• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

zroid

Banned
Um, okay, two things:

5de49ad51b474ceeae651bc.png

1. I'm pretty sure I never did this survey

2. Why does a Ubisoft game have an ITB survey

Did this mysteriously appear in anyone else's history?

I don't know when this was changed or if it was already pointed out here, but you can now hover items in your To-Do List and a little X will appear in the corner. Clicking the X will give you the option to hide an item from your To-Do List. The site states that you can complete those hidden items later from your "To-Do History" found under Account & Coins but that doesn't seem to work yet as I just tested by hiding the StyleSavvy registration to-do I ended up accidentally getting when it was in ITB with no icon or title, and it doesn't show up in my To-Do History tab.

Mother of god...

Goodbye, Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board survey!

ffdgh

I don't know when this was changed or if it was already pointed out here, but you can now hover items in your To-Do List and a little X will appear in the corner. Clicking the X will give you the option to hide an item from your To-Do List. The site states that you can complete those hidden items later from your "To-Do History" found under Account & Coins but that doesn't seem to work yet as I just tested by hiding the StyleSavvy registration to-do I ended up accidentally getting when it was in ITB with no icon or title, and it doesn't show up in my To-Do History tab.

Omg goodbye annoying dsi registration thats been bugging me.

Edit. I have a post play survey for something called space ace.....Never heard of it but whatever free coins lol.

eggwolio

I don't know if this to do history thing is new or not, but I hate it for showing me that I've let 150 coins worth of surveys expire over the last few years. Ugh.

teeg

I don't know if this to do history thing is new or not, but I hate it for showing me that I've let 150 coins worth of surveys expire over the last few years. Ugh.

I was feeling the same thing and I've only let 20 coins worth expire. 150 could have been one of the downloadable titles.

MrMan2k3

Has anyone confirmed that you can do multiple transfers to one Wii U? That's a great workaround if true.
Yes, you can do multiple transfer to a single Wii U. I did the transfer twice, once from my Wii and once from my in-laws' Wii (they had a used Wii with a bunch of VC games they would never play). All the games transferred over just fine, and any duplicates remained on the source Wii.

It will ask you if you want to transfer Miis and/or Network Connection info, which will overwrite what's stored on your Wii U. You can just tell it "no" if you only want to transfer games and saves. You DO need to make sure to backup any saves on your Wii U, as they will be overwritten by saves from the target Wii for games with saves on both systems. Luckily my in-laws only played like three games that overlapped with my games, so I didn't have to spend forever backing them all up.

I have not done multiple transfers from the SAME Wii, but I'd imagine it would work the same way.

http://club2.nintendo.com/3ds-xl-promo/

Register a 3DS XL and Luigi's Mansion/Pokemon Mystery Dungeon between Mar. 21-Apr. 30 to get a download code for one of the following:

-Freakyforms
-Art Academy
-Super Mario 3D Land
-Prof Layton Miracle Mask
-Starfox 64 3D

Nintendo 3DS XL hardware registered on and after February 14th, 2013 can qualify for this offer.

PopfulMail

Yeah.. I really need to log in more often. I'm seeing way too many expired point opportunities on my list... and apparently I've missed out on some good games and rewards.

well damn, guess i forgot i registered my 3DS XL :( :( :( nooooooooooooooooo, i can't get a free game now

i had to get coins for that kirby medal, hmmm semi worth it

zroid

Banned
It just occurred to me we'll probably hopefully be getting some awesome new Luigi-themed rewards this year. Like Iwata's Luigi hat, perhaps...

donny2112

It just occurred to me we'll probably hopefully be getting some awesome new Luigi-themed rewards this year. Like Iwata's Luigi hat, perhaps...

Was thinking that, too. Didn't want the Mario hat, but would like the Luigi hat Iwata and Miyamoto were wearing. :)

eggwolio

As much as I love my Mario hat, I often find myself a little sad that Doc Louis isn't installed on my Wii. That hat was supposed to be the final touch on my Mario costume, but it doesn't fit my giant head so I had to stick with my old homemade one. Now it just sits on display, lost amongst the rest of my Mario collection.

