• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

zigg

In case it's useful as a data point, I won Mighty Switch Force HD for Wii U last night, and after redeeming the code, I got a 20 coin reg survey expiring in what appears to be 30 days.

gar3

Hi all - I have a simple question and I apologize if it has already been talked about to death. I have my own Club Nintendo account with all my systems registered to it. I just bought my daughter (8) her own pearl pink 3DS. Should I go ahead and create her own Club Nintendo membership or should I "add" her to mine? What's the best approach here? Is there any benefit to having her and her system(s) (and subsequently my other three children at some point in time as well) attached to my own Club Nintendo account? What do you think?

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Hi all - I have a simple question and I apologize if it has already been talked about to death. I have my own Club Nintendo account with all my systems registered to it. I just bought my daughter (8) her own pearl pink 3DS. Should I go ahead and create her own Club Nintendo membership or should I "add" her to mine? What's the best approach here? Is there any benefit to having her and her system(s) (and subsequently my other three children at some point in time as well) attached to my own Club Nintendo account? What do you think?

Well, it depends on how many titles you think you'd purchase over the year...

• Child Account - you can turn your CN account into a family account, then create a Child/Sub account for her. This will allow you to register multiple copies of the same title (one per account), with all coins being collected in one total under your main account. This would be handy if you'd be unlikely to earn a gold/platinum prize on your own.
  • New Account - Setting her unit up as an entirely new account means that it has its own CN surveys/codes/coins. It also means it could earn a Gold/Platinum prize on its own.

If you generally earn between 300-600 CN coins per year, I'd just do a family account... however, if you think you'd be able to generate 600 to 1200 coins, you might consider setting her up with an independent account and getting Gold/Platinum on both. This would net you two special annual prizes.

donny2112

As another point since there may be download games for her, you may want to put her in as a 13-year old. If they're under 13 years old, digital purchases may not be able to go through for coins. There may be a form or something to send in to bypass that age restriction, but I don't recall. You can have lots of sub-accounts, though, so you can set her up as an 8-year old, and if it won't let you get coins through digital purchases, just setup another 13-year old account and link her 3DS to that instead.

gar3

Thanks for the replies. I do plan to download Dress to Play: Cute Witches for her. Also, I tend to buy all new hardware and first-party titles throughout the year for myself so reaching gold/platinum is never an issue for me.

I'll go ahead and set her up with her own account as 13 or older. Thanks again, guys!

DonMigs85

Thanks for the replies. I do plan to download Dress to Play: Cute Witches for her. Also, I tend to buy all new hardware and first-party titles throughout the year for myself so reaching gold/platinum is never an issue for me.

I'll go ahead and set her up with her own account as 13 or older. Thanks again, guys!

Ooh, get her Style Savvy: Trendsetters as well!

Will the gold nunchuck ever be worth a significant amount of money? (i can't see myself displaying it.... maybe i'll just play games with it - but i don't have a gold mote.)

Bii

How are all of you guys using your gold nunchucks?

Are you keeping them pristine as a collectable or are you using them to play games?

I have one that I'm playing with and the other is still in its original packaging box Nintendo had sent it in. I had to use one of the nunchuks since I didn't have enough for Nintendo Land multiplayer during the first week of Wii U's launch.

Sushigod7

Will the gold nunchuck ever be worth a significant amount of money? (i can't see myself displaying it.... maybe i'll just play games with it - but i don't have a gold mote.)

I sold mine for a little more than 60 when I got it realized not really going to use it and I could careless what color my wii mote or attachments are I don't look at them while playing. Put the money toward Ni No Kuni. If you hold off for awhile till it's completely gone it will probably be worth more.

Boney

Banned
Ooh, get her Style Savvy: Trendsetters as well!

I can vouch for Style Savvy.

It's incredible!!

Even my brother, his wife and my uncle were competely hooked dressing people up going to the hairstylist for a new look and managing the store's stock.

Price might seem a bit steep because it's a fashion game lol but it's incredibly full featured, lots of stuff to do and high level of polish

look how happy I made her!

ibqU9CXahNvCNC.JPG

Javier

If she likes Farming/Simulation games with cute character designs, she might enjoy Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning. Like Style Savvy, it's available as both retail and download.

Keropon

Great, I got my Club Nintendo account deactivated thanks to asking about the shipping on two orders: My Gold Nunchuck and the Platinum 2012 Reward.

Great. I hate not living in the US. Now I've lost all my coins and stuff. And the items still haven't arrived to my P.O. Box.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Great, I got my Club Nintendo account deactivated thanks to asking about the shipping on two orders: My Gold Nunchuck and the Platinum 2012 Reward.

