• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Got to the second go around and got blasted in the third stage of that. Still, I'm not as terrible at DK as I remember. It's nice to see the pie factory level restored after all these years.

Spike

Q4TyN.png

That's the label featured in the club nintendo preview video, there's also one of him just standing. I really hate "get a random thing" type situations, as I always end up getting the thing I would have least preferred. Again, it's the epitome of a first world problem but it still bugs me knowing I could have had him jumping instead of walking.

I guess I lucked out because I got the jumping one.

Q4TyN.png

That's the label featured in the club nintendo preview video, there's also one of him just standing. I really hate "get a random thing" type situations, as I always end up getting the thing I would have least preferred. Again, it's the epitome of a first world problem but it still bugs me knowing I could have had him jumping instead of walking.

Mind blown. My blue pouch has Mario standing triumphantly.

donny2112

Brain Age: Concentration Training Retail ITB is up. Don't see any digital ITBs for it or FE, though. Hope those are still coming ...

Roto13

Brain Age is exactly why downloadable games are a good idea. It'd be hilarious if it didn't get an eShop release. (I know it will.)

Watch it be $30 so I skip it anyway.

Roto13

i'm pretty sure it's $30. that's what it's listed for at several retailers.

Surprise.

Brain Age and Crosswords Plus are games I'm only willing to pay $20 or less for, just like their DS prequels. They're also games I'm only willing to buy as downloads because they're not the type of games I want occupying my game card slot. So it looks like I won't be buying either of them.

Surprise.

Brain Age and Crosswords Plus are games I'm only willing to pay $20 or less for, just like their DS prequels. They're also games I'm only willing to buy as downloads because they're not the type of games I want occupying my game card slot. So it looks like I won't be buying either of them.

I'm in the exact same boat, but I might cave for Brain Age...hopefully it has a ton of content.

zroid

Banned
Yeah I don't know about 30 bucks. Too bad it doesn't qualify for the DK promotion, that probably would have been enough for me.

so to be honest, I barely used Club Nintendo in the past...that was until last month when I decide to register my 3DSXL, then I decided to register all eligible codes (from games I've bought from the past couple of years) and do all pending surveys...which came to about 700 coins at around the end of the month.

Fast forward to today where I found I was given more post game surveys, having done them I reached a total of 900 coins even. This puts me in a position to buy the gold nunchuk, but I'm wondering I should go ahead and redeem them or should I hold out for something else. Keep in mind I never got the Skyward Sword wii remote, so I would never have that sweet combo.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Got my reversible pouch in today (blue)... of course I got the one Mario label design that I didn't want out of the three (Mario walking).

Not really expecting any luck here, but would anyone who has a blue with Mario either standing or jumping be willing to trade me for my pouch with Mario walking? I know it isn't a big deal, I just really would have preferred one of the other Mario designs (of course I get screwed on a 2/3 chance...)

Didn't even realize there were different designs. My blue one has him walking and my red one has him standing.

Need one of either color with him jumping and I can reverse one so it's gray. No way I'd get it if I ordered another one. Have to spend 340 this CN year. Might just get another one and see how it goes.

bumpkin

Got my reversible pouch in today (blue)... of course I got the one Mario label design that I didn't want out of the three (Mario walking).

Not really expecting any luck here, but would anyone who has a blue with Mario either standing or jumping be willing to trade me for my pouch with Mario walking? I know it isn't a big deal, I just really would have preferred one of the other Mario designs (of course I get screwed on a 2/3 chance...)
I have a blue one at home that I'm not using, though I have no idea off-hand which pose Mario is in. I'll take look and let you know if he's standing or jumping. Got a pic of the walking one?

EDIT: Just checked and my blue pouch has Mario jumping. The red one I have that I'm currently using for my red 3DS XL has Mario walking.

Lizardus

While visiting U.S., I bought a 3DS XL bundled with Mario Kart 7 at Fry's (Great store, wish we had something like that in Canadaland). Am I able to register the game itself on Club Nintendo?

I sent in an email and here's what I received:

Hello Lizardus,

Thanks for contacting us with your registration issue. While the Nintendo 3DS XL can be registered in your Club Nintendo account, the software that was pre-loaded as part of that bundle cannot be registered and is not eligible for surveys or Coins.

I know this isn’t what you were hoping for, but I will be sure to document your comments and make them available to other departments here at Nintendo to use as they see fit.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Todd Bridges

Ah well

d_escudero

Neo Member
When I bought my DSi with 5 mario apps preloaded, I send a mail to Nintendo for add it to my club nintendo account, in the first mail they say that they didn't have a registration that I have the games or something like that, I send them photos of my console and the preloaded games (kinda ridiculous when i think now)... and they added them, with the surveys. But that was 2009-10

Esiquio

I have a free Club Nintendo Japan code I'd like to give away. Do we have GAFfers here that live in Japan and would be able to actually use it?

Sorry if it's been asked, but does the Reversible Pouch fit the 3DS XL? Also I thought I read somewhere that he Mario logo on the red one was gold. Would that make it preferable over the blue one?

zroid

Banned
Well gloves are supposed to have a snug fit :p

But yeah, perhaps it's not so much snug as it takes up most of the width of the pouch. It still slides in and out easily.

bumpkin

Well gloves are supposed to have a snug fit :p

But yeah, perhaps it's not so much snug as it takes up most of the width of the pouch. It still slides in and out easily.
Agreed. :)

It's definitely a much better fit than the original 3DS was in it.

900 points to spend and nothing is really all that interesting. I guess I'll just sit and wait. Or, I get to 1200 and get the game and watch.

Sushigod7

900 points to spend and nothing is really all that interesting. I guess I'll just sit and wait. Or, I get to 1200 and get the game and watch.

Hanafuda's? I'm waiting to register anymore codes till next July already hit Platnium for 2013. Hope those cards are up next summer!

eggwolio

yes, but it's a snug fit

I got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 tablet for Christmas from my parents and now it's stolen the pouch from my 3DS(no xl yet, unfortunately). It fits perfectly, with no wiggle room. Gonna have to do some surveys and order another.

Grym

New reward

Yoshi Cleaning Cloth
400 coins

Mario’s green friend usually loves cleaning up anything he can get his tongue on. Now he can help you keep your consoles, computer, and tablets shiny and smudge-free with this high quality cleaning cloth. Show your Nintendo fandom wherever you go with this super soft and easily portable gadget accessory.

Polyester Material
Dimensions approximately 6x6 inches
Limited quantity available

yoshi_cleaning_cloth_big_1.jpg

yoshi_cleaning_cloth_big_2.jpg

yoshi_cleaning_cloth_big_3.jpg

Top Bottom