• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

So if she puts in enough codes to achieve platinum status right now, she will get the 2013 platinum reward instead? I guess on that note, I already got my reward for this year (posters) so if I start putting in codes now, my plat status would also be eligible for the 2013 perk?

You may just want to re-read the first post of this thread. Everything you need to know is in there.

goldenpp72

You may just want to re-read the first post of this thread. Everything you need to know is in there.

I did read the first post, but I wanted to clarify just in case as my first year I ended up inputting too much stuff and in an inefficient way, so someone asking for more in depth explanation when I'm not entirely positive, figured it would be better to ask to ensure the information is correct.

donny2112

Club Nintendo year runs from July 1-June 30. Earn 600 coins during that period, and you'll be Platinum status for that Club Nintendo "year" and eligible for the Platinum prize announced in the following July.

Edit:
i.e. We're currently in the middle of the 2012-2013 Club Nintendo "year."

goldenpp72

Club Nintendo year runs from July 1-June 30. Earn 600 coins during that period, and you'll be Platinum status for that Club Nintendo "year" and eligible for the Platinum prize announced in the following July.

Edit:
i.e. We're currently in the middle of the 2012-2013 Club Nintendo "year."

Thank you, I figured this was the case but can never be too careful with precious points :p

Javier

Thank you, I figured this was the case but can never be too careful with precious points :p
Also, remember you need to add 600 coins to reach Platinum, but you don't need to keep them until the CN year is over. You can add 200 coins, spend 150, then add 400 coins and it will still count as Platinum status.

i took advantage of the gamestop buy 2 get 1 free DS sale this weekend and now am regretting I didn't pickup the game card carrying case. Any idea on how long it usually takes to restock something like that? Stupid, stupid, stupid. I knew I should have ordered it when given the chance.

Sleepy

The gold nunchuck will never come back in stock right?

images

Ah, missed the bolding somehow. Saw it out of stock and assumed that would be it. Guess I'll hold my coins until then then. Thanks!

I think they will. Even though they're out of stock, they're still pictured at the bottom of the rewards page. Usually when items don't come back, they pull them completely.

Ya, I wasn't sure what the procedure was for them coming back for stuff like that. Makes sense to get rid of them completely though if it won't come back.

Bought digital Sticker Star for DK. Sticker Star is a lot harder than I was expecting.
I forget, how long does it usually take for a digitally purchased game to pop up on your CN account? I may be purchasing Art Academy soon, (like today or tomorrow) and I'd like to be eligible for DK if I can be.

Bii

Welp, I bought Art Academy. Finally DK Original will be mine.

I'll be doing the same today. Not sure if I'll get Art Academy or Crosswords as I already have physical copies of both games. I just want DK: Original Edition. :/

chrono01

Ugh, I don't really want either of the games offered, but I really want the Original DK. ~_~

I suppose Paper Mario SS is the one I would actually get some game-time out of, so I might just purchase that. We'll see.

chrono01

Well I just purchased Paper Mario: Sticker Star [mostly for the Original DK code, but the game still looks semi-enjoyable!].

One question, though. After it shows up in my Club Nintendo account, I don't need to complete the survey to be eligible for the Original DK code, right? The reason I ask is because I'm already at Platinum this year, so I'd rather save the coins for next year [if possible].

Edit - Never mind, I had no idea that Registration Survey's expired so soon after they appear. I guess I'll complete the survey anyway, it would be a shame to waste the coins.

Well I just purchased Paper Mario: Sticker Star [mostly for the Original DK code, but the game still looks semi-enjoyable!].

One question, though. After it shows up in my Club Nintendo account, I don't need to complete the survey to be eligible for the Original DK code, right? The reason I ask is because I'm already at Platinum this year, so I'd rather save the coins for next year [if possible].

I don't know. I did mine just in case.

Purchase and register an eligible title from the Nintendo eShop by 1/6/13.

chrono01

I don't know. I did mine just in case.

Thanks. I just completed the Survey. I might as well, I've come this far!

I did notice that the "advertisement" regarding the Donkey Kong: Original Edition disappeared after I purchased/registered the product, so I guess that's a good sign. >:)

I'm a total idiot, I thought this was the all encompassing thread for stupid European folk like me.

Sorry for raising people's hopes, one day it will appear.

I'm really torn about the DK Original Edition...I really was going to pass on Sticker Star (especially at $40) but it would be really nice to have that DK. What is so special about this version compared to the others? How many levels are there?

Is Art Academy really fun? Is it just basically a drawing utility like MS paint on your DS but with more tools and a touchscreen?

And what are the chances of the DS card case coming back in stock? Does it happen often or when it sells out it's usually sold out for good? The Gold wiimote mentions it will be returning but it doesn't say anything like that for the card case.

donny2112

Is Art Academy really fun? Is it just basically a drawing utility like MS paint on your DS but with more tools and a touchscreen?

I've only played the first half via DSiWare, but it's great, if you want to learn how to draw. It has several lessons taking you through both how to draw and how to use the various tools in the "game." The full DS game was a combination of the two DSiWare games, and the 3DS game is supposed to be a pumped up version of the DS game. Therefore, it should be very good for both tools and teaching you how to draw. Way more than an MS Paint on your 3DS. :)

Javier

Can anyone explain to me what is so unique about the new Donkey Kong edition?
It has the "Pie Factory" stage that was missing from the original NES release. Basically it's the original Arcade version.

I'm torn between Art Academy or Crosswords Plus. I want that original DK too.

It has the "Pie Factory" stage that was missing from the original NES release. Basically it's the original Arcade version.

I'm torn between Art Academy or Crosswords Plus. I want that original DK too.

The thing is for me, I am already a pretty good drawer... I can't see myself booting up my 3DS to draw pictures/do lessons. And I never have been a crossword fan. I love the Paper Mario series but I'm afraid to shell out $40 for a game that has been getting such polarized reactions.

Bleh.

eggwolio

Crosswords is cool, but it's not $30 cool. I purchased it with holiday money because it was easier to justify that purchase to myself than spending money I actually earned. That said, I was grateful to get a gift card so I could score free DK instead of being gifted the physical copy.

I'm not sure how they can justify the price, though. it's not a huge departure from the first game, which I thought was alright, but still drastically inferior to NYTimes Crosswords. I wish Ninty would've gone that direction with this one.

Sorry to derail the thread with a mini-review. In conclusion, yay for free DK! And boo to missing the resurgence of the game case. Hopefully it will return again soon.

Top Bottom