• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm not the only one that noticed it just disappeared entirely from the product listing? Got me nervous.
Ugh, in preparation for its restock I held off on the game case and put in a few extra codes to hit 900 when I already had plat for this year. If it doesn't come back then I really got shafted since the case is OOS and I wasted like 300 coins I could've put towards 2013.

donny2112

Awesome, thanks!

No problem. It's 120 days for the post-play survey like everything else, so like Man God said, just don't buy until a week into March or so.

Does Fire Emblem have multiplayer?
I prefer to download only retail games with high replay value.

I guess it has multi-player, but much prefer single-player. Yes, it has insane replay value. Just changing the difficulty changes the game and how you play significantly. Then as said, there's the marriage system and a chance to get different support conversations from replaying, too. Along with the likely months of paid DLC, if you wanted to get those, too.

zroid

Banned
I think it unlikely Nintendo lied about the nunchuk returning this month. Whatever caused the page to vanish, it's probably trivial.

Does Fire Emblem have multiplayer?
I prefer to download only retail games with high replay value.

I know some people consider it a story-based game, but Fire Emblem's singleplayer gameplay is eminently replayable. If a few people die, you want to go back and make sure they don't on the next playthrough.

There are tons of characters, and on subsequent plays, you can try levelling each one to see how they do. The characters and teams are fun to mix and match to find the best strategies, and the past games (haven't played this one) give you a lot of options in how to want to tailor your teams with skills and weapons.

At least for me, this is definitely a game to download.

Lizardus

So once I qualify for platinum (30 coins to go), I can spend all those coins without my platinum status going away?

Also, if I don't use my coins before July 1, will they expire?

Lastly, any recommendations?

Busaiku

Yes, the amount of coins you have in total doesn't affect your status, just whether or not you got that certain amount of coins in a single Club Nintendo year.

Coin expiration depends on when you got them.
I believe coins last 3 years.

Definitely get the Messenger Bag (if it's still up there).
Easily the most useful item.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
A few notes...

* Gunman Clive (3DS) isn't listed under the "Downloaded any games," but everything else is. Has anyone gotten a reg survey for Clive?

* In another thread ( http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46065606&postcount=388 ), a GAFfer stated that he did some 'research' and was told that Wii Shop games purchased in Wii U's Wii Mode don't register to Club Nintendo Accounts. I find that highly doubtful, but I haven't tried it. Can anyone confirm that Wii U Wii Shop accounts remain linked to Club Nintendo and receive surveys?

Doing a little research, I found out that if I put the 2000 points on my Wii mode Wii shop account I won't get the Club Nintendo points for them because either the Shop isn't tied to my Club Nintendo account anymore or it's Nintendo being Nintendo.

zroid

Banned
* Gunman Clive (3DS) isn't listed under the "Downloaded any games," but everything else is. Has anyone gotten a reg survey for Clive?

I had not, although I downloaded it a week or two prior to release, so I thought that was the explanation. Hmmm...

Yeah I haven't gotten a survey for Clive. Maybe it's just too cheap?

Nope, the other $1.99 eShop game had a reg survey. Maybe it's possible for third party publishers on the eShop to voluntarily opt out of Club Nintendo? Should ask beril.

DonMigs85

Club Nintendo years are always from July 1 to June 30 of the following year. Points you load within a CN year are valid for the next 2 Club N years. (So correct me if I'm wrong but the coins you loaded now should be valid till June 30, 2014)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Club Nintendo years are always from July 1 to June 30 of the following year. Points you load within a CN year are valid for the next 2 Club N years. (So correct me if I'm wrong but the coins you loaded now should be valid till June 30, 2014)
No, June 30th 2015. They expire 2 years after the year you earned them in ends. This is all in the OP.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Each year is from July 1 to June 30.

Your platinum is good for this year, just like anyone who got plat from July through November.

Ah okay.

I only get digital download games anyway - not the items lol

Roto13

I haven't, and I bought it a couple of hours after it went up.
I had not, although I downloaded it a week or two prior to release, so I thought that was the explanation. Hmmm...
When I've gotten review codes for unreleased 3DS download games, I haven't gotten Club Nintendo surveys for them. So you probably wouldn't have gotten one anyway.

Sleepy

The current crop of 150 coin games expires tomorrow right? I wonder what we'll get next.

It seems that Nintendo doesn't remove/update the game on the actual date, but a few days later. I am hoping for something good--it will probably be Metal Torrent...again.

Ondore

Got a code for Kid Icarus from rebuying it after a trade. If you need coins for a game and haven't bought KIU... well, what's wrong with you? But I'll give it up. Quote to see it.

Got a code for Kid Icarus from rebuying it after a trade. If you need coins for a game and haven't bought KIU... well, what's wrong with you? But I'll give it up. Quote to see it.

Lurked, but thanks anyway.

I believe today is the last day to enter the KI contest as well.

* In another thread ( http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46065606&postcount=388 ), a GAFfer stated that he did some 'research' and was told that Wii Shop games purchased in Wii U's Wii Mode don't register to Club Nintendo Accounts.  I find that highly doubtful, but I haven't tried it.  Can anyone confirm that Wii U Wii Shop accounts remain linked to Club Nintendo and receive surveys?

