• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Richie

Damn, never played any of these games (sans Kid Icarus, but not the 3D version). I’m in for some glorious coins’ redeeming! Is Starship Defense worth it?

Ghazi

Do I have to have the 3DS yet to buy these? Or can I get then and wait until I get a 3DS (probably this or next month) to use them.

womp

What is great is that once you do the post play survey, the games are even cheaper since you get some coinage back. :)

Do I have to have the 3DS yet to buy these? Or can I get then and wait until I get a 3DS (probably this or next month) to use them.

Nintendo Emails you a code, don't see any reason why you can't wait a month or whenever to punch it in.

zroid

Banned
Get 3D Classics Kid Icarus guys, it's really good. I haven't played the original, but even if you have bad memories of it, apparently this version was "fixed" in some ways. Plus, the backgrounds are awesome.

It's just a lot of fun. And not as stupidly hard as you may have been led to believe.

These games seem kinda over... coined? I'd rather just spend $5 on Kid Icarus for example than to spend as many coins as I just got from registering a $200 system.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Get 3D Classics Kid Icarus guys, it's really good. I haven't played the original, but even if you have bad memories of it, apparently this version was "fixed" in some ways. Plus, the backgrounds are awesome.

It's just a lot of fun. And not as stupidly hard as you may have been led to believe.

Yes. It's the second best 3D Classics title to Kirby's Adventure and it's the most improved of any of the titles. Save points replacing passwords, very lovely backgrounds that work well with the subtle 3D, and a much more friendly alternative control scheme. It's definitely worth 150 coins.

These games seem kinda over... coined? I'd rather just spend $5 on Kid Icarus for example than to spend as many coins as I just got from registering a $200 system.

It's true that the cost has been increasing. But it's all relative value. I tend not to buy too many digital purchases because I want the exclusive physical gifts, but for someone that might not otherwise shell out cash for a game, paying in coins makes sense. I definitely wouldn't have bought Tetris (GB) on both our 3DS XLs if I had to pay cash for it, but given I have an over abundance of Club Nintendo coins, we now have it on both systems.

It's true that the cost has been increasing. But it's all relative value. I tend not to buy too many digital purchases because I want the exclusive physical gifts, but for someone that might not otherwise shell out cash for a game, paying in coins makes sense. I definitely wouldn't have bought Tetris (GB) on both our 3DS XLs if I had to pay cash for it, but given I have an over abundance of Club Nintendo coins, we now have it on both systems.

Sure. I just can't justify it personally. It's a nice selection this month though, at the very least.

randomkid

Yeah, the kinda low value proposition is why I've been sitting on my 700 coins all year long. I guess Super Punchout is something I'd like to try but it just feels a little exorbitant, even when I tell myself that these are all just neat little bonuses. Guess I'm still waiting for the right game to push me over the edge.

Drago

Think I'll get Super Punch Out, I missed it the last time it was up.

Wonder if they put it back up to coincide with Punch Out on WiiU VC this month.

I never got around to getting the ambassador games, I bought a 3DS at launch and had a qualifying one but got rid of it before they announced the ambassador program. Is there any way I can still get them since I have proof of purchase of a qualifying 3DS (the registration and serial # on my CN account)? I wonder if I could call Nintendo and they hook me up.

qko

I got Starship Defense last time it was a reward and I must say it's been the best one they have given out that I didn't already own. I've only gotten this, Birds and Bees, Mario Party 2 and Urban Champion.

Suprisingly addictive tower defense game.

Pretty solid selection. I'll be getting Kid Icarus. I've always wanted to complete that game.

150 for each is very fair pricing, too.

Lol, wish you luck man. I can't play that game anymore due to the ragequitting.

TunaLover

Someone knows if PAL codes works on American Wiis? What I mean: I retrieve a game code from the european club Nintendo and then insert that code in my American Wii.

WatTsu

I didn't love Kid Icarus 3D Classics (got it for free when I preordered Uprising, which I did love) but it's definitely a quality bonus.

Probably gonna grab Super Punch-Out, then hopefully double back and get Mario Tennis with my coins from Luigi's Mansion.

bumpkin

Kid Icarus 3D Classic? Sweet, sign me up!

You know what I'm wondering is how the free game for registering an XL and Luigi or Pokemon is going to be delivered. Will it just be an account agnostic code like the Club downloads or will they perhaps be more sly and add it to your order history like the Ambassador games?

