• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
So I registered a ton of old games yesterday because I just got a CN account a few days ago and I saw that some of the codes have expiration dates. (Canvas Curse turned out to be the only dead one, though...) Stopped when I hit Platinum.

...Am I reading it right that I'll be getting some unholy number of post-play surveys in about a week, even though at least one of these titles was from the Wii launch? @__@

iphys

Yeah, but you might as well wait till July 1st to do your post-plays, so you can put the coins toward next year's platinum.

Ghazi

As much as I want the 3DS card case, today I picked up that HORI case DidntKnowJack recommended awhile back and it seems great. I love it, plus it holds an SD card and 23 other game cards, so I'm set there now.

That was me.
I noticed the image host I used seems to have kicked the bucket. So here it is again.
Hanafuda-Cards.JPG

I used a 12" x 16" frame, white bristol board for the backing and some double sided sticker squares.
It cost roughly $30 for the above materials with the frame being $25 of that.

Looks like I finally found a use for my cards. They're the only thing I ever got from Club Nintendo besides the calendars.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Yeah, but you might as well wait till July 1st to do your post-plays, so you can put the coins toward next year's platinum.
Yeah, I read in the OP that post-play surveys expire in 120 days so I'm glad I can put them off. I bought some newer titles off eShop and was expecting the surveys for those, I'm just a little surprised that they'd still send them out for the old games. Thanks.

Not likely if you're in the US. Those prizes from this past year were total shit, like they weren't even trying.

I know it's not much but they didn't launch the full 3DS download service until after last year's rewards were revealed. They've been pushing it pretty hard the last few months with promotions so there's a little hope I think.

Iacobellis

I know it's not much but they didn't launch the full 3DS download service until after last year's rewards were revealed. They've been pushing it pretty hard the last few months with promotions so there's a little hope I think.

And what could they giveaway? Steel Diver? >_>

Damn, would have bought several at that price for the club nintendo points. Or can you not do that? I've never tried registering multiple copies of the same game. Can register unlimited systems so maybe?

Systems I think you can, but for games you're better off using child accounts on a family account.

I tried, like Rhythm Heaven for the Wii, but they cancelled my order on me. :(

Oh that sucks man. This is why I only trust in-store stuff there.

Damn, would have bought several at that price for the club nintendo points. Or can you not do that? I've never tried registering multiple copies of the same game. Can register unlimited systems so maybe?
You can't really do that. Hardware? Yes. Individual games? No.

Unless you make your CN account a family account. But even in that case each person in that collective account, each with their own username, can only register any given game once. So technically if you had 5 copies you could create a family account, then create 4 additional user names tied to that account, then register one game per account.

Boy, that sounds more complicated than it actually is.

You can't really do that. Hardware? Yes. Individual games? No.

Unless you make your CN account a family account. But even in that case each person in that collective account, each with their own username, can only register any given game once. So technically if you had 5 copies you could create a family account, then create 4 additional user names tied to that account, then register one game per account.

Boy, that sounds more complicated than it actually is.

Yeah, it's really only a couple of clicks. Explaining it is a nightmare though.

eggwolio

So technically if you had 5 copies you could create a family account, then create 4 additional user names tied to that account, then register one game per account.

Family accounts can now have up to eight members. Pretty nice if you get a bunch of codes from(or legitimately purchase multiple copies of) the same game.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Family accounts can now have up to eight members. Pretty nice if you get a bunch of codes from(or legitimately purchase multiple copies of) the same game.

Or worked at/knew someone kind who worked at gamestop when they got rid of all the DS cases.

I know someone with a stack of codes as thick as a dictionary.

I'm like 100 coins away from being able to afford a Gold nunchuck, and I haven't spent them on any of the digital games so that I can get the controller. Do you guys think that there's a chance that it'll ever come back again, or should I spend them on something else?

I really wish Nintendo would do more physical accessories like that. At least for the Platinum prize, if nothing else.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
So let's say NOA doesn't get those multicolor XL docks, do the Japanese ones work with US power cords at all?

eggwolio

So let's say NOA doesn't get those multicolor XL docks, do the Japanese ones work with US power cords at all?

It should just act as a passthru from your cord to the system. Even if the voltages were different, a plug for a US 3DS is going to send the proper amount of power through the dock. The dock isn't generating power, just redirecting it.

iphys

I'm like 100 coins away from being able to afford a Gold nunchuck, and I haven't spent them on any of the digital games so that I can get the controller. Do you guys think that there's a chance that it'll ever come back again, or should I spend them on something else?

I really wish Nintendo would do more physical accessories like that. At least for the Platinum prize, if nothing else.

I would hold on to your coins as long as there's no risk of them expiring any time soon. You never know when the next epic item might come out only to disappear within a day, so it's good to have your coins ready to pounce on it.

iphys

Assuming the website isn't bombarded by people hoarding surveys for next year and the reward isn't announced immediately.

So I never realized they had a post-play survey for all of the Ambassador games, and I just recently got around to downloading all of them.

I missed out on a lot of extra coins :(

I'm the latest victim of the website's To-Do List bug. Had a mini-freak-out when it said "Looks like you're all done here." I loaded the Earn Coins page and then the main page again and my 67-item list was back. I have 350 coins worth of post-play surveys chilling there, so I'd be upset to lose them.

Javier

So apparently Zen Pinball 2 gives you a 10-Coin Post Play even if you don't download any of the paid content.

If Free-to-Play becomes popular on Wii U looks like there will be a good source for easy coins.

NoRéN

Huh? The microfiber cloth is not that big, and even so I fold it in half and it fits perfectly between the screens. Maybe you just have a small one...? Cloth I mean. ;)

edit: To illustrate what I'm talking about:

OmINXWq.jpg

Damn, perfect size. Where did you buy that?

I had been using one that came with my glasses cleaner. it was big enough for my 3DS but not the xl.

I don't remember where I got it, it was quite awhile ago. It may have come with some kit for my launch PSP, or the PSP itself. I really don't remember. However, they can easily be had, just do a search for 'microfiber cloth' on Amazon.

Back OT, when do the new rewards come out every month? Digital rewards, that is.

AirBrian

I don't remember where I got it, it was quite awhile ago. It may have come with some kit for my launch PSP, or the PSP itself. I really don't remember. However, they can easily be had, just do a search for 'microfiber cloth' on Amazon.

Back OT, when do the new rewards come out every month? Digital rewards, that is.

Should be on Monday! My coins are ready.

MrMephistoX

So after registering and surveying like mad I have 1000 points and platinum status? Are VC discounts the way to go or are the cards really that cool? Bear in mind Im a father of a 6 mo old so the cards may get destroyed at some point :)

Roto13

So after registering and surveying like mad I have 1000 points and platinum status? Are VC discounts the way to go or are the cards really that cool? Bear in mind Im a father of a 6 mo old so the cards may get destroyed at some point :)

If you're talking about the playing cards from the Platinum reward, you can't get those any more anyway. You needed to register all of that stuff before July of last year to qualify.

You're all set for whatever they give away this year, though.

5amshift

Banned
Made Platinum for the 4th time in a row. I want my Game & Watch Collection 3, or Donkey Kong NES available for coin download.

MrMephistoX

If you're talking about the playing cards from the Platinum reward, you can't get those any more anyway. You needed to register all of that stuff before July of last year to qualify.

You're all set for whatever they give away this year, though.

Cool I meant the Hanafuda cards up for 750.

Top Bottom