Great. I hate not living in the US. Now I've lost all my coins and stuff. And the items still haven't arrived to my P.O. Box.

Fear not. When they had to re-ship one of my reward items after a fuck up by Canada Post, they 'disabled' my Club Nintendo account, until they could verify the address. I did through e-mail only and after the item shipped out, they reactivated it. They simply don't want you ordering more items to an address that could be 'wrong'.

I live in Chile, and as the address I've been sending my stuff isn't a home address, and I don't live in the US, they disabled my account for good.
I even called the Nintendo Consumer Service and stuff =(

edit: Ah, that sucks. I was hoping it was just a temporary deactivation for you like they did to my account. Sorry. :(

Roto13

Where *do* you live? Because if you have a North American account and you don't live in North America, they'll disable it permanently. But, as EvilMario says, if you live in Canada or the US, you'll be alright.

Keropon

Fear not. When they had to re-ship one of my reward items after a fuck up by Canada Post, they 'disabled' my Club Nintendo account, until they could verify the address. I did through e-mail only and after the item shipped out, they reactivated it. They simply don't want you ordering more items to an address that could be 'wrong'.

I live in Chile, and as the address I've been sending my stuff isn't a home address, and I don't live in the US, they disabled my account for good.

Roto13

Yup. Same thing happened to Clipper.

Clipper

I do know how it feels, Keropon. It took me a while to get over the frustration. I hope your nunchuck is just delayed, as that would hopefully ease the pain a little.

It really sucks that they are forced to do it, but I understand they have to do so legally. I hope you didn't lose much of your unspent coins as well. That was the hardest thing about when it happened to me. I had fortunately just spent a bunch of them a month or two beforehand, but I had a lot of unfinished surveys that could have easily scored me some other rewards if I knew there was a chance it would be locked entirely.

I was lucky that I had another Aussie friend who was willing to donate codes, so I still managed to qualify for Platinum for the year on a new account. I hope you can do the same if you find a different address to use...

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I paid 30 cents for the game...

2 DDP points seems odd, though -- it really should be 3, given that it sells for 30 cents.

Now I'm just waiting to see if it's eligible for Club Nintendo coins...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Wait... There's Wii U VC stuff up on the eShop now? How did I miss this?

Only Balloon Fight, with a new title to celebrate the Famicom's 30th anniversary, every month. All the games will be offered at 30c. Press release is in the Downloads thread, I'm pretty sure.

donny2112

No, and I keep checking for it. :(

Does anyone think that the Famicom 30-year anniversary $0.30 sale is Nintendo's way of trying to sneak in an Ambassador-type bonus without actually doing an Ambassador event, since doing so would set a very bad pattern in place?

No, and I keep checking for it. :(

Does anyone think that the Famicom 30-year anniversary $0.30 sale is Nintendo's way of trying to sneak in an Ambassador-type bonus without actually doing an Ambassador event, since doing so would set a very bad pattern in place?
It does seem that way, doesn't it?

DavidDayton, are you still tracking CN Coin vs. real dollar values? How much are these 30¢ games gonna mess up the formula? LOL

trixx

They took out the gold wii nunchuck, fantastic.

Just when i get a wii u and need 30 points more, and yes i have the wii remote >.>.

I just received a bonus survey that was worth 10 pts and expires on 1/27/2013. The survey was a WiiU satisfaction survey. It was 50-60ish questions. The funny part was that there were like three questions that asked why I had not purchased more Wii U games. I guess the attach rate must be as low as rumored.

Fox Mulder

I just received a bonus survey that was worth 10 pts and expires on 1/27/2013. The survey was a WiiU satisfaction survey. It was 50-60ish questions. The funny part was that there were like three questions that asked why I had not purchased more Wii U games. I guess the attach rate must be as low as rumored.

There's not even another game I even want right now. I got NSMBU just cause, but I'm not really a fan of rougelike games so ZombiU is low on my list. The Sega kart racing game is interesting, but I'd rather play a Mario Kart or Diddy Kong Racing.

Only a month until Rayman Legends...but I've bought like 9 Wii games recently.

zigg

Yup, got this too. I'm too busy playing just Nintendo Land on it to consider other games at this point!

BooJoh

I didn't get the survey, but I've bought 3 retail games (not counting Nintendo Land which came w/ my system) and 3 digital games (including Balloon Fight) so maybe they're sending them specifically to people with only a game or two.

JosiahB

Just got the survey too.

Top Bottom