• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

After getting my 3ds xl yesterday, I finally made Platinum. Feels good.

By the way, the first Game & Watch Collection is gone? I've got one, was just curious. It's been there as long as I can remember.

Man-I was hoping they'd put up some new items-or bring that Yoshi cloth back, I have 1170 coins to spend! I also have a game to register which will put me at over what I need to get the Game and Watch item-which is cool to get, but I'm not dying to have it. I know as soon as I blow all my coins on it-the next day some really cool stuff would pop up.

zroid

Banned
It's fun to think that you can get F-Zero for a third of THAT cost.

Great way to get the Club Nintendo points rollin', thanks for sharing!

Incidentally, you also get one third of that many Club Nintendo coins for purchasing F-Zero (10)

:p

Fandangox

I have a question.

Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper (Digital Download) was the first game I got on the Wii U. (Barring NintendoLand)

And I linked my account to club nintendo after I made the purchase. Yet it does not appear on my list of products (and NintendoLand does) Even though the Club Nintendo List says it is part of the supported club Nintendo games.

Any other way to register it?

WatTsu

Apologies if this has been asked before, but has anyone framed their Club Nintendo posters? If so, what size do you recommend, and where do you get them?

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
This is weird... I went to log in and was told my account was deactivated.

I'm puzzled as to what is going on -- I didn't break any rules, and this seems sporadic.

Is anyone -else- blocked out, or is it just me? I'm half wondering if there is a site issue, but that's probably being overly hopeful.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

I'm puzzled as to what is going on -- I didn't break any rules, and this seems sporadic.

Is anyone -else- blocked out, or is it just me? I'm half wondering if there is a site issue, but that's probably being overly hopeful.
I just tried right now without problems.

Lee-T

Apologies if this has been asked before, but has anyone framed their Club Nintendo posters? If so, what size do you recommend, and where do you get them?
I have done some. Many are a standard size like 22x28, which can be easily found at michaels/ac moore and usually on sale for as cheap as $10-$50 depending on whether you wamt a basic poster frame for them or a nicer higher quality frame.
The weird sized ones are a little harder as you can either custom frame them or put them in a larger frame but then it might not look as nice. The club nintendo site has all the sizes so it's easy to know the size you're looking for.

NoRéN

Logged in just fine.

zroid

Banned

Oh dear :(

DDayton

Well, after a phone call, my account is reactivated -- they won't tell me WHY it was deactivated, just that some information "raised concerns."

They basically wanted to confirm my info and the data on the sub account... and I'm still confused as to what was wrong with any of it.

NoRéN

Well, after a phone call, my account is reactivated -- they won't tell me WHY it was deactivated, just that some information "raised concerns."

They basically wanted to confirm my info and the data on the sub account... and I'm still confused as to what was wrong with any of it.

That's weird as fuck. But at least it's all back.

DDayton

Now to see if my CN account got mangled in the process... just bought Bit Trip Runner 2, and I noticed it isn't on my REGISTERED PRODUCTS List. I know surveys can take a bit to appear, but I thought the R.P. list populated pretty much instantly...

zroid

Banned
Can someone try to help me understand why NOA doesn't offer more soundtrack CDs like NCL does for Club Nintendo rewards? After the insanely high demand for the OoT3D soundtrack, can't they take a hint?

Isn't pressing discs a lot cheaper than mass producing all that other crap on offer at Club Nintendo? Am I missing something vital here?

Or is this just another case of lolreggie? I just don't get it. Nintendo doesn't even sell soundtracks of their games outside Japan, so it's not like it would be taking a bite out of their profits either. It makes zero sense to me.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Can someone try to help me understand why NOA doesn't offer more soundtrack CDs like NCL does for Club Nintendo rewards? After the insanely high demand for the OoT3D soundtrack, can't they take a hint?

Isn't pressing discs a lot cheaper than mass producing all that other crap on offer at Club Nintendo? Am I missing something vital here?

Or is this just another case of lolreggie? I just don't get it. Nintendo doesn't even sell soundtracks of their games outside Japan, so it's not like it would be taking a bite out of their profits either. It makes zero sense to me.

Time to spam the surveys with complaints!
and get ignored :(

HoJu

To quote Miyamoto-san, "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad".
The same thing has to do with how Club Nintendo works. Come March they'll reward our patience with something amazing and unexpected.