It sounds like they entered the points into their account but haven't spent them on anything yet. You have to use the points before they show up in CN.

Beastmangler said:
I just got a 2000 Wii shop point card as a gift and want to put it in my Wii Mode Wii Shop account.

Doesn't sound like he's bought anything or even entered the points in his system. I don't have a Wii U yet, so I can't confirm or deny this, as much as I'd be willing to test the theory.

In other words, you get credit for buying games, not redeeming points cards.

DDayton

It sounds like they entered the points into their account but haven't spent them on anything yet. You have to use the points before they show up in CN.

Doesn't sound like he's bought anything or even entered the points in his system. I don't have a Wii U yet, so I can't confirm or deny this, as much as I'd be willing to test the theory.

In other words, you get credit for buying games, not redeeming points cards.

He said he "did research" for the first point. I just wanted to know if anyone has purchased Wii titles on the Wii U Wii Shop and gotten surveys.

The other possibility, of course, is that someone purchased one of the many Wii VC titles without reg surveys.

zigg

What's my best bet for finding out ASAP when the gold Nunchuk is back in stock?

Also, contrary to the OP, I think my Wii U registration survey did not expire in 7 days. I linked it a week ago on Friday and just completed the survey (though it was hard to find—it was at the end of my queued surveys) yesterday, 8 days later.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I purchased DD II, MMX2, and FF Special since buying my Wii U and transferring everything and have not received surverys.

Beastmangler

Neo Member
He said he "did research" for the first point. I just wanted to know if anyone has purchased Wii titles on the Wii U Wii Shop and gotten surveys.

The other possibility, of course, is that someone purchased one of the many Wii VC titles without reg surveys.

I'll move my discussion from the other thread here.

My "research", was from Nintendo themselves:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/cl...cts&submenu=clubn-faq-eligible-which-products

"After you link Wii U:
All Wii U games purchased on the Nintendo eShop are automatically registered to your Club Nintendo account. See the eligible products list to see what games are available for Coins. Note: Due to certain system constraints, Club Nintendo accounts cannot be linked to the Wii Shop on the Wii U. Games downloaded through the Wii Shop on the Wii U (in Wii mode) do not qualify for surveys or Coins."

There isn't a place where you can link your Club Nintendo account on the Wii Mode Wii Shop and I'm not sure if the registration carries over but I suspect not.

Also,I haven't redeemed my points and I know you don't get coins from entering points; I was asking about buying games and the subsequent surveys associated with them.

And then there is this:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sy...enu=wii_shop&submenu=wup-wiishop-ht-link-club

Which I think only applies to the original Wii and is wrongly placed in the Wii U section.

My original question was if I could do multiple transfers from the same Wii to the same Wii U to get the coins and the games without losing things over and over again on the target Wii U.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Still hope we get F-Zero X. Won't happen, eventually I'll just buy it, and then they'll give it away the next month.

Also, contrary to the OP, I think my Wii U registration survey did not expire in 7 days. I linked it a week ago on Friday and just completed the survey (though it was hard to find—it was at the end of my queued surveys) yesterday, 8 days later.

I registered my WiiU back in December and I still haven't done the CN survey, and it was still at the end of my queue yesterday. Doesn't have a date on it, I'm not sure it expires at all.

Clipper

Thanks, the surveys for certain products did extend a short while ago and my Wii U is Aussie, so I wasn't able to check the length myself. I'm guessing you didn't take down the actual date listed for expiration?

Does anyone else still have a pending Wii U registration? It would be nice to know how long they give you to register...

Edit: OK, just read the previous post... Thanks chaosblade. It's weird that it doesn't have a date, but being at the end of the list does put it at a long timeout period. I've updated the OP.

Edit 2: Just a sanity check... If your systems were Deluxe, did you guys also get the post play survey?

zigg

Thanks, the surveys for certain products did extend a short while ago and my Wii U is Aussie, so I wasn't able to check the length myself. I'm guessing you didn't take down the actual date listed for expiration?
I didn't see one, though that may have been a rendering artifact... I recall the text being longer than the usual.

The fact that it was there at the end suggests to me it didn't have one, since I know my 77 queued surveys are sorted by date and year...

Edit 2: Just a sanity check... If your systems were Deluxe, did you guys also get the post play survey?
I got the Basic set. Sorry!

DDayton

My "research", was from Nintendo themselves:
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/cl...cts&submenu=clubn-faq-eligible-which-products

"After you link Wii U:
All Wii U games purchased on the Nintendo eShop are automatically registered to your Club Nintendo account. See the eligible products list to see what games are available for Coins. Note: Due to certain system constraints, Club Nintendo accounts cannot be linked to the Wii Shop on the Wii U. Games downloaded through the Wii Shop on the Wii U (in Wii mode) do not qualify for surveys or Coins."

Ouch. That just plain stinks. I wasn't aware of this at all.

No CN coins for Wii Shop purchases on the Wii U... at all.

Top Bottom