• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Roto13

Do some Wii VC games not get coins? I bought Paper Mario a few weeks go and no survey for it has shown up, but Zelda: Majora's Mask, which I bought the same day, has. Both games show up on the "Products" tab, just no survey for Paper Mario.

All VC and WiiWare games released before a certain date don't qualify for coins. I don't remember what the date is, though.

The blue pouch I ordered during the sale has jumping Mario. :D

My old red one has walking Mario. I'm really hoping now they make a green pouch... and then I'll keep ordering them until I get one with standing Mario. :p

My sole blue one is standing Mario. Kind of wanted jumping. :\

All VC and WiiWare games released before a certain date don't qualify for coins. I don't remember what the date is, though.

Also keep in mind that you don't get Club Nintendo coins for games purchased from the Nintendo Shop Channel in Wii Mode on the Wii U. It's real dumb. One of the many reasons I'm just waiting for the Wii U VC rollout to buy anything.

Avalon304

So I'm new here, just had a question;

Whats the stance on trading rewards here in this topic? I have two of the gold reward posters (the Skkyward Sword and Kid Icarus ones) and Im interested in some of the other posters that arent available anymore.

SmokeMaxX

So I'm new here, just had a question;

Whats the stance on trading rewards here in this topic? I have two of the gold reward posters (the Skkyward Sword and Kid Icarus ones) and Im interested in some of the other posters that arent available anymore.

I'd recommend going to the Buy/Sell/Trade thread here on Neogaf (skip to the last few pages since the thread travels fast): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506332

I sell Club Nintendo Codes and I've seen others who sell Club Nintendo rewards so you may get lucky and find what you're looking for on there.

EDIT: Maybe post 6001 is what you're looking for?

Lexxism

Question:

For those people who were gold and platinum status before the end of a nintendo year(Last year July 1 or was it June 30?). What rewards did you get for gold and platinum? I'm quite curious of what to expect to get since I'm 10 coins shy of 600 coins.

zroid

Banned
Last year's Gold reward was a choice between the usual desk calendar and one of a bunch of downloadable games. I think the most notable was Majora's Mask.

Last year's Platinum reward was a choice between one of the Gold rewards, a set of three posters, and finally a deck of transparent plastic Mario playing cards.

I took the cards. Haven't used them at all, but they're pretty snazzy.

Lexxism

Last year's Gold reward was a choice between the usual desk calendar and one of a bunch of downloadable games. I think the most notable was Majora's Mask.

Last year's Platinum reward was a choice between one of the Gold rewards, a set of three posters, and finally a deck of transparent plastic Mario playing cards.

I see. Follow-up question..

1. Do this rewards change every nintendo year?
2. Coins expire every 2 nintendo year? I got my first coins last year around August. So, my coins expiration will be next year June 30th?

zroid

Banned
I see. Follow-up question..

1. Do this rewards change every nintendo year?
2. Coins expire every 2 nintendo year? I got my first coins last year around August. So, my coins expiration will be next year June 30th?

1. The rewards do change every year, except for the Gold calendar which is pretty much a constant.

2. I think this info is in the OP, but from memory, any coins you obtain, for example between July 2012 and June 2013 should expire at the end of June 2015. I think.

frequency

I used the cards once and they made my fingers all glittery.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ah question, are gold/platinum rewards always physical objects? Considering how I won't be able to get them, I really hope they opt for downloadables.

Roto13

Ah question, are gold/platinum rewards always physical objects? Considering how I won't be able to get them, I really hope they opt for downloadables.

Last time you could pick a downloadable game if you wanted. And the first time, one of the Platinum rewards was Doc Louis' Punch Out.

There will probably be something to download this year. No guarantees, though.

Javier

Question:

For those people who were gold and platinum status before the end of a nintendo year(Last year July 1 or was it June 30?). What rewards did you get for gold and platinum? I'm quite curious of what to expect to get since I'm 10 coins shy of 600 coins.
To add to what was previously said: It won't hurt for you to get those 10 extra coins for this year anyway. If by any chance you prefer the Gold Reward over the Platinum one, you can still pick the Gold Reward even if you're status is Platinum.

zroid

Banned
Despite my best intentions, the 2013 year is proving to be as disastrous in terms of coin rationing as 2012 was for me. By the end of it, probably moreso.

a99e6eeef00345d8afe3bf5.png

teeg

Despite my best intentions, the 2013 year is proving to be as disastrous in terms of coin rationing as 2012 was for me. By the end of it, probably moreso.

a99e6eeef00345d8afe3bf5.png

I've had a horrible year of coin rationing as well. I did so well the first 3 years.
113228134515-Account-Coins-Mozilla-Firefox.jpg

And I still have 255 coins in Post-Play Surveys due before June 30th. I blame it on the changed rules for the length of time a post play survey can be horded.