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Picked up 3D Classics Kid Icarus - I have a bunch of coins expiring in June, so I need to spend that shit.

kitzkozan

Think I'll get Super Punch Out, I missed it the last time it was up.

Wonder if they put it back up to coincide with Punch Out on WiiU VC this month.

I'm guessing it's got something to do with it. :p It will probably be one of the title for the Wii U virtual console launch as well. You basically redeem 150 points + pay $1.50 to get the Wii U version. I didn't get it last time, so I'm not gonna miss it twice. I dunno about Kid Icarus 3D, but I'm really tempted since I enjoyed Uprising.

ngower

Waited for the new offerings in the hopes it'd be something I might actually want to play. Disappointed that it's merely Kid Icarus (merely?! BLASPHEMY!). Oh well, guess I'll wait until April.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Must save points. For when something as awesome as that statue comes along again.

Hey! I'm almost at Platinum! I wonder if Lego City's got Club Nintendo points in it

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Fun fact: You can still order games from last month if you still have their page's URL. I just did it for Paper Mario.

I wonder if they de-activate them after some times, or if it's still possible to order games from last year if we still have the URLs.

Boney

Banned
Ugh, they closed my CN account cause I'm visiting my home country and wasn't there to recieve my Platinum reward and they won't reactivate it until I'm back at the states and call them apparently.

Bummer I want Kid Icarus.

bumpkin

Must save points. For when something as awesome as that statue comes along again.

Hey! I'm almost at Platinum! I wonder if Lego City's got Club Nintendo points in it
They had "Intend to Buy" surveys up for the retail and digital editions, so I'd assume it will.

Ugh, they closed my CN account cause I'm visiting my home country and wasn't there to recieve my Platinum reward and they won't reactivate it until I'm back at the states and call them apparently.

Bummer I want Kid Icarus.
I can get it for you, we'll just say you'll owe me 150 CN coins. Like if there's a game I want someday you could get it for me.

teeg

Is there anyone who is not interested in the 3DS XL & Luigi's Mansion/Pokemon promotion and will be saving their 3DS XL code to register in the next Club Nintendo year?

I've never entered my 3DS code and I'd be willing to trade my unused 3DS code for an unused 3DS XL one that is being saved. They are worth the same amount of coins. I'm going to be picking up Luigi's Mansion and I'd really like to pick up Mario 3D Land or Professor Layton.

I also have a Paper Mario Code I picked up last month (I forgot I already had it on my Wii) that I'd be willing to trade or I can get you one of the downloadable titles available on Club Nintendo now or next month in exchange for a unused 3DS XL code.

PM me if you are interested in helping out.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Just spent a few hours with Starship defense. It eases you into the tower defense genre and is really addictive. Definitely worth the coinage.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
how hard is 3D Classics: Kid Icarus?

i'd love to play it, but i detest hard games :(

It's not that tough, considering you have save points after every stage now. Given that, it's also easy to grind for hearts now. There are some challenging sequences (like the dungeons at the end of the each world), but it's more about just being careful and moving along slowly. I'm not sure I'd recommend it for you if you're really turned off by a challenge though, because I could see people not finding it quite as easy as me.

It's not that tough, considering you have save points after every stage now. Given that, it's also easy to grind for hearts now. There are some challenging sequences (like the dungeons at the end of the each world), but it's more about just being careful and moving along slowly. I'm not sure I'd recommend it for you if you're really turned off by a challenge though, because I could see people not finding it quite as easy as me.

if there's save points and griding, i think i can do it :)

as long as difficulty is metroidish, i think... i got this :/

welp, for 150 points, i guess ill give it a go

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Kid Icarus is a lot easier now that it has new physics.

Real men play with classic controls.

I am not a real man apparently

if there's save points and griding, i think i can do it :)

as long as difficulty is metroidish, i think... i got this :/

welp, for 150 points, i guess ill give it a go

I think it's the second best 3D Classics title and definitely looks pretty nice. Simple 3D is the best 3D. If you have the coins to burn, go for it! If you want to go really old school, draw a map for the dungeons. They're really big and confusing (think Legend of Zelda overworld), but pretty fun to navigate.

cacildo

Got kid icarus a few hours ago, got the code in the mail, but i cant connect to the eshop since.

Anybody wuth any oroblems?

Top Bottom