• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

they really need to roll out this WU VC already

Dear Nintendo, get this done. I have money that I wish to give you.

The risk/reward for Nintendo is so very favourable for them.
January/February drought is the perfect time for this. It doesn't collide with third parties much.

IrishNinja

right? ugh it reminds me of when PSN was a barren wasteland, and at an e3 thing tretton said they could flood it with PS1 classics but they were afraid it'd discourage other devs, so barren it stayed for a while there...i wanna say iwata said something similar with 3ds launch? i get where they're coming from, but you need content to get people on board, not the other way around.

every CN survey applicable, i remind them of this. trickle out your GB games on eshop & get on with GBA, it's been over a year already and you're picking up steam, no reason to sit on them forever. likewise, WU eshop won't see me logging in regularly until they put up some interesting reasons to do so.

Eric C

New Games, until Feb. 10th

EXfql.png

3DS
Tetris - 150 coins
Punch Out - 200 coins

Wii
Snowpack Park - 150 coins
Mario Kart 64 - 200 coins

Nice changed titles to wake up to today. Gonna be getting Punch out! for my 3DS, and Mario Kart 64 for my Wii-U. Great stuff. Already have Tetris GB, but that's a nice one to have there as well.

And Twinbee 3D has some damn good 3D. Glad I snagged that one last night.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Punch Out for 200 coins REALLY?

While I find the notion of charging the same price for a $5 and $10 game crazy, I must admit that if we were to few the coins for play value instead of price, Punch-Out!! is one of the few games worth that much.

Nairume

Banned
It, uh, looks like Nintendo isn't actually charging the club nintendo coins for the new stuff yet.

edit: Nevermind, they just subtracted everything a few minutes late.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yes punchout. I've nearly bought you at least a dozen times.

Also there is just something special about OG tetris.

donny2112

Isn't 200 coins worth more than $5? Maybe if you just don't have $5, for some reason, I guess it may be worth it?

Punch-Out! is on my list of games to eventually get after going through more of the backlog, but coins would seem to be worth more, unless you just have tons of coins that you need to burn through.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I can get codes from used Nintendo games from buddies who work at gamestop so yes, coins are worth significantly less to me than money.

Plus I've bought basically everything I want from the US Club Nintendo store as far as physical items go.

bumpkin

Hmm... Several tempting game reward choices, but I'm sitting pretty at 1000 coins right now patiently waiting for the restock of the gold 'chuk. I haven't gotten one yet, and I'd really like to get one this time around.

Yuripaw

Banned
Well at first it didn't seem like much good for me on this list either. Mario Kart 64 was fun at the time, but looking back I think it may be one of the worst of the Mario Karts...at least single player. That damn rubber band AI. Not like I'd have anyone who wants to play multiplayer now either. Tetris is tetris, but I dunno, I think now I'd rather play Tetris DS if I have one on my 3DS.

Punch-out was the only one I've picked up so far, and yeah, here I am playing it on my 3DS. Still fun, hehe.

donny2112

Tetris is tetris, but I dunno, I think now I'd rather play Tetris DS if I have one on my 3DS.

Definitely but Tetris GB is downloadable, so it gets the nod due to convenience, for me. As far as a game, Tetris DS is much better (if you don't mind the new Tetris rules), but Tetris GB is great for what it's for, i.e. on-the-go Tetris.

Alchemy

So how do we reward Club Nintendo members without this pesky "having to buy and mail them stuff" part? Oh I know, give them out digital rewards.

Hey, that worked! Now how do we use this to pull more coins out of the economy... MORE EXPENSIVE.

Thanks NOA :/

IrishNinja

damn, again not really doing anymore VC stuff until the new one drops, but while 200 coins is high, ive wanted punch-out and ive got like 900 sitting there & dont need a gold nunchuck in my life. ive got hundreds of more coins to register but there's nothing top-tier that i gotta have either, though ill prolly cave & get that 3DS pouch thing at some point.

Tetris GB makes no sense since i have the awesome DS one, but it's gotta be nostalgic as hell seeing/hearing it like that, makes it temping heh

Fox Mulder

they really need to roll out this WU VC already, its clear they want the old one to die at this point

Maybe they're waiting until E3 to announce anything further for the console. I want to buy some VC titles, especially since they removed the Donkey Kong Country series, but I have no idea what their WiiU VC plans are or even if purchases made on the Wii will carry over for potential WiiU versions of the same games. They should have made this stuff clear at launch.

They have such a rich back catalog and need to push it to my gamepad.

So I just realized that apparently I have an old Club Nintendo account tied to my Wii VC/WiiWare purchases (it has no coins currently but it has like 13 post play's pending) but I've been adding coins to my newer one which reached elite status. I could really use the 130 coins on my other account that I don't use anymore, is there any way I can call Nintendo up and have them somehow merge my accounts or something?

Frolow

Banned
I might have to pick up Tetris just for the convenience factor.

Also, did the Kid Icarus contest end yesterday or was that just the entry deadline?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So I just realized that apparently I have an old Club Nintendo account tied to my Wii VC/WiiWare purchases (it has no coins currently but it has like 13 post play's pending) but I've been adding coins to my newer one which reached elite status. I could really use the 130 coins on my other account that I don't use anymore, is there any way I can call Nintendo up and have them somehow merge my accounts or something?

You can probably add it as a Family account. See the FAQ on their site, under Account Management. http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/club/en/faq.jsp

Lizardus

While visiting U.S., I bought a 3DS XL bundled with Mario Kart 7 at Fry's (Great store, wish we had something like that in Canadaland). Am I able to register the game itself on Club Nintendo?

While visiting U.S., I bought a 3DS XL bundled with Mario Kart 7 at Fry's (Great store, wish we had something like that in Canadaland). Am I able to register the game itself on Club Nintendo?
You'll get a 50 point post play survey about a week after you register the XL AFAIK.

IrishNinja

The planet that plays superior Super Punch Out.

i can't rank one over the other; the original has mad nostalgia but the SNES one is mad underrated too. ive got lotsa love for both, ive just never met anyone who dug one and not the other! heh, to each their own.

i bought Super Punch Out when it was a reward a few months back, last VC purchase ill make till we know what's up

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Remember though unless you can hook your NES/Wii/Wii U up to a CRT or an expensive lagfree converter you'll have almost no chance to beat Punch Out.

I beat Mr. Dream once on a 2ms lag monitor after practicing for about a week. I can nearly beat tyson without looking at the screen on my old CRT back home.

3DS version doesn't have the lag.

Top Bottom