Clipper

I haven't registered my 3DS XL yet... ooh!

I was planning on leaving it until the next Club Nintendo year, as I may need it to make platinum next year. Also, I already have Mario, Layton and Star Fox, and I'm not interested in Art Style nor Freakyforms, so I may still leave it unregistered until July anyway...

Clipper

Oh, I'd like to add that if anybody has any systems that they have entered a code for, but not yet registered, could they please let us know when the listed expiry date is for the survey. This goes for anybody registering a 3DS now too, please close the survey and check the expiry before filling it out, please.

If anybody has some hoarded surveys, please could you let us know your next hoarded survey to expire and perhaps the one that is expiring last too. That will help us determine if the 5 year/10 year thing was continuing while we couldn't see the years.

I haven't registered my 3DS XL yet... ooh!

I was planning on leaving it until the next Club Nintendo year, as I may need it to make platinum next year. Also, I already have Mario, Layton and Star Fox, and I'm not interested in Art Style nor Freakyforms, so I may still leave it unregistered until July anyway...

Aww,.. Freakyforms is great and probably my most played game on the 3DS. Oh well...

jgkspsx

FreakyForms is too cheap to be worth redeeming. I already have ArtAcademy (though a second copy would be nice). I might get a digital copy of SML3D. I don't have Star Fox, but I don't know that I'd play it if I did. I think I've spent a total of 20 minutes with it on Wii.

donny2112

I might get a digital copy of SML3D.

That's what I'm considering, since I never went back and beat every level again with Luigi due to not wanting to occupy the slot for that long. Should have the save transfer tool soon, too. It'll just cost 200 coins lost from future CN years, but that's probably not a huge, huge loss.

eggwolio

In case anyone is wondering, if you pick up bit.trip saga on sale for ten bucks, the survey is still worth twenty coins and I assume the post play survey will be worth at least five more(probably ten more). I can't imagine anyone needs extra incentive to snag it, but there's a little bit, just in case. The games play excellent in 2D.

Kind of an arcane question, but can I link my Wii to my Club Nintendo account without registering my Wii's code? If so, do I get any coins for it? I want to make sure I get the max coins I can from the Wii and any purchases associated with it (WiiWare, VC), but I'm not sure I want to register it for 100 coins just yet.

zroid

Banned
Kind of an arcane question, but can I link my Wii to my Club Nintendo account without registering my Wii's code? If so, do I get any coins for it? I want to make sure I get the max coins I can from the Wii and any purchases associated with it (WiiWare, VC), but I'm not sure I want to register it for 100 coins just yet.

It's not like the Wii U; just linking doesn't do anything on its own. You should be fine.

Oh hey, question.

I have my platinum for the year. Had it before I bought my Wii U, and as a result I haven't registered my Wii U in order to save the coins for next year. I have not tied my Wii U shop to my Club Nintendo account.

HOWEVER, I want to get in on that F-Zero 30 cents shenanigans.

Can I connect the Wii U to the shop, do the club nintendo link to my shop account only, and then download F-Zero without registering my Wii U on Club Nintendo? I'd rather save those system coins for next year.

scurker

If anybody has some hoarded surveys, please could you let us know your next hoarded survey to expire and perhaps the one that is expiring last too. That will help us determine if the 5 year/10 year thing was continuing while we couldn't see the years.

I'm pretty sure they're still 5/10 years? My surveys are out of order.

My first hoarded survey is Punch Out (May 18) with the last being Epic Yarn (Oct 17) with all others in between. Balloon fight shows up before Punch Out, even though it expires on May 26.

I also feel like this might be the first year I'll be cutting it close with platinum. Pretty much most of the Wii U titles I was planning on buying have been pushed so far out from the release window, that I have no idea if I'll be able to earn enough coins before July 1st.

stuminus3

wa2Y4HS.jpg

Wha... who the heck needs that many spare styli? I'd have got this thing if it wasn't so stupid. Nintendo need to put a 150 DS card holder on Club Nintendo for us whales. ^_^

kitzkozan

Oh hey, question.

