• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

I just received a bonus survey that was worth 10 pts and expires on 1/27/2013. The survey was a WiiU satisfaction survey. It was 50-60ish questions. The funny part was that there were like three questions that asked why I had not purchased more Wii U games. I guess the attach rate must be as low as rumored.

I didn't get it.

Nintendo! I want to give you advice! What the hell?

zigg

I didn't get the survey, but I've bought 3 retail games (not counting Nintendo Land which came w/ my system) and 3 digital games (including Balloon Fight) so maybe they're sending them specifically to people with only a game or two.
Let this be a lesson to you. Do not purchase Nintendo products.

Nintendo! I want to give you advice! What the hell?
This may be why ;-)

I like to amuse myself imagining a marketing guy scratching his head over why someone bought a white U and Nintendo Land. (it's because NL was free)

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I got 3 ddp points?

I was fairly sure that SOMETHING said they'd be worth 2 ddp, but they are yielding 3...

are you still tracking CN Coin vs. real dollar values? How much are these 30¢ games gonna mess up the formula? LOL

The "coin value" has always been an extremely loose approximation, due to the fact that video games generally drop in price. The spreadsheet still tracks them, but they've always been vaguely "inflated" as they are based on launch MSRP. Only eShop titles are generally "set".

I forgot to look up the value before adding in Balloon Fight, but 3 coins out of 29,135 aren't enough to change much of anything. Value is currently between 66 and 73 cents per coin, which means these Trial Campaign games are worth six to seven times more than your typical purchase. Granted, buying ALL of them would only yield 60 coins, but...

DDayton

About this Bonus Survey...

1) What, exactly, is its name? Check your Activity Log/Coin Log as well.
2) What is the URL you're getting for the survey itself?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's weird but they tend to send the bonus surveys to more infrequent users of Club Nintendo, though I'm sure its just random.

DDayton

This is interesting -- I got an e-mail from a guy who registered a 25th Anniversary Red Wii Bundle (Wii Sports + New Super Mario Bros.) last month, and it gave him 160 coins.

zigg

It's weird but they tend to send the bonus surveys to more infrequent users of Club Nintendo, though I'm sure its just random.
It's gotta be random. My daughter and I were both very recently filling out tons of surveys so we could score the Gold Nunchuk.

BooJoh

I was fairly sure that SOMETHING said they'd be worth 2 ddp, but they are yielding 3...

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/downloads/virtual-console/ says 2, but everyone seems to be getting 3 anyway.

It also says, in regards to Wii -> Wii U upgrades:
* Games purchased at the special reduced price are worth 9 points per NES title and 14 points per SNES title in the Deluxe Digital Program. Point value subject to change.
But I wouldn't be surprised to see them giving 10 and 15 respectively simply based on the pricing. Maybe NOA originally planned to set the prices at $0.29, $0.99, and $1.49 in keeping with our indescribable need to trim one penny off to make goods appear cheaper in this country.

iphys

From their terms: "Points are only earned on purchases over 10 cents and at 10 cent increments (USA & Canada)." So I think it's right we got 3 for Balloon Fight, and they'll probably give 10/15 rather than 9/14 for the VC upgrades. They probably just automatically rounded down by 1 by mistake, forgetting these things aren't priced at $*.*9.

I received the bonus survey too. Here's a photo of the email:

dce4e19c16e6e5e08bf99f7d3b486810.jpg

I can't seem to get rid of a "Pokémon Black Version 2" product registration survey (expires Oct 7) in my list of surveys. It's been there since last year.

I don't have the game, nor have I ever intended to get it. Anyone else have an oddity like this?

Nintendo knows I'm OCD and is gonna make me buy it just to get rid of the survey? LOL!

Eric C

About this Bonus Survey...

1) What, exactly, is its name? Check your Activity Log/Coin Log as well.
2) What is the URL you're getting for the survey itself?

