• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

jgkspsx

I just recently linked my Wii U, and the registration survey showed up to the far right of all my intend-to-buy games with no expiry date, so I assume that means it won't expire in 7 days.

Hmmm. I wish you luck. Don't feel obligated to take one for the team, but please let me know if it disappears on you.

zigg

I just recently linked my Wii U, and the registration survey showed up to the far right of all my intend-to-buy games with no expiry date, so I assume that means it won't expire in 7 days.
FWIW, I did mine in eight (and it also showed no date at the far right of my queue), and that was in part because I didn't realize the CN link activated the survey until later, when I actually went digging through the paperwork.

That said, I'd be shocked if it actually did stick around forever. Past 30 even seems excessive.

KarmaCow

So I did the Intend to Buy survey for Fire Emblem on Monday but it hasn't popped up on my to-do list. I went back the list of games available for Intend to Buy surveys but only Brain Age is there. Will I still get bonus coins from the survey when FE becomes available for registration on Feb 4th?

So to get or not to get Mr. Dream for my 3ds (no I'm not an ambassador).
If you have a WiiU, it'll be 30 cents in a few months.

Otherwise, if your thinking of getting it I would say spend $5 instead of 200 coins. You should probably save any coins you have for physical stuff since sooner or later, they will have something new and it may just be something really good.

Its worth $5 imo. Only played some of it on the Wii VC but its pretty awesome. Very hard.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
How can you tell if you have expiring coins?
Account & Coins > Coins & Status

1u1AOu2.png

jgkspsx

Anybody know for sure yet if WiiU registration expires if you connect to your Club Nintendo account? I'm thinking about getting one before the 21st...

Clipper

Anybody know for sure yet if WiiU registration expires if you connect to your Club Nintendo account? I'm thinking about getting one before the 21st...

We know it lasts for at least a month. No expiry date is listed on the registrations, so we assume you have a long time, but we don't know for sure.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Bother... if I had thought of it, I would have checked on the Wii U registration...

My Wii U / Nintendoland 50 coin postplay is still active.

Euro Nintendo member here, looking for a gold nunchuk. I've got 6300 stars with the European CN that I'd be happy to give to anyone who can help!

Euro Nintendo member here, looking for a gold nunchuk. I've got 6300 stars with the European CN that I'd be happy to give to anyone who can help!

Quoting to thank GAFer eggwolio who is going to help out with this. I've ordered the Mario statue for you, and I'll let you know when it arrives.

Cheers!

DDayton

Quoting to thank GAFer eggwolio who is going to help out with this. I've ordered the Mario statue for you, and I'll let you know when it arrives.

Cheers!

I wish I had thought ahead earlier -- I would have gladly ordered a spare gold Nunchuk to swap for a SNES Classic Controller...

eggwolio

I wish I had thought ahead earlier -- I would have gladly ordered a spare gold Nunchuk to swap for a SNES Classic Controller...

If you're looking for collectibility's sake, ignore me, but if you want it for playing games, you should check out this thread over at benheck: http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=71972

Also, haven't they added 2 player options to some of the NES games on the 3DS's virtual console? Why not the Game Boy games, as well? I just redeemed coins for Tetris for my girlfriend and I, but there is no two player mode available.

Khrno

I just received a new copy of Golden Sun Dark Dawn, however this ended up being the American version even tho it was being sent from Belgium and I'm in the UK.

So I'm giving away the CN PIN, if anyone wants it please PM me.

I just received a new copy of Golden Sun Dark Dawn, however this ended up being the American version even tho it was being sent from Belgium and I'm in the UK.

So I'm giving away the CN PIN, if anyone wants it please PM me.

If you still have I'll take it.

DDayton

I just bought an eShop code for Unchained Blades -- but it occurred to me that I didn't remember those codes ever being sold, so I PROBABLY bought either a review/reward code.

The game works, but I was wondering ... does anyone know if eShop codes generally give registration/reward surveys?

I'd hate to think that I'm missing out on coins now...

DDayton

If you're looking for collectibility's sake, ignore me, but if you want it for playing games, you should check out this thread over at benheck: http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=71972
Ah, a new one of those -- I'd consider it, but I can't solder (cough cough) and the prices quoted for assembled ones always seems scary.
I -would- love a GameCube to Wii Remote adapter as well...

Also, haven't they added 2 player options to some of the NES games on the 3DS's virtual console? Why not the Game Boy games, as well? I just redeemed coins for Tetris for my girlfriend and I, but there is no two player mode available.
NES games just requires setting the second system as a dumb controller with a locked emulator... 2 player GB games require emulating the Link Cable, with is supposed to be fairly difficult...

Roto13

I just bought an eShop code for Unchained Blades -- but it occurred to me that I didn't remember those codes ever being sold, so I PROBABLY bought either a review/reward code.

The game works, but I was wondering ... does anyone know if eShop codes generally give registration/reward surveys?

I'd hate to think that I'm missing out on coins now...

I got a registration survey for Fire Emblem, which I downloaded using a review code a few days ago.

When I did the same thing with Johnny Kung Fu, I didn't get any surveys, though.

eggwolio

Ah, a new one of those -- I'd consider it, but I can't solder (cough cough) and the prices quoted for assembled ones always seems scary.
I -would- love a GameCube to Wii Remote adapter as well...

NES games just requires setting the second system as a dumb controller with a locked emulator... 2 player GB games require emulating the Link Cable, with is supposed to be fairly difficult...

Soldering is fairly simple and quite gratifying. There's some good tutorials on YouTube. I plan to make a couple for myself, but can't justify the spending right now on something which will realistically not get much use other than a conversation piece. I mean, I'll use it, just doubt that it will inspire me to play much more on the virtual console than I do now, which is rarely.

zroid

Banned

It's too bad there weren't any Sega games on the Game Boy, because M2 would have figured it out!

I asked this in the stupid gaming questions thread but didn't get an answer:

Why can't you gift games in the eShop. I was going to send my brother Gunman Clive and couldn't believe there was no gift option.

Any plans for the ability later?

zigg

It's ironic since as far as I know Nintendo originated the concept of gifting game downloads on the Wii. What happened since then?
I was gonna say, I wonder if they found so few actually used the Wii Shop's gift functionality that they decided there was insufficient benefit for the cost of offering it.

Is anyone will to buy me a code for Tetris on CN? And in return, I'll get you a game in return (likely starting with the upcoming batch), preferably of the same worth, but anyway, to me Tetris is a must have since it is like THE thing of the GB before Pokemon, hell I'm shocked it's even being offered. o_O

zroid

Banned
I was gonna say, I wonder if they found so few actually used the Wii Shop's gift functionality that they decided there was insufficient benefit for the cost of offering it.
If that's true, Nintendo should have known it was likely a consequence of its implementation. If possible on a healthy eShop with a real friend list like 3DS and Wii U, I'm sure many people would purchase gifts.

teeg

Is anyone will to buy me a code for Tetris on CN? And in return, I'll get you a game in return (likely starting with the upcoming batch), preferably of the same worth, but anyway, to me Tetris is a must have since it is like THE thing of the GB before Pokemon, hell I'm shocked it's even being offered. o_O

Sent you a PM.

donny2112

It's ironic since as far as I know Nintendo originated the concept of gifting game downloads on the Wii. What happened since then?

The game license system changed from being hardware-based to account-based (with account tied to one hardware at a time). Maybe it has something to do with being able to tie more than one 3DS to a Club Nintendo account? Not sure why that'd be a problem with the current system, though.

Top Bottom