• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

chrono01

I'd say go for Paper Mario: Sticker Star, even if it's $10 more than the other two titles [Art Academy and Crosswords]. Unless, of course, you're interested in those titles, which I'm guessing you aren't.

The way I see it, if you're going to purchase a game anyway, you might as well make it one you have slight interest in. I was going to wait until Sticker Star hit $20 before I purchased it [good luck, Nintendo titles usually take a long time to drop in price!], but opted to pay full-price now to own Donkey Kong Original Edition. It's more than I was originally willing to spend, but at least I'll be purchasing a game that I had intended to buy anyway later on [as opposed to the other two that I have no interest whatsoever].

I'm just waiting [patiently] for my download code. Come on Nintendo!

*checks email*

IrishNinja

I can't tell if I'm overly tired or just stupid because I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

haha, just saying since we both don't see $30 of value in the others, in my mind im saying "it's $10 more for a paper mario game", that's all. i saw the same mixed reviews you did, but if i buy some crosswords game or an art one i dont use, im gonna look at it next to DK and say "coulda been paper mario for tenner"

I got Sticker Star for Christmas and its awesome so far, I'm not sure why reactions were so negative. I think it's totally worth getting.

Thoraxes

I got Sticker Star for Christmas and its awesome so far, I'm not sure why reactions were so negative. I think it's totally worth getting.

It's honestly the mentality you went into it with. A lot of people seemed to be looking for TTYD when the game was never gonna be that.

I love SS personally.

bumpkin

It's honestly the mentality you went into it with. A lot of people seemed to be looking for TTYD when the game was never gonna be that.

I love SS personally.
See, I went into Super Paper Mario (on Wii) with similar expectations. I felt like it was neither a traditional style Mario game nor TYYD. In fact, it became the first (and only) Nintendo-made game that I've sold or traded in within 2 to 3 weeks of buying it on day one.

Having said that, I'm really digging Sticker Star -- also got it for Christmas -- and highly recommend it. As another poster said, the game is oozing with charm, it's fun, light-hearted, overall a very enjoyable game that deserves to be played.

Bii

I finally bought Donkey Kong: Original Edition for $30. Art Academy came along with it for free until I get the download code. XD

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Someone said that the SNES SimCity has been removed from the Wii VC. I'll have to check that tonight and update the spreadsheet.

IrishNinja

NoE wins again.

man, NOE stays winning

I finally bought Donkey Kong: Original Edition for $30. Art Academy came along with it for free until I get the download code. XD

heh...im buying DK OE this week and getting Mario SS for free, beat that!

Someone said that the SNES SimCity has been removed from the Wii VC. I'll have to check that tonight and update the spreadsheet.

DKC is still gone, right? this has to be the new tablet-friendly VC, right?

Sora_N

I might just cave and buy Paper Mario, just sucks because I had a preorder for $25 for it but I cancelled it due to funds lol. $15 DK + $25 PM...?

I endured my brother, and now I have enough coins for that Ball G&W. But now I´m torn between that or to get the DS collections. Decisions, decisions.

Get G&W Ball now. The DS collections have been around for a long while.

Just earned enough coins for 3D Classics Twin Bee, will redeem & download tonight. And now I won't register anything or complete surveys until 7/1/13.
Unless 3D Classics Kirby is a future 150 coin prize.

jbueno

Get G&W Ball now. The DS collections have been around for a long while.

Just earned enough coins for 3D Classics Twin Bee, will redeem & download tonight. And now I won't register anything or complete surveys until 7/1/13.
Unless 3D Classics Kirby is a future 150 coin prize.

Done. Now to save up for the eventual Super Famicom Classic Controller release.
BELIEVE

42107.png

Yes Boss!

You done good. The G&W replica is pretty precious!

I've got 1100 in my account now but I'm waiting for the Gold Nunchuck re-list next week.

jbueno

It really is the best Reward available based on what little pics I´ve seen, I did give it a lot of thought, perhaps more than I should have. It doesn´t look like NOA is going to improve the situation so I figured I might as well give in.

_woLf

I think I'm going to change my facebook language to spanish so whenever a site has a FB Like button it says "Me Gusta"

I'm still debating whether I should get the Hanafuda Cards, Game & Watch Collection 2, or Game & Watch Ball.
I'd say go for the Hanafuda Cards first, G&W 2 second. I bought the G&W Collections for less than $10 when I lived in Japan and got the G&W Ball for free as a JPN Club Nintendo Platinum award, and neither are all that great. Nice collectibles but not much else and I'm glad I never spent any coins on them. The Hanafuda cards seem like they might have a bit more replay value than the other two, though they are less interesting as a cool collectible if that's what you're looking for.

Boney

Banned
The thing is for me, I am already a pretty good drawer... I can't see myself booting up my 3DS to draw pictures/do lessons. And I never have been a crossword fan. I love the Paper Mario series but I'm afraid to shell out $40 for a game that has been getting such polarized reactions.

Bleh.

Get Style Savvy, it's amaaaaazing

bumpkin

You done good. The G&W replica is pretty precious!

I've got 1100 in my account now but I'm waiting for the Gold Nunchuck re-list next week.
Hmm? Is this confirmed or just wishful thinking? I mean I know it says it's coming back this month, but wasn't aware of a date.

Sushigod7

I'm still debating whether I should get the Hanafuda Cards, Game & Watch Collection 2, or Game & Watch Ball.

Hanafuda is my next reward just be prepared they are not playing card size. They are about half that size I know some people get caught off guard with them.

chrono01

The Hanafuda cards are such a nice reward. They have nice artwork on them [that looks old-school/authentic] and pays tribute to the history of Nintendo [they started out selling Hanafuda cards]. I'd recommend them.

Keep in-mind that I don't have the Game & Watch: Ball reward, but I'm completely satisfied with the Hanafuda cards. The Game & Watch: Ball will be my next reward, though, unless they announce the Super Famicom controller for the NA Club Nintendo.

rpmurphy

Reached Platinum, yay. Spent the coins on the last sensu fan before that goes away as well (missed out on the AC fireworks one ;-;)

Redford

aka Cabbie
My history of handhelds cards came today with my suede pouch. Perfect match, booklet fits right in. I think I'll put them up on my door when I move into my new place this summer.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fire Emblem Awakening retail version is up for Intend to Buy.

Also Unchained Blades has a 40 coin product registration survey! I was wondering how they'd handle it.

Fire Emblem Awakening retail version is up for Intend to Buy.

Also Unchained Blades has a 40 coin product registration survey! I was wondering how they'd handle it.

How long is the time period to fill out eShop surveys before they expire? Isn't it shorter than retail products? I don't want to fill out my Unchained Blades survey until 7/1/13.

Javier

Does Fire Emblem have multiplayer?
I prefer to download only retail games with high replay value.
Local multiplayer, however it has StreetPass and SpotPass were you can get extra characters and DLC for extra maps and characters.

Fire Emblem in general has great replay value, though. The games in the series are designed to be beaten numerous times, specially this one thanks to the marriage system it has.

Top Bottom