I know that my computer is just screaming for a Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon screensaver "crosses fingers".

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
To quote Miyamoto-san, "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad".
The same thing has to do with how Club Nintendo works. Come March they'll reward our patience with something amazing and unexpected.

I know that my computer is just screaming for a Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon screensaver "crosses fingers".

I'm going to pray extra hard to my Reggie shrine tonight.
;_;

Richie

Incidentally, you also get one third of that many Club Nintendo coins for purchasing F-Zero (10)

:p

Heh. I had seen my account earlier today, nothing. I saw this post, went to check, and voilá, as if you had invoked it!

I agree with this but bad. There was a recent survey which asked me how satisfied I was with the service; I praised the VC rewards, but also made clear the lack of soundtracks was a big disappointment. It's an easy bet to say those who are -aware- of Club Nintendo, and take the time to register their products online are big Nintendo fans, people who'd love items like this. I also commented on Super Mario Galaxy's CD being available only as part of a bundle, where it'd have made perfect sense to make it a permanent CN reward. Hopefully they receive enough comments like this and do something about it.

zigg

Why is there an ITB for Lego City digital but not retail?

EDIT: It's because I'm senile and forgot that I already did a Lego City ITB.

Weird question maybe but is your mailing zip code different from your eshop zip code?

zroid

Banned
I'm just going to send an email to customer service requesting soundtracks

I know I'll get a courtesy response, and they'll say the message will be forward to the higher-ups. It's better than nothing, I guess.

DDayton

Weird question maybe but is your mailing zip code different from your eshop zip code?
That would be hilarious if it was the reason. It would screw over everyone who's avoiding paying tax. :lol
Which is fraud, of course.

Nope, my zip is the correct zip -- and Californians don't pay sales tax on digital sales.

I'm fairly sure I know what happened, now -- a relative sent me a Club Nintendo item as a late Christmas gift, and had it shipped directly to my address from their Club Nintendo account (you can change shipping addresses on each order). I just checked and THEIR account is locked out now... I assume that my address being used as a shipment for their account is what led to the problem, as it looks like someone trying to exploit the system.

Now I have to walk them through calling NOA and fixing the account.

womp

I use a Delaware zip code for my eShop purchases but I also add funds via the eShop cards, not my credit card and I have done this for awhile now - at least 3 or whatever years....

The fact that originally places such as Gamestop were charging tax on the eShop cards to begin with made me cry foul - why am I being charged tax *twice*?

Key2001

Bii

Anyone have trouble claiming the coins? I ordered two new copies (was going to give one of the codes away) online from them and both codes were already registered.

I wonder if these were floor copies at GameStop where they were selling it as "new", of course, GameStop would then reseal them. During that time, either employees or customers could have registered those codes.

eggwolio

I wonder if these were floor copies at GameStop where they were selling it as "new", of course, GameStop would then reseal them. During that time, either employees or customers could have registered those codes.
At our store, the "gut" copies have the codes removed and stored in the drawer with the cartridge/disc. Myself and one other employee are club Nintendo fans, but neither of us take codes from new products. On the other hand, none of our used products have codes.

womp

At our store, the "gut" copies have the codes removed and stored in the drawer with the cartridge/disc. Myself and one other employee are club Nintendo fans, but neither of us take codes from new products. On the other hand, none of our used products have codes.

That is special to your store then because the 'new' copy of Pilotwings 3DS I got free with my XL last year was the last copy and its code was used.

Then again, Gamestop is the only store that I know of that sells opened games as 'new'.

eggwolio

Then again, Gamestop is the only store that I know of that sells opened games as 'new'.

The "gutting" policy is one of the things I dislike most about our company, but there is nothing I can do to changge it. I feel bad every time I open a new game and deprive someone else the opportunity to do so when they purchase it. I also find the employee "rental" system flawed. I refuse to check out a title unless it's used. Selling someone a disc I've already played just doesn't sit well. I'm not particularly in love with GameStop, but it ended almost a year of unemployment for me and I've moved up twice in 8 months(and kissed no ass to do so), so I can't hate it either.

In conclusion(in an effort to not derail the thread further), when's we gonna get the gold nunchuk again?!

Was expecting 20 + 10 for Metroid: Other M going by the spreadsheet but mine just registered for 50 points.

KT8G7WD.jpg

Top Bottom