• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Are the pouches coveted because they're cool or because of resale value?

Also do they really protect the system all that much?

Now that I ordered one, I'm wondering this also.

Ah well, guess I'll know in a few days.

zigg

Are the pouches coveted because they're cool or because of resale value?

Also do they really protect the system all that much?
They're pretty nice and do as good a job as any quality cloth bag would. But they're not going to stop an impact nor are they going to protect your system from outside pressure that can create top screen scratches.

zroid

Banned
Certainly not for resale value, as they've always been relatively cheap to purchase with coins and they've been readily available for quite a while. They're just more useful rewards than most, value-priced, and they look attractive.

teeg

Just wondering, are any of the more expensive prizes actually, well, "rare"? I have a lot of points, and i'm debating as to if I should go for something like the hanafuda cards

I just recently found my Hanafuda cards in a box. I completely forgot I had them. After looking at them I decided to frame them up last night.
hanafudaCards.jpg

I think they turned out pretty good. May try to fix the spacing at the bottom and top, but likely will just leave it the way it is. Now to find a place to hang them.

-Horizon-

Went ahead and got the blue pouch for my 3DS XL. Hoping we get better poster sets soon.
Why do we not have Fire Emblem posters as rewards? I would get those in a heartbeat.

zroid

Banned
I just recently found my Hanafuda cards in a box. I completely forgot I had them. After looking at them I decided to frame them up last night.
hanafudaCards.jpg

I think they turned out pretty good. May try to fix the spacing at the bottom and top, but likely will just leave it the way it is. Now to find a place to hang them.

that's badass

hanafudaCards.jpg

Oh wow. Good thinking.

hanafudaCards.jpg

Dude! I love that! I may just "borrow" your idea, because I'm certainly not using them for anything other than collecting dust...

teeg

Dude! I love that! I may just "borrow" your idea, because I'm certainly not using them for anything other than collecting dust...

Do it. I'm not a crafty person, but I had the idea in my head and it kinda fell together quite easily.

I used a 12" x 16" frame, white bristol board for the backing and some double sided sticker squares. Cost roughly $30 for the above materials with the frame being $25 of that.

KJA

Ordered the red pouch. It's not a bad deal, considering its 100 points off. That said, it's not like the rewards are getting any better.

However, I do regret not ordering the highly recommended 3DS Game Card Case when I had the chance. That and the Luigi Hat Carrying Case...

frequency

Can someone answer some questions for me please?

How do points for Wii U work?

I think I am reading that you don't get cards with codes anymore? That it is automatically registered? So I have to link/register my Wii U to my Club Nintendo account?

I've been saving points for next year since I've been Platinum for months now. Can I register my Wii U but not do the survey until the Club Nintendo year resets? Or will I get the points applied to this year instead? I want to continue saving points.

Thank you.

zroid

Banned
Can someone answer some questions for me please?

How do points for Wii U work?

I think I am reading that you don't get cards with codes anymore? That it is automatically registered? So I have to link/register my Wii U to my Club Nintendo account?

I've been saving points for next year since I've been Platinum for months now. Can I register my Wii U but not do the survey until the Club Nintendo year resets? Or will I get the points applied to this year instead? I want to continue saving points.

Thank you.
I messed it up myself, but apparently the registration survey which appears when you link your Wii U expires years from now. I assumed it would expire after a month so I filled it out. So you can link your Wii U now and not worry about claiming the points for it till next year.

Clipper

Yeah, the info you need is mostly in the OP. You should be safe to sign up now if you want and fill in the survey in July to count the points towards next year. I believe the Wii U surveys had an expiry date of 2029 at the moment...