It's just listed as "Bonus Survey" in my Activity Log
ujHFRsy.png

Here's what the first page of the survey looked like
qU3Sywt.png

They wanted to know why I bought the Wii U.
What I liked about it, what I didn't

They wanted to know what games I was planning to buy in the future.

Then they asked about all the Wii U features, Miiverse, Youtube app, Netflix App, Hulu App, Eshop, the WebBrowser, TVii, and anything else I might be forgetting.

They basically wanted to know what I thought about every single feature of the Wii U.

donny2112

An Intend-to-buy survey was filled out under your account, so the game will stay there (annoying your OCD) until you either register the game or 4/5 years pass. I have a few like that, too. Just ignore them (if you can). :)

fernoca

Got the survey too.
Wanted to actually spend time with it and write actual repsonses; but turned out to be longer than expected and I was on my break; so..half the questions went like [x]Satisfied, [x]Neutral, Write here: [N/A]

:p

Deluxe Wii U since December 16, 5 retail games (including Nintendoland), 4 digital games (Trine 2, Mighty Switch Forece, Nano Assault, Little inferno) and Balloon Trip.

Clipper

It turns out I got a different survey (also 10 coins expiring Jan 27) aimed at people who did not get a Wii U. My Wii U is from Australia, so I likely won't ever be registering a system on the account. Now I have to be careful filling it out so that I don't give away that I'm not in the US...

Edit: Figured out that I'd go with the story that I have access to a Wii U through somebody else and hence do not need my own system...

I can't seem to get rid of a "Pokémon Black Version 2" product registration survey (expires Oct 7) in my list of surveys. It's been there since last year.

I don't have the game, nor have I ever intended to get it. Anyone else have an oddity like this?

Nintendo knows I'm OCD and is gonna make me buy it just to get rid of the survey? LOL!

An Intend-to-buy survey was filled out under your account, so the game will stay there (annoying your OCD) until you either register the game or 4/5 years pass. I have a few like that, too. Just ignore them (if you can). :)
Yeah, either the ItB survey was filled in, or you clicked on the link to see the ItB survey. Even if you didn't fill in the survey, it will remain in the list until you buy the game or the registration period ends (5 years after release).

Hero

Just took the survey myself, pretty lengthy.

Basically asked me about everything about the Wii U and how I felt.

However a few things stuck out to me.

They asked which model I selected and asked why I chose the premium and listed several options. I think this is imminently foreboding the fact that the Basic Wii U SKU was a mistake and that it will be phased out in favor of a bundle that offers more like the Premium.

Bayonetta 2 was listed as an upcoming game and of course I check marked the hell out of that box.

I also put in that we need a universal Nintendo account system so we don't have to have our eShop purchases tied to the console and the Virtual Console titles should be across all platforms like iOS.

I got the free survey as well earlier today. Didn't take too long. Five minutes or so total I'd say. Not bad for 10 coins. I wish they did this more often.

Davey Cakes

I didn't get the survey, unfortunately. Too bad, I'm usually thorough with surveys.

Hopefully people put effort into filling the thing out. Could be very helpful in letting Nintendo know what their customer base thinks of the system, and giving ideas for improvement.

Goddamnit! I just spent 15 minutes filling out the survey and giving all the feedback I could and I get an error saying the survey was unsuccessful.... All this just for 10 coins and I don't even get them!!!

I just received a bonus survey that was worth 10 pts and expires on 1/27/2013. The survey was a WiiU satisfaction survey. It was 50-60ish questions. The funny part was that there were like three questions that asked why I had not purchased more Wii U games. I guess the attach rate must be as low as rumored.
I would have said because my wallet can only take so much abuse. I always found that funny about Nintendo/a few other companies, why haven't you bought all of our products? Because my income says no.

donny2112

Tomorrow is the last day for the FE Intend-to-buy survey.

With this being the last week for the Brain Age 3D ITB survey, are they just foregoing a digital ITB, then? May have to write an email to see what's up ...

Edit:
Email sent.

