• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

iphys

Also, the T-shirt is on sale for 350 from 550 coins. I ordered a Wiimote holder, since I've been on the fence for a while. I wonder if they are discontinuing these rewards and trying to get Luigi to help clean them out. The pouches are a steal if you don't already have them.

rpmurphy

I know the pouch is usually 250.

I'm pretty sure the game card case was 600 coins since that is what the other one was priced at.

Also, the T-shirt is on sale for 350 from 550 coins. I ordered a Wiimote holder, since I've been on the fence for a while. I wonder if they are discontinuing these rewards and trying to get Luigi to help clean them out. The pouches are a steal if you don't already have them.
Thanks!

I want the pouch, the remote holder, and the T-shirt, but I gotta first register a bunch from my stack. Argh... :[

zroid

Banned
oh my glob

time to splurge on that tshirt and a second pouch!

edit: ugh, no, I shouldn't get the shirt. I really don't need more t-shirts. But second pouch shall be mine.

Lexxism

Do the pouch fit on 3DS xl? Or is it only OG 3ds?

edit:

It said, March 19 11:59 PST. That's am right? So, it will be March 19 2:59pm EST?

Davey Cakes

Is anyone interested in my Mario Kart 64 code?

I bought the code on impulse back when Nintendo put it up as a prize, but haven't used it yet. Having a Wii U and only a single classic controller makes it pointless for me to download, since I'm all about the multiplayer. I was going to give it to my brother's girlfriend on her Wii (which was actually my Wii, previously), but she actually already has the game.

And, having MK Wii and MK7, I realize that I have Mario Kart covered.

Anyway, I'd be willing to trade a code for a code. I guess I wouldn't mind a loss. MK64 was 200 coins but I would take a code for 3D Classics: Kid Icarus (which is 150). Or, if anyone has any codes lying around for previous games that were 150-200 points, I may be interested but I'm also picky.

eggwolio

My lady and I each have a pouch but were thinking of ordering more. If we were to order multiple pouches at the same time, do you think we'd be more likely to get the same pose than if i spaced the orders out a bit?

I was wondering why the site was green all of a sudden. Anyway, the pouch is tempting, but I need those Hanafuda cards. (Just 105 more coins to go.) Besides, I already have 1. I had 2 but gave one as a gift.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
That is weird as hell. Wonder why they did that.

So far, no third party published Wii U titles have had CN codes, but some 3DS third party titles have had codes.

I'm not sure why they'd continue doing them for 3DS titles but not for Wii U, but perhaps it's part of their push towards trying to get folks to buy digital versions...

Edit: I've finally pushed out the "new" version of the Club Nintendo spreadsheet (http://clubnintendo.potchgult.com) . This version allows you to sort results by title or release date, and splits up the system data for (hopefully) faster loading. I still seem to have a weird bottleneck as far as the graphs go, though.... weirdly, Mozilla and Opera seem to load the Google doc spreadsheet far faster than Chrome and its variants do.

DaBoss

So far, no third party published Wii U titles have had CN codes, but some 3DS third party titles have had codes.

I'm not sure why they'd continue doing them for 3DS titles but not for Wii U, but perhaps it's part of their push towards trying to get folks to buy digital versions...

Oh, didn't know that. I don't have a Wii U.

Why do you want the cards so bad?
Because they're awesome.

lyav3fE.jpg

No, I just think they're cool. I don't know how else to answer your question.

Clipper

I know I'm referring to something a little older in the thread, but I love how both European and US Club Nintendo users always envy the rewards the other system has when they find out about them. The perfect case of the grass being always greener on the other side of the fence, I guess.

Unicorn

Wow. I've been saving up for the Hanafuda Card set, but I just watched the video and HOLY SHIT are those cards tiny. The Animal Crossing playing cards were amazing, I thought, but seeing how cheap those Hanafuda cards look (as well as the case for them) I'm thinking of spending my coins elsewhere.

So, naturally, I was drawn to the Animal Crossing game case, but looking at the larger image, it looks pretty cheaply made. Anyone on GAF have personal photos of it, just so I can see the quality? Otherwise, I would just consider using a regular DS case and getting some foam cut at my work (professional machines, etc.) and printing custom art for the outside of the case.

Then again, I've been sitting on these 425 coins for over a year, slowly working to buying a second set of the Animal Crossing playing cards, just for collecting. Rarely are there any 3DS VC games up for redemption that I want (last one was Metroid 2, I believe).

Dayumn, I've spent 800 coins since March 9th. Animal Crossing fan for my niece's birthday (she loves the DS game and I wanted this before it went *poof* like the blue one), Paper Mario VC, and two pouches. :)

Ghazi

What I quoted was about the retail version of the game, not the digital version, which what you said will work.

Oops, I didn't go far enough down the quote hole. I thought he was referring to the 3DS and Wii U themselves and registering them onto your Club Nintendo account. Sorry.

donny2112

I know I'm referring to something a little older in the thread, but I love how both European and US Club Nintendo users always envy the rewards the other system has when they find out about them.

DavidDayton's run the numbers before, and the coins on the U.S. side are cheaper, so don't envy that. Those Mario Kart 7 trophies sure were nice, though. *Hint, Hint, NOA!*

zigg

Wow. I've been saving up for the Hanafuda Card set, but I just watched the video and HOLY SHIT are those cards tiny. The Animal Crossing playing cards were amazing, I thought, but seeing how cheap those Hanafuda cards look (as well as the case for them) I'm thinking of spending my coins elsewhere.
They are indeed small (and I can't speak to whether that size is standard… I assumed so) but they're not cheaply made. That said, I don't actually do anything with them… they really just sit on the shelf.

Nekki

So, I'm running into a bit of a predicament. I'd like to join Club Nintendo to register some stuff (3DS plus a couple of games).

I have a NA 3DS but the problem is I don't live there, so I can't register an address or zip code. Is there anyway to bypass this?? Can I outright lie?? I only want the downloadable stuff.

If I can't, then I might just give the codes away.

DaBoss

So, I'm running into a bit of a predicament. I'd like to join Club Nintendo to register some stuff (3DS plus a couple of games).

I have a NA 3DS but the problem is I don't live there, so I can't register an address or zip code. Is there anyway to bypass this?? Can I outright lie?? I only want the downloadable stuff.

If I can't, then I might just give the codes away.

If you only want downloadable stuff, you don't have to put a correct address at all.

zroid

Banned
Right, just lie. It's prohibited, obviously, but as long as they don't find out it's a fake, you'll get along swimmingly.

Ondore

Just lie about it. Here's an address to use:
7800 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles CA, 90036

... I have watched one too many game shows, it would seem.

jgkspsx

That set is anything but cheap. I love 'em. I'm trying to get rid of my collectible junk, but those I will never get rid of. I mean, hanafuda cards are not Western playing cards. That's how they're supposed to be.

Sanic

Just wondering, are any of the more expensive prizes actually, well, "rare"? I have a lot of points, and i'm debating as to if I should go for something like the hanafuda cards

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Just wondering, are any of the more expensive prizes actually, well, "rare"? I have a lot of points, and i'm debating as to if I should go for something like the hanafuda cards

I bought the Ball Game and Watch game and have it on my shelf - I saw it recently in a retro game store for about $50.

Top Bottom