Raw64life

Really annoying that a serial number isn't good enough for this. Just joined Club Nintendo today and I trashed my place looking for my 3DS box since it would put me at Platinum for the year and I can't seem to find it.

zroid

Banned
Really annoying that a serial number isn't good enough for this. Just joined Club Nintendo today and I trashed my place looking for my 3DS box since it would put me at Platinum for the year and I can't seem to find it.
Call Nintendo, they might help you out. Serial is the ultimate proof, and if no one else has registered it, they should hopefully accept it as sufficient.

tauroxd

hanafudaCards.jpg

Beautiful!

Sushigod7

hanafudaCards.jpg

Ever since I saw the Studio Ghibli Spirited Away cards mounted this way my plan was to do the same. I love the way it looks. Now just have to save up and get these cards nice job! Did you attach them somehow to the backing?

I posted this in the thread about the sale, but I'll post it here too because I need an answer before the sale ends lol: So I want to order that classic super mario t-shirt.....what size though? As a guy who's 5 foot 9 and about 165-170 pounds, large is usually fine, but I'm wondering if I should go for size XL to be safe. Anyone who has it want to comment on the sizes?

WatTsu

I posted this in the thread about the sale, but I'll post it here too because I need an answer before the sale ends lol: So I want to order that classic super mario t-shirt.....what size though? As a guy who's 5 foot 9 and about 165-170 pounds, large is usually fine, but I'm wondering if I should go for size XL to be safe. Anyone who has it want to comment on the sizes?

I have the XL shirt and I'm slightly taller and...uh, a fair bit heavier than you but the XL shirt fits me fine. My guess is you'd probably be fine with an L.

hanafudaCards.jpg

That is pretty awesome. How did you do the backing?

is it me, or did my order of the t-shirt not go through?

in the items ordered, there's no indication that i've ordered it,

but in my coin section, it tells me -350, shirt.

:S

so in the Coins slot it saids :

Mar 17, 2013 Ordered - Classic Super Mario T-Shirt (Small) -350 20

but no indication in my items ordered section... is that regular untill they ship or should i contact Nintendo right away?

stolin

Did anyone get a Club Nintendo code for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Wii U retail ? Mine did not have one... but my Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3DS has one.

Get the XL as I have a L and I am 5'7" and weigh around 55-60 kilos. But then I prefer slightly loose t-shirts. I think L might be too fitting for you.

Bluth54

Did anyone get a Club Nintendo code for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Wii U retail ? Mine did not have one... but my Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3DS has one.

I think that's pretty standard. Most newer 3rd party 3DS retail games have codes but 3rd party Wii U games don't.

mooooose

Does anyone have a pokemon or Luigis mansion code they would be willing to part with for multiple codes or a single code or goodwill?

iphys

Lol, so if I understand the CN site correctly, downloading Zen Pinball 2 for free gets you a 10-coin post-play, but actually paying money for any of the DLC gets you squat?

Sora_N

Wtf I entered a code, and the site crapped out, no points were added and I can't use the code anymore. Would CN do anything about this?

Kazerei

Banned
Wtf I entered a code, and the site crapped out, no points were added and I can't use the code anymore. Would CN do anything about this?

Wait a few hours, and the survey will appear in your To-Do List.

The same thing has happened to me, every time I register a game after having done the Intend to Buy survey.

Bii

I thought it was just me. I entered three different codes yesterday and the site never acknowledged them, just resetting back to the pin/serial input page. Guess I'll send an email too.

rpmurphy

Got my shirt and pouch over the past couple days that I ordered during the sale (they arrived faster than I expected, considering the last time I ordered something it took about a week). The pouch seems pretty awesome, and the shirt is cool. I probably should have gotten a second pouch!

wilflare

New Club Nintendo Survey -got it in my email-
Seems like Nintendo is trying to evaluate the interest for the WiiU... and the company's upcoming games (Animal Crossing, Pikmin, etc)
almost 60 questions for 10points

Anyone willing to give me a 3DS XL code for the promotion? I'll give you a CN game or whatever reward is 150 or whatever worth (I know it's 160 coins, but no reward is 160 coins :p).

PM me if interested.

Top Bottom