• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

eggwolio

eggwolio - look what arrived today... :)
(Pictures)

Sir, I could kiss you. They need to get that nunchuk back on the site immediately.

Bird & Beans - 3DS - 100 Coins
Metal Torrent - 3DS - 150 Coins
Paper Mario (N64) - Wii - 200 Coins
Kirby Super Star (SNES) - Wii - 150 Coins

Shame they couldn't have given us one of the Kirby games which isn't on the collection disc they released last year.

Roto13

Sir, I could kiss you. They need to get that nunchuk back on the site immediately.

Shame they couldn't have given us one of the Kirby games which isn't on the collection disc they released last year.

The only Kirby games that aren't on the collection are spinoffs. On Wii, that basically narrows it down to Kirby's Dream Course.

womp

LOL? Wii U has more good eShop titles than retail ones. The problem being most of those games are priced much higher than these titles. They would be asking in the 500 coin range for many of them at the very least.

I have a Wii U. :p

The selection (outside retail downloads) needs work still. Nano Assault Neo is fabulous however.

zroid

Banned
Dropping 200 coins on Paper Mario is tempting. Haven't played it in ages and I gave my N64 to a friend a long time ago.

I bought Mega Man 2 the other day on Virtual Console (3DS) but it hasn't shown up on my Nintendo Club account yet and I didn't get any coins for it. How long does that usually take?

Davey Cakes

If I didn't already own Paper Mario (from actual purchase) and Kirby Super Star (from being a previous CN prize) then I'd get them. Great choices in general.

bumpkin

Finally paper mario :D

I'll be downloading that, never finished it way back then when I rented it from blockbuster :3
I think that I got Paper Mario through a Wii Shop Secret Santa exchange a year or two back, but I can't remember... I do know that I was a slacker and never fired it up if I did. I think maybe I'll have to rectify that!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
So what's the general GAF consensus on Bird & Beans and Metal Torrent?

Bird and Beans is fun, but if you're an ambassador don't bother, since you can just play through Warioware and get it that way. I don't think there are any additional modes or anything (field of play might be a bit wider). Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

jbueno

Yes!

Metal Torrent is the best original shmup on DS / 3DS IMO, however it's also cheap enough that I would just buy it from the store rather than redeem CN coins. Only $5 in the eShop.

Never picked up any games though points, going to pick up mario and kirby, I have a wii U and a Wii, which should I purchase from and does it carry over to the console I dont purchase it from (I dont think so but not sure.), if not which should I go with?

TunaLover

PAL redeem codes works for American Wiis?
What I mean: if I redeem a VC game code from European Club Nintendo it would work on American WiiShop?

Camjo-Z

I thought Metal Torrent was pretty awesome, pretty short though so I'd only recommend it if you're into getting high scores.

Also, nabbed Kirby Super Star! Best Kirby game ever IMO, only topped by its even better remake Super Star Ultra.

zroid

Banned
Wait, really? So say if I were to go into Wii mode on my WiiU and downloaded $70 worth of games they would not give me coins on my CN account? That's dumb.

Wii mode is about as gimped as it could possibly be, without removing internet connectivity entirely
lol Wii Mini

Metal Torrent is literally a big part of the reason I own a 3DS; I always wanted it back in the DSi days but the DSi was such a small jump over the DS Lite that I couldn't justify the hardware purchase.

It's designed by Mihara over at Arika, who is also responsible for the best Cave console ports in existence (Dodonpachi Daioujou [Blissful Death] and Espgaluda on the PS2 and Ketsui Death Label on the DS).

MrMan2k3

Wait, really? So say if I were to go into Wii mode on my WiiU and downloaded $70 worth of games they would not give me coins on my CN account? That's dumb.
Yeah, for whatever reason there is no way to link the Wii Shop Channel in Wii Mode to your Club Nintendo account, so you cannot earn coins for games purchased there. I've redeemed a few Wii games on my Wii U and never got any surveys for them.

If you really care about maximizing your points but want to play your games on Wii U, you can download games on a Wii system then transfer them to the Wii U (you CAN do multiple transfers to the same Wii U). It can be a time-consuming process, but it's an option.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Has anyone confirmed that you can do multiple transfers to one Wii U? That's a great workaround if true.

I've heard that folks have, and I THOUGHT someone in this very thread confirmed that. I was planning to do this for any future purchases...

...and once Lost Winds gets unlocked.

BooJoh

I don't know when this was changed or if it was already pointed out here, but you can now hover items in your To-Do List and a little X will appear in the corner. Clicking the X will give you the option to hide an item from your To-Do List. The site states that you can complete those hidden items later from your "To-Do History" found under Account & Coins but that doesn't seem to work yet as I just tested by hiding the StyleSavvy registration to-do I ended up accidentally getting when it was in ITB with no icon or title, and it doesn't show up in my To-Do History tab.

I don't know when this was changed or if it was already pointed out here, but you can now hover items in your To-Do List and a little X will appear in the corner. Clicking the X will give you the option to hide an item from your To-Do List. The site states that you can complete those hidden items later from your "To-Do History" found under Account & Coins but that doesn't seem to work yet as I just tested by hiding the StyleSavvy registration to-do I ended up accidentally getting when it was in ITB with no icon or title, and it doesn't show up in my To-Do History tab.
MEGATON. No joke. Gods, I have wanted this for years.

Roto13

Oh thank god.

So many games I regret ITB'ing

Sushigod7

Holy shit that is the most amazing thing they have done with the site since it was opened. Mind blown finally cleaned up my list. Thanks for posting that!

Ponn

Banned
FF Theatrhythm has no Club Nintendo points? Dammnit, why do all the games i buy or want for this 3ds have no club points, this, devil survivors. At least KH 3ds came with them. At least i have enough points if that game case gets put back up.

donny2112

you can now hover items in your To-Do List and a little X will appear in the corner. Clicking the X will give you the option to hide an item from your To-Do List.

Yes! Woo-hoo!

Edit:
And the years. THE YEARS ARE BACK ON THE TO-DO HISTORY PAGE! No more guessing as to when something is due!

tauroxd

Now all I can ask for is... well nope, nothing because this is amazing

Top Bottom