I have my platinum for the year. Had it before I bought my Wii U, and as a result I haven't registered my Wii U in order to save the coins for next year. I have not tied my Wii U shop to my Club Nintendo account.

Can I connect the Wii U to the shop, do the club nintendo link to my shop account only, and then download F-Zero without registering my Wii U on Club Nintendo? I'd rather save those system coins for next year.

I wanted to save the 160 points as well, but my Wii U was automatically registered as soon as I connected to the Wii U shop (or it could be because I linked my account with my Club Nintendo one as well). XD

Oh well, I still have plenty of games for which I didn't redeem the points yet so I'll probably be close to platinum status when they reset the points on the first of july. :p

Clipper

I'm pretty sure they're still 5/10 years? My surveys are out of order.

My first hoarded survey is Punch Out (May 18) with the last being Epic Yarn (Oct 17) with all others in between. Balloon fight shows up before Punch Out, even though it expires on May 26.

I also feel like this might be the first year I'll be cutting it close with platinum. Pretty much most of the Wii U titles I was planning on buying have been pushed so far out from the release window, that I have no idea if I'll be able to earn enough coins before July 1st.
If you click the View To-Do History link on the Earn Coins page, it will tell you which years now. That's why I'm asking. You'll see exactly when they are going to expire. If you could give some of those full dates, we can check the rest of the information.

Oh hey, question.

The Wii U system surveys seem to have a very long expiry delay. You could perhaps do what you propose and just not fill in the survey until July. However, given there have been the changes that allow us to view the year of expiry again, perhaps things have changed.

It would be good if there was someone out there with an unregistered Wii U that would like to give this a try to see what the dates on the survey are...

ngower

I'm sure this question has been answered in here before, but I wasn't able to find it. I just bought the MK7 bundle. Should I expect a survey for Mario Kart, or just the system?

EDIT: Oh, and when will my coins expire? I just registered my 3DS XL and Professor Layton, will register Luigi's Mansion when I get it (and SM3DL if I can) down the road. I'd like to grab one of the VC titles, but I'm not wedded to any of Nintendo's current offerings. Don't want to hold out too long and get burned for it, though.

I'm sure this question has been answered in here before, but I wasn't able to find it. I just bought the MK7 bundle. Should I expect a survey for Mario Kart, or just the system?

EDIT: Oh, and when will my coins expire? I just registered my 3DS XL and Professor Layton, will register Luigi's Mansion when I get it (and SM3DL if I can) down the road. I'd like to grab one of the VC titles, but I'm not wedded to any of Nintendo's current offerings. Don't want to hold out too long and get burned for it, though.

You won't get points for MK7. Just the system.

scurker

If you click the View To-Do History link on the Earn Coins page, it will tell you which years now. That's why I'm asking. You'll see exactly when they are going to expire. If you could give some of those full dates, we can check the rest of the information.

Here's the full dates for all the post play surveys I have left:

Balloon Fight May 26, 2013
Punch-Out!! May 18, 2014
Super Star Wars Aug 10, 2014
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor Jun 27, 2015
Kirby's Epic Yarn Oct 17, 2015

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I still have a pile of pending surveys, and the expiration dates seem the same as always...

All the new titles I did Intend to Buy for in 2013 but have yet to register have 2017 expiration dates...

I mentioned this before but I'll say it again as I've seen the Wii U registration question pop up a few times...

I linked my Club Nintendo to my Deluxe Wii U around the time Balloon Fight VC came out.

This is my survey in the To-Do History page:

hv0DsM7.png

Yeah. I've got time.

bumpkin

I mentioned this before but I'll say it again as I've seen the Wii U registration question pop up a few times...

I linked my Club Nintendo to my Deluxe Wii U around the time Balloon Fight VC came out.

This is my survey in the To-Do History page:

hv0DsM7.png

Yeah. I've got time.
But unless I'm mistaken, you have to complete that survey to enroll in the DDP program.

Top Bottom