Etzer

I didn't get a survey. In fact, now that I checked, I realize I didn't receive any Club Nintendo points for my Wii U. :(

fernoca

1 different hardware per user, for example... 1 Wii U, 1 3DS and 1 3DS XL

But you can create a familiy account and register several consoles with different users.

I've never understood that limit. I've read about it through the years and not get it. But I'm dumb, so who knows. :p

I mean, I registered a dark blue DSi I got a few days ago, and got 100 coins even when it's the third DSi under the same account.

Apr 5, 2009 - Coins Added - Nintendo DSi - 160
Jul 1, 2009 - Coins Added - Nintendo DSi - 160
Jan 24, 2013 - Coins Added - Nintendo DSi - 100

Unless is "unique" hardware. I mean, those have been DSi I've had through the years for different reasons and each were different colors too (light blue, black and dark blue).

Kinda explains the multiple Wiis I've registered (red, Mario Kart bundle, etc.) of which I've earned coins for each too.

I've never understood that limit. I've read about it through the years and not get it. But I'm dumb, so who knows. :p

I mean, I registered a dark blue DSi I got a few days ago, and got 100 coins even when it's the third DSi under the same account.

Apr 5, 2009 - Coins Added - Nintendo DSi - 160
Jul 1, 2009 - Coins Added - Nintendo DSi - 160
Jan 24, 2013 - Coins Added - Nintendo DSi - 100

Unless is "unique" hardware. I mean, those have been DSi I've had through the years for different reasons and each were different colors too (light blue, black and dark blue).

Kinda explains the multiple Wiis I've registered (red, Mario Kart bundle, etc.) of which I've earned coins for each too.
Weird :p I registered 2 different DSi and got no coins from the second one :(

jgkspsx

So... If I bought a WiiU, can I hold off on registering until the new year, but still get online with it and get the VC games?

donny2112

So... If I bought a WiiU, can I hold off on registering until the new year, but still get online with it and get the VC games?

If you link it with your CN account, you'll get the coins for it this year and get coins for the VC games. If you do not link it with your CN account, you can get the VC games, and maybe get Nintendo to back fit the coins for the games for you once you link in the next CN year.

So not simply, but it may be possible if you want to chance Nintendo back-filling your coins once you do link the system to your CN account.

I connected my WiiU to the internet and to Club Nintendo, but haven't done the registration worth coins, and I am getting coins for my digital purchases.

donny2112

Noticed the 2012 copyright date on the Brain Age 3D demo. Am wondering if maybe they delayed it from December to February just to move it out of the range of eligible titles to download for the Donkey Kong code. Brain Age is probably going to be their most heavy download % game to date, so maybe they wanted the DK code to go to those who bought one of the less download heavy games instead?

Probably not, but it just crossed my mind, since they hadn't changed the copyright date on the demo game. Usually U.S. releases of Japanese previous year games have both copyright dates on them.

iphys

But your registration survey is going to expire, no?

I just recently linked my Wii U, and the registration survey showed up to the far right of all my intend-to-buy games with no expiry date, so I assume that means it won't expire in 7 days.

donny2112

With this being the last week for the Brain Age 3D ITB survey, are they just foregoing a digital ITB, then? May have to write an email to see what's up ...

Edit:
Email sent.

So there doesn't seem to be a downloadable version of Brain Age: Concentration Training coming in the U.S. *mind boggles*

Hello Donny,

Thank you for writing. I can certainly understand your concerns. First, I want to let you know that the Intend-To-Buy survey for Brain Age: Concentration Training is only for the retail version. Also, at this time we don't have any information regarding this game being downloadable from the Nintendo eShop, and as such we don't have an Intend-To-Buy survey for this format.

Of course, new products are often announced. Be sure to keep an eye on our website's "What's New" section (www.nintendo.com/whatsnew) for the latest Nintendo news and announcements.

Sincerely,

Alex Schuster
Nintendo of America Inc.

zroid

Banned
There's no way that can be right. WTF?

What does it say on its eShop info page?

EDIT: I checked, it definitely says "Nintendo 3DS Retail/Download"

Top Bottom