• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Hey Reggie, check this out:
FmKOprT.jpg

Bring them here!

XL charging docks would be amazing. It's one of the only things I miss about the OG.

Of course on the NA eShop, they would go for 800 coins.
I would still buy two

iphys

Am I the only person that never used the charging cradle for my 3DS? I thought they stopped including them because they were so pointless.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Am I the only person that never used the charging cradle for my 3DS? I thought they stopped including them because they were so pointless.

It just looks better, and more organized having a docking station, rather than just plugging it in and letting it lay on the desk. A small thing, but I definitely prefer it.

zroid

Banned
I've resigned to planting my XL on the Kid Icarus stand when charging, which is useful, but doesn't have half the convenience of simply dropping the thing onto a cradle. :(

NOA pls

iphys

Do you hate convenience?

I find the dock more of an inconvenience, because I usually need to plug my system in while playing it, so then I'd need to disconnect and reconnect the charger from the dock all the time to use it, which would be annoying. Also, I like to use silicone skins on my systems and would have to take them off to use the dock.

I find the dock more of an inconvenience, because I usually need to plug my system in while playing it, so then I'd need to disconnect and reconnect the charger from the dock all the time to use it, which would be annoying. Also, I like to use silicone skins on my systems and would have to take them off to use the dock.

Fair enough

zroid

Banned

This is the exact reason I bought a USB charging cable immediately after getting my 3DS two years ago (it was like 2 bucks). It's short, and well-suited to plugging into a cradle which permanently rests beside my laptop. The wall charger is still free when I need it. :)

JavyOO7

Shame on NOA in regards to that promotion. I don't even have an XL and am none too pleased about what they did. How hard is it to let all XL owners in on that promotion? And extending the date of the promotion longer? =/

Just out of curiosity, is there a dedicated thread for point card deals/sales, or do people just post when things go on sale in this thread since downloadable games give Club Nintendo coins?

backlot

Just out of curiosity, is there a dedicated thread for point card deals/sales, or do people just post when things go on sale in this thread since downloadable games give Club Nintendo coins?

I don't really see a lot of sales on Nintendo Point cards but the Nintendo Downloads thread would probably be a better place for that stuff.

The "Mario and Friends" resin statue was easily the best prize they've ever given away. I always thought that far more people claimed that prize than they were anticipating and they lost their shirts.
They certainly produced these in bulk as Europe got a load (it could well have been "we need 8000 but its cheaper to get 11500...we'll just give the rest to NOE"). Of course we have to buy them for more than twice what Americans have to earn for platinum.
I have no regrets with my bought one

I'd imagine the delivery costs of them must have been most of the club Nintendo budget which is why it is generally more compact packages.

Which brings me onto something. I wonder if the next step of elite membership is it gives you the chance to buy special items instead; maybe for coins, maybe for money or both...NOE have done the latter before (like 2005), it was something like 1000 stars+£1??.99 for a DS a month early with SM64 (American version...good thing that system was region free), Wario ware demo, MP Hunters First hunt (again American version so you couldn't play multiplayer with your friends who waited for launch, nice one NOE).

BooJoh

I just bought my mom a 3DS XL. She already had a DSi XL and her own CN account but she doesn't buy many games and all her surveys expired, so we agreed to just register the 3DS on my CN account (plus I got Layton free out of it.)

Is it possible to merge her CN account with mine so hers is a sub-account and I'll get coins for any games she gets that I already registered for myself?

NoRéN

You guys have any preference on 3DSXL screen protectors?

Do you guys keep something in between the screens when closed?

Iacobellis

NoRéN;52074555 said:

I hear Hori is the best. Personally, I don't put anything inside my XL, but I should get a screen protector soon.

NoRéN

I hear Hori is the best. Personally, I don't put anything inside my XL, but I should get a screen protector soon.

Have a Hori screen protector in my zelda 3ds. Yet to scratch or look dirty so i may go with that. Just wondering if there was a new favorite or something that requires less finesse to apply.

For now, I cut up the foam-like sleeve the 3ds came in and put that in between the screens when closed. Don't know if that's necessary, just my paranoia about scratches i guess.

Iacobellis

NoRéN;52074999 said:
Have a Hori screen protector in my zelda 3ds. Yet to scratch or look dirty so i may go with that. Just wondering if there was a new favorite or something that requires less finesse to apply.

For now, I cut up the foam-like sleeve the 3ds came in and put that in between the screens when closed. Don't know if that's necessary, just my paranoia about scratches i guess.

The XL doesn't have a foam piece in-between the screens, so you'd have to use some kind of microfiber for that. I've yet to see any faint lines like I did on my Aqua Blue machine before they became scratches.

NoRéN

The XL doesn't have a foam piece in-between the screens, so you'd have to use some kind of microfiber for that. I've yet to see any faint lines like I did on my Aqua Blue machine before they became scratches.
I know, that why
NoRéN;52074999 said:

NoRéN;52074555 said:

Actually, I do. I just place my microfiber cloth in between the screens when not in use. I use that cloth all the time, so this way it's always handy when I need it, plus it protects the screens. I did the same with my original 3ds which I retired, but still has a flawless screen. I don't use screen protectors.

NoRéN

Actually, I do. I just place my microfiber cloth in between the screens when not in use. I use that cloth all the time, so this way it's always handy when I need it, plus it protects the screens. I did the same with my original 3ds which I retired, but still has a flawless screen. I don't use screen protectors.

Where did you get the microfiber cloth big enough to cover 3DSXL screens?

Where was that picture of the guy who framed his Hanafuda Cards? I want to shamelessly copy him so I'm going to head to Michaels in the morning.

NoRéN;52079853 said:
Where did you get the microfiber cloth big enough to cover 3DSXL screens?
Huh? The microfiber cloth is not that big, and even so I fold it in half and it fits perfectly between the screens. Maybe you just have a small one...? Cloth I mean. ;)

edit: To illustrate what I'm talking about:

OmINXWq.jpg

teeg

Where was that picture of the guy who framed his Hanafuda Cards? I want to shamelessly copy him so I'm going to head to Michaels in the morning.

That was me.
I noticed the image host I used seems to have kicked the bucket. So here it is again.
Hanafuda-Cards.JPG

I used a 12" x 16" frame, white bristol board for the backing and some double sided sticker squares.
It cost roughly $30 for the above materials with the frame being $25 of that.

Sushigod7

That was me.
I noticed the image host I used seems to have kicked the bucket. So here it is again.

I used a 12" x 16" frame, white bristol board for the backing and some double sided sticker squares.

Like I said before nice job! I can't wait to get these cards but I'm holding out registering anything else till the new year rolls over.

That was me.
Hanafuda-Cards.JPG

Saved, great job and thanks for the inspiration and detailed information.

That was me.

So how much time did you spend on that? It looks pretty much perfect.

Iacobellis

Sure are a lot of "currently unavailable items" on CN right now.

I hope this means new rewards are incoming. They've occasionally added an item or two, but overall I think some new stuff is overdue.

The Gold and Platinum awards should be better this year. Fuck a calendar and digital game.

zroid

Banned
Oh hell. Well looks like i'm going to hold off buying the charger from Nin Store and keep 200 coins or more in my Club Nintendo account at all times to be safe.

If there's one thing I can guarantee, it's that if this comes to NA, it'll be way more than 200 coins :p

I love how you get an email saying your item shipped, like my Hanafuda cards, and it lists that item as $800 when you check the status on the site.

Top Bottom