• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

zroid

Banned
Is that confirmed? I don't want to accidentally use some codes haha.

I wouldn't take my word for it :p

also I post in this thread waaay too much

xkt1rPa.png

DaBoss

Is there any way to check to see if a code is valid without using it?

So I just checked and you can! Go to Settings > Redeem Download Code.

Enter your code and it should load up the ESRB thing, then hit next.

Now here you should see what game you can download and the blocks required and stuff. Hit cancel here and it would be like you never used code.

SmokeMaxX

So I just checked and you can! Go to Settings > Redeem Download Code.

Enter your code and it should load up the ESRB thing, then hit next.

Now here you should see what game you can download and the blocks required and stuff. Hit cancel here and it would be like you never used code.

Sorry I've never done this before. What do you mean "what game you can download"? I'm talking about the Club Nintendo codes for the coins that come out of a retail game's packaging. Is that what you're talking about?

DaBoss

Sorry I've never done this before. What do you mean "what game you can download"? I'm talking about the Club Nintendo codes for the coins that come out of a retail game's packaging. Is that what you're talking about?

Ohhhhhhhh, I totally misunderstood you. I thought you were talking about download codes you can get off Club Nintendo and see if they are valid on the 3DS. My bad. I don't think there is a way to check if the code is valid.

hmmmmm i had 3D kid icarus but when i traded my 3DS in for the xl promo i didn't have $200 on me so i just gave my 3DS and got 100 off the xl :(

so i am tempted to pick this up again.

Richie

Say fellas, I'm becoming quite the Coin Addict! Would it be possible to redeem Mario Tennis and Super Punch-Out on my Wii, then transfer them to Wii U and thus get the coins? Already did a system transfer before, and those two downloads don't overlap with anything I've got there. I wouldn't be losing anything in the process, right?

zroid

Banned
Oh, wow. I misunderstood too, apologies. :<

Say fellas, I'm becoming quite the Coin Addict! Would it be possible to redeem Mario Tennis and Super Punch-Out on my Wii, then transfer them to Wii U and thus get the coins? Already did a system transfer before, and those two downloads don't overlap with anything I've got there. I wouldn't be losing anything in the process, right?

Yeah you can do unlimited Wii->Wii U system transfers, AFAIK

oatmeal

Banned
Wait you can do more than one Wii to Wii U?

Like...if you have more stuff, it will just copy the extra shit you don't have?!?

eggwolio

Fun fact: You can still order games from last month if you still have their page's URL. I just did it for Paper Mario.

I forgot I was supposed to snag a second code for this for my boss(technically a third, since I also gifted one to a GAFfer). You still have that URL? Is it still working? I PMed you.

I also have a Paper Mario Code

I PMed you as well. Maybe we can work something out for your extra code.

Isnt super punchout coming to Wii U for 30cent on the 20th I believe?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member

iphys

So I just got my retail copy of Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate, and it has an insert for the Konami Core loyalty program and nothing for Club Nintendo, but the Club Nintendo website says it is supposed to be worth 40 coins. Did other people get a Club Nintendo insert with their retail copy, or is it a mistake that Club Nintendo says it's supposed to be worth 40 coins?

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
So I just got my retail copy of Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate, and it has an insert for the Konami Core loyalty program and nothing for Club Nintendo, but the Club Nintendo website says it is supposed to be worth 40 coins. Did other people get a Club Nintendo insert with their retail copy, or is it a mistake that Club Nintendo says it's supposed to be worth 40 coins?

I got a CN code with my copy.

corn_fest

Got my 3DSXL back from Nintendo repairs today, and they exchanged it for a new one, complete with new serial code. Looks like I'll be participating in the free game promotion after all, muahaha.

Pyrokai

Got my 3DSXL back from Nintendo repairs today, and they exchanged it for a new one, complete with new serial code. Looks like I'll be participating in the free game promotion after all, muahaha.

Did you lose all your data and have a horrible meltdown like I did? I most over 300+ street passes, Hundreds of swap notes, my friends roster, and much more thanks to Nintendo repair :(

corn_fest

Did you lose all your data and have a horrible meltdown like I did? I most over 300+ street passes, Hundreds of swap notes, my friends roster, and much more thanks to Nintendo repair :(

Nope. Looks like everything's still intact for me. Sorry to hear about that, though :(

iphys

Googled around and apparently people in Canada didn't get the Club Nintendo insert with Castlevania. Not sure who to blame: Nintendo for advertising it as being worth 40 coins when it's only the US copies that are, or Konami for not including the insert with the Canadian copies.

zroid

Banned
Googled around and apparently people in Canada didn't get the Club Nintendo insert with Castlevania. Not sure who to blame: Nintendo for advertising it as being worth 40 coins when it's only the US copies that are, or Konami for not including the insert with the Canadian copies.

Had a feeling this was the reason. Probably Konami's fault, as you can always count on them to be completely inept at anything. I wouldn't be surprised if they simply believed Canada doesn't participate in the Club Nintendo program.

NineH

Had a feeling this was the reason. Probably Konami's fault, as you can always count on them to be completely inept at anything. I wouldn't be surprised if they simply believed Canada doesn't participate in the Club Nintendo program.

This happened to me with Kingdom Hearts 3ds. I bought 2 copies over the holidays and one copy had a club nintendo code and the other one didn't so I thought that was really odd.

zroid

Banned
This happened to me with Kingdom Hearts 3ds. I bought 2 copies over the holidays and one copy had a club nintendo code and the other one didn't so I thought that was really odd.
I guess third parties are still learning, lol. My copy of KH did have a code, luckily.

donny2112

Hmmm. May be worth calling Nintendo Support to see if they can get the coins onto your account, if you explain the situation. May not work, since games don't have unique serial numbers like systems, but worth a shot.

DaBoss

Did you get it from EB Games? They do re-sell used copies as new copies sometimes. I never experienced this, but I have read others who have had this happen.

AirBrian

Call up Nintendo. This happened to me as well (Wii game, I can't remember), but they asked for a number from the inside ring of the disc and credited my account. Keep in mind this was several years ago now, but still worth a shot.

So I did one of those preorder surveys for the boxed copy of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon on Club Nintendo yesterday. I was just wondering if you're supposed to see some sort of confirmation after you complete it. I clicked it again and I could take it again if I wanted to. Also, it's not there anymore. Just the downloadable version. Could that be confirmation? Just curious as I just discovered them yesterday.

Top Bottom