• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Futureman

I could have sworn there wasn't a Club Nintendo code with my Wii U? Is there not one, and they just have you enter the system's serial number?

Bought my system about 2 weeks ago and forgot to set this up, I'll get on it tonight.

zroid

Banned
I could have sworn there wasn't a Club Nintendo code with my Wii U? Is there not one, and they just have you enter the system's serial number?

Bought my system about 2 weeks ago and forgot to set this up, I'll get on it tonight.

Nope, Wii U registers itself automatically when you link your Club N account. No entering of codes required; you just fill out the survey which appears. Of course, it kind of forces you do register it immediately, which was a bummer for me. :p

jgkspsx

Or does it? Some people have held onto the survey for a month...
(I really want to know if I can buy a WiiU this month and not do the survey until July, in case you haven't noticed.)

jgkspsx

Nintendo rep says that WiiU product registration survey expires 7 days after linking it to a Club Nintendo account. Y'all are saying she's wrong, correct?

Nintendo rep says that WiiU product registration survey expires 7 days after linking it to a Club Nintendo account. Y'all are saying she's wrong, correct?
Let me put it this way, I got my WiiU on Jan 29th and it's now Feb 6th and the survey is still there. Maybe she has outdated info or something. (Or I'll wake up tomorrow with it gone, who knows.)

eggwolio

At the bottom of the club Nintendo site, it keeps reminding me that I can get thirty coins for registering "Classic Games Overload." Googling this title returns very little information about it. Is this some sort of sequel to Clubhouse games or just some third party crap that happens to have points inside? If it's the former, I'm all over it. If the latter, then I'm definitely a little bummed.

At the bottom of the club Nintendo site, it keeps reminding me that I can get thirty coins for registering "Classic Games Overload." Googling this title returns very little information about it. Is this some sort of sequel to Clubhouse games or just some third party crap that happens to have points inside? If it's the former, I'm all over it. If the latter, then I'm definitely a little bummed.

http://www.telegames.com/3ds-cgo_cp.htm

I'm pretty sure CN is referring to the eShop version.

Let me put it this way, I got my WiiU on Jan 29th and it's now Feb 6th and the survey is still there. Maybe she has outdated info or something. (Or I'll wake up tomorrow with it gone, who knows.)

Yeah, she's definitely wrong. I've had the survey up for over a month now.

donny2112

(For what it's worth, their Ultimate * Games series was great on the GBC and acceptable on DS.)

Ultimate Card Games was great on GBA. The DS game was essentially a port of the GBA game. If they'd have had it on DSiWare, probably would've gotten it. Classic Games Overload is essentially a merging of the Ultimate Card Games and some other Ultimate * Games into one on 3DS. Not bad, but not sure it'd be worth $30, and it would work best as a download.

jgkspsx

Ultimate Card Games was great on GBA. The DS game was essentially a port of the GBA game. If they'd have had it on DSiWare, probably would've gotten it. Classic Games Overload is essentially a merging of the Ultimate Card Games and some other Ultimate * Games into one on 3DS. Not bad, but not sure it'd be worth $30, and it would work best as a download.

Whoops, I meant GBA. The DS game I have is polygonal 3D. The GBA games I remember didn't have that.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
So... there was NO intend to buy for the download version of Brain Age: Concentration Training, right?

I wonder if there's any chance the "retail" ITB will double as an eShop ITB in this case. Someone should tell us what happens if they did the BACT ITB but get it as a download and then does the registration survey...

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Also, if anyone buys the download version of Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 3D, tell me if it comes with a reg survey, and for how much... it isn't listed on the CN site.

WatTsu

Thinking about pulling the trigger on Punch-Out to have that with me forever on my 3DS.

But it also expires today, and I am considering waiting to see what they post tomorrow. I only have about 200 Coins left.

Any thoughts/suggestions as to what will replace it?

Roto13

Thinking about pulling the trigger on Punch-Out to have that with me forever on my 3DS.

But it also expires today, and I am considering waiting to see what they post tomorrow. I only have about 200 Coins left.

Any thoughts/suggestions as to what will replace it?

There's no rhyme or reason as to what will replace it beyond "Something else Nintendo-published for 3DS."

Ultimate Card Games was great on GBA. The DS game was essentially a port of the GBA game.

lol, frickin Ultimate Card Games DS. I remember seeing ads for it COMING SOON wayyy early in the DS's life and it being on release lists for a couple years. Then nothing for a long time. And it shows up out of nowhere in fricking late 2011. So silly.

jgkspsx

lol, frickin Ultimate Card Games DS. I remember seeing ads for it COMING SOON wayyy early in the DS's life and it being on release lists for a couple years. Then nothing for a long time. And it shows up out of nowhere in fricking late 2011. So silly.

There were previews before the system was out! It was the first game announced for Wi Fi Connection, IIRC.

eggwolio - look what arrived today... :)

Photo0446.jpg

Some kind of... box?

Photo0447.jpg

Hang on... what does this say?

Photo0448.jpg

AH! ITSA ME, MARIO FIGURINE!

(...excuse the bread, breadbin and other guff :) )

zroid

Banned
holy shit, it's been so long since I've seen the backside of that box, I completely forgot it had all that text on it xD

oatmeal

Banned
Almost 10PST and no update yet.

I'm itchin' to see what they do here...

(EDIT)
I just had a glitch in their system...I went into my Club Nintendo and saw that there were two NINTENDO DS LITE'S to register...so I did andi t gave me no points.

I bought Mario Golf (GBC) and Super Mario Land 2 yesterday, I wonder if it meant to give me those.

MrMan2k3

Bird & Beans - 3DS - 100 Coins
Metal Torrent - 3DS - 150 Coins
Paper Mario (N64) - Wii - 200 Coins
Kirby Super Star (SNES) - Wii - 150 Coins

All four are repeats IIRC, I got Metal Torrent and Bird & Beans from CN, and I remember seeing PM and Kirby there before as well.

Might grab Kirby if I get enough coins on time, I owe the fellow from before 150 coins so that can wait, plus other than maybe Kirby, not much of interest, glad I got Tetris (just redeemed it, still need to play it XD).

womp

Bird & Beans is absolutely fantastic. An old favorite of mine and a great score attack game.

Well worth the 100 coins. Was hoping for some more Gameboy Virtual Console choices again though.

Be nice if Nintendo would stop using the same games as well, Metal Torrent was up not too long ago already. Crappy game.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
LOL what Wii U downloadable games? ;)

LOL? Wii U has more good eShop titles than retail ones. The problem being most of those games are priced much higher than these titles. They would be asking in the 500 coin range for many of them at the very least.

Top Bottom