The bright side is I've been able to redeem a few items/games without fear of a new awesome item appearing the next day and not having any coins left.

donny2112

Ditto. Some of that was specifically due to wanting to get some actual good rewards in the form of the LE Kirby coin, Gold nunchuk, and free 3DS game, which makes it more acceptable. Will probably put in nothing for the first few months in the new CN year and wait to see how the year progresses for a while before registering anything, though.

-Horizon-

Finally got my blue pouch. Wonder what the platinum rewards will be this year?
Fire Emblem posters please, also why have there been no Pokemon related items?

Lexxism

Another question.

Can I register two same games(for example: 2 Kid Icarus) on same account? Or I can't because of the post play survey?

1. The rewards do change every year, except for the Gold calendar which is pretty much a constant.

2. I think this info is in the OP, but from memory, any coins you obtain, for example between July 2012 and June 2013 should expire at the end of June 2015. I think.

Thank you for answering.

To add to what was previously said: It won't hurt for you to get those 10 extra coins for this year anyway. If by any chance you prefer the Gold Reward over the Platinum one, you can still pick the Gold Reward even if you're status is Platinum.

Yeah. I already planned of getting the platinum status. I was just curious with what kind of rewards I can get between the two. Planning to get gunman clive for my remaining 10 coins.

Finally went over the top (coin-wise) and was able to order the Hanafuda cards. Other than getting another pouch, i think I'm set. New rewards, please.

Ondore

Another question.

Can I register two same games(for example: 2 Kid Icarus) on same account? Or I can't because of the post play survey?

On the same account? Only if it's a 3DS game and you buy one copy digitally/one retail. Otherwise, you can use the "Family Account" option and create a sub-account.

I like how you guys who get over 1000 coins in a year are worried about rationing. I don't think you'll ever need to be concerned about not making Platinum. Nintendo's got you hooked.

Getting Platinum status is laughably easy. I buy a lot of games anyway, don't see the downside to getting free rewards for those purchases.

I've never rationed coins, but that's because there was always some other reward I wanted to get. And I've never had to worry about reaching Gold or Platinum. But now that I've got pretty much everything I've wanted reward-wise, I should probably start hoarding them.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Last time you could pick a downloadable game if you wanted. And the first time, one of the Platinum rewards was Doc Louis' Punch Out.

There will probably be something to download this year. No guarantees, though.

What was the download last time?

Roto13

What was the download last time?

Choice of one game from a bunch of various Virtual Console and DSiWare games. The same sorts of things that get added and removed from the regular prize lineup every month. I forget exactly what games they were.

EDIT: DIAF Zeer0id

zroid

Banned
If I were at Gold tier, I probably would've been satisfied with Majora's Mask, but I imagine a lot of people have it already. It'd be nice to see them put up more original games. Nintendo has a decent stable of self-published titles on the 3DS eShop now so it shouldn't be a problem, logistically at least.

Drago

I hope we get a Luigi hat this year in the vain of 2009's Mario hat.

I think that we're definitely getting Luigi prizes this year either way

iphys

I wouldn't count on a Luigi prize, as that would make too much sense. I remember the year everyone was expecting something Zelda related, and people were talking ocarinas . . . and then we got those Mario pins, ugh.

The "Mario and Friends" resin statue was easily the best prize they've ever given away. I always thought that far more people claimed that prize than they were anticipating and they lost their shirts. Every year since they've scaled back to cheaper stuff. I think that they implemented the time limits on questionnaires and such to try to curtail coin hoarding and eventually they hope to reach a point where most of the people who qualify for platinum are the ones that actually spent a ton of dough THAT YEAR. Then I'd hope they would up the quality on platinum prizes again since not as many people could get them.

zroid

Banned
Since I'm probably not the only one here who was hoping to hoard the code until July:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Nintendo.

I'm happy to let you know that the free download code from our Nintendo 3DS XL promotion does not expire. Whoever redeems the code will be able to do so at any time. If you have any additional questions, please let us know!

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Alicia Ryenne

iphys

I thought the posters were the best platinum reward yet, but mainly I was happy that we had choices. I didn't care for the Mario figurine, but if they ever make another figurine, a miniature R.O.B. replica would be way cooler in my opinion.

Top Bottom