so many cases if you've been sitting on coins and skipping some of the other prizes.

Javier

If you have enough games to fill up a Card Case, chances are you have enough coins to trade for the case in the first place.

I've also downloaded tons of games, all of which give 10 coins at least. Oh, and I'm a 3DS ambassador too. That's 200 coins right there.

bumpkin

IT'S UP!

And with that, I'm down to 990 coins... Still enough (provided they don't hike the price) to get the gold 'chuk when it returns in January. :)

Edit: Beaten.

Velcro Fly

It's telling me there is an "order problem" under my order inquiries page D:

I hope that is because it just came in stock. They did charge me 250 coins for each one I ordered.

smr00

Banned
Ordered my third one. Yes, I use them and don't resell.
Same. Ended up getting 5, i thought they were going to be 350 but since they were 250 i had enough to order another.

Gonna gift one of them to my niece as a stocking stuffer and the rest are going to be used to clear up space.

Javier

Got my 4th Card Case and probably last for a while. Definitely not getting another one this round.

It's telling me there is an "order problem" under my order inquiries page D:

I hope that is because it just came in stock. They did charge me 250 coins for each one I ordered.
Check the "Coins & Status" page. It should be there right away at the bottom of the listing.

zroid

Banned
Guh, I think I'll pass on it this time. I could use a third case but I certainly don't *need* it, and if I used my coins now I'd be left with nothing in the event a cool new reward appears before July.

If NoA had given me the Pikmin cover I wanted I'd likely have bought two :mad:

oatmeal

Banned
Ugh...

my account is Canadian and I live in the States os they have to ship to my parents place in Canada. Won't let me change it to USA...

So I have to wait for it to go there, and then figure out a way to get it here.

(EDIT)
Sigh...I grabbed it.

Hopefully my parents don't just throw it away :(

I need to get 70 points for the next freebie release. Still bummed ZombiU didn't give me any points.

Top Bottom