• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
What, 400 coins?

I thought it'd be like 200.

I have 845 coins but I'm not getting that for 400.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
400 coins is insane. The terrycloth towels, which are very nice are 50 coins less even. I would sooner buy the reversible pouch (also very nice) and use it to clean my screen.

JosiahB

I would get that. If it were 50-100 coins, and if I didn't already have this. (Seriously, I can't imagine those cost Nintendo more than a few pennies to make.)

PaulSancheezzee

Neo Member
So I registered Paper Mario after christmas but haven't received any notifications regarding a code for the Donkey Kong dl. Anyone else on the same boat?

Digital rewards are best rewards.

I'm looking at you Doc Louis's Punch-Out
Twinbee 3D
Super Mario Kart
Majora's Mask
Not Grill-Off with Ultra Hand! That game sucks.

400 coins is insane. The terrycloth towels, which are very nice are 50 coins less even. I would sooner buy the reversible pouch (also very nice) and use it to clean my screen.
The way Nintendo prices some of these rewards in inexplicable. Only 250 coins for the pouches and the awesome card case, but 400 for a cleaning cloth? So weird.

donny2112

They fixed the picture on the download version of FE, now, but no Brain Age DL version, yet. Took 8 days for FE DL version to come up, so maybe Friday for that one.

Out of curiosity, is anyone here STILL waiting for the Club Nintendo Platinum prize in the mail? I'm pretty much chalking it up to stolen at this point.

frequency

Out of curiosity, is anyone here STILL waiting for the Club Nintendo Platinum prize in the mail? I'm pretty much chalking it up to stolen at this point.

My one and a gold nunchuk order never came. I contacted Nintendo and they made new orders for me of them.

zigg

yoshi_cleaning_cloth_big_2.jpg
If it could fix 3DS top screen scratches, I'd be all over it. :lol

Davey Cakes

And I thought the values of some of the downloadable games were shaky.

When you think about it, you can get basically two games for the price of that cloth.

lol amazing.

The terrycloth towels, about 10x10 inches, is 350 coins. While this 6x6 cleaning cloth is 400 coins.

WTF Nintendo. Your currency makes no sense and your rewards kinda stink. =\

Fox Mulder

everything is insane.

I registered a WiiU, a Wii, and like 8 games, and only have 540 coins. Feels like collecting 1000 kool aid packets for a pencil back in the day.

Sushigod7

Saw the thread bump interested, saw the yoshi cloth excited, then saw the point value. Seriously NOA wtf are you doing? I'll get a Metroid Other M screen saver before I waste 400 points on that.

Davey Cakes

Maybe Nintendo is testing the CN members to see what they're willing to spend coins on.

So far it seems like cleaning cloth-type rewards only do okay, but rewards like the gold nunchuk, even at a hefty 900 coins, sell right out.

I'd say they should go for putting more substantial rewards up. I'm not trying to be greedy, since downloadable games are really cool, but better rewards make the program more appealing.

Harlock

Get the original Tetris for GameBoy. The Tetris company has the habit of removing old games and you do not know until when will be available.

zigg

Get the original Tetris for GameBoy. The Tetris company has the habit of removing old games and you do not know until when will be available.
Actually, I'm kind of curious—could that particular one have been grandfathered in to the terms made available to Nintendo when it was originally released?

Maybe I missed something, but it seems the Tetris games that keep getting pulled are modern versions.

donny2112

I'm considering it for nostalgias sake. Am I crazy or does that version not remember high scores though?

That's the beauty of the downloadable version! The original game lost the high scores whenever you turned it off. However, the downloadable version doesn't ever have to turn off! It has all my high scores from the first time I played it after purchasing it still there. That was a sad part of the original awesome game that is now corrected due to it being in digital form!

(I really like that it doesn't lose your high scores now, in case you can't tell.)

Davey Cakes

Oh wow, I wish I'd thought of that. Was wondering why the game kept losing its high scores. I think I hit my all time high recently (only 52,000 or so, but still good for me), but couldn't save it. ;_;

donny2112

Oh wow, I wish I'd thought of that. Was wondering why the game kept losing its high scores. I think I hit my all time high recently (only 52,000 or so, but still good for me), but couldn't save it. ;_;

I always hit the Home menu to exit out. It keeps my place and scores just fine. Do you reset the software or something?

I've decided, the next reward I get will be the pencil cases.
Want a cool carrying case for my micron pens and other comic pens.

Does anyone here have one of them? how many will it hold comfortably?

zigg

I mean, even if you want to turn the system off, it's better to go to the Home Menu first instead of force-shutting it while a game is running.
Depends on the game, really. And a short off (to the dark grey screen, but no further) does leave you in sleep mode. I do that a lot because it's faster than closing the software I'm done with. Very few games seem to have a shutdown save—VC games are a notable exception.

Top Bottom