• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Drago

Hope we get a good Wii VC or 3DS game tomorrow. Don't much care for DSiWare or WiiWare titles.

I especially like getting Wii VC titles now, because whenever they get WiiU updates it's basically like I only played $1-$1.50 for a new WiiU VC game.

So I was under the impression that the games were supposed to change April 7th.. So now that it's April 8th, when can I expect the change? I'm new to Club Nintendo!

I hope we get something pretty cool this year, the past two rewards were kind of disappointing :(

I thought the pins were brilliant but last year was pretty disappointing. Posters I got are super nice quality but Nintendo always offers various poster sets so it didn't really feel that unique. Wonder if something like the statue will happen again, maybe Club Nintendo has too many users to do such extravagant gifts?

Eric C

New Games - until May 5th

KOQwmSV.png

3DS
Kirby's Pinball Land - 150 coins
3D Classics: Urban Champion - 150 coins

Wii
Super Mario 64 - 200 coins
Super Metroid - 150 coins

Shit, got busy this weekend and forgot to get Kid Icarus 3D Classics. Oh well.

80 coins til Platinum. Trying not to go over, need to save coins for next year.

trixx

Super Mario 64 my favorite game ever. But wouldn't it be better to just get a Nintendo card. 150 coins is like a 3ds. Also isn't super metroid a part of the Wii u virtual console promotion?

Please Nintendo bring back gold nunchuck my skyward Wii more needs a partner

CHusson91

Banned
New Games

KOQwmSV.png

3DS

Wii

How long do the download codes work for? I'm planning on buying a Wii U in the near future and I'm interested in both of the Wii games.

womp

Super Mario 64 my favorite game ever. But wouldn't it be better to just get a Nintendo card. 150 coins is like a 3ds. Also isn't super metroid a part of the Wii u virtual console promotion?

Yep, next game in the lineup I believe. But then again, not everyone has the U. :)

zroid

Banned
Yep, next game in the lineup I believe. But then again, not everyone has the U. :)

Kirby's Adventure is the next one, I think. Pretty sure Super Metroid will follow.

How long do the download codes work for? I'm planning on buying a Wii U in the near future and I'm interested in both of the Wii games.

I couldn't tell you specifically about these codes, but I contacted Nintendo about the codes given with the 3DS XL promo, and they replied they don't expire. Chances are it's the same for these.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Another 3D Classic. What are the odds that Xevious gets offered soon? I wanna buy it now but I have so many coins...

Eric C

Also isn't super metroid a part of the Wii u virtual console promotion?

Kirby's Adventure (NES) is the next 30 cent Wii U game

Super Metroid is not until after that game sometime in May.

But yeah if you have a Wii U it'd probably be better to just wait and save your coins and just buy Super Metroid for 30 cents when it goes on sale.

Only get Super Metroid if you have a Wii and aren't planning on getting the Wii U by May.

Super Metroid peaks my interest. It can be played on a Wii U, though?
Yes but

If you got the Wii version which is what this Club Nintendo code is, to play on the GamePad screen you'd have to upgrade it for $1.50 or buy it when it's on sale in May for 30 cents.

So I personally wouldn't waste the coins on it if you have a Wii U.

Hold up on the Super Metroid code, it's going to be selling for $0.30/£0.30 for a month around may, for the wii u version (includes gamepad play/other features, which the code version will not), if you're getting your wii u soon.

Saving my coins for when Nintendo eventually starts releasing Wii U VC as club nintendo promotions. Got something like 1500 points.

KOQwmSV.png

3DS
Sigh. Another month, another 3D Classic that isn't Kirby's Adventure. :(
I continue to play the waiting game.

Another 3D Classic. What are the odds that Xevious gets offered soon? I wanna buy it now but I have so many coins...
I can't remember how long ago it was, but 3D Classic Xevious was already offered some time ago as was Twinbee (which seemed a bit more fun from what little I played of both).
I honestly think that Kirby's Adventure is the only 3D Classic at this point they HAVEN'T offered as a reward yet. Maybe they'll offer it next month and they'll cycle through them again after that.

Drago

Daaaamn I would totally jump on Super Metroid if they weren't going to be selling it for 30¢ next month. I already own the other games.

Great selection, but nothing for me :(

K' Dash

You know what would be nice? Play fucking Super Metroid in my fucking 3DS, I cant believe these people at Nintendo can't make a fucking SNES/GBA emulator, ugh...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

KOQwmSV.png

3DS

Wii

Not Urban Champion again.

Otherwise, a good month for rewards. I will probably pick up Pinball Land and I will at least think about Super Mario 64, in anticipation of its Wii U Virtual Console release.. sometime in the next five years at least. Super Metroid I already own, but coming out for $0.30 later in the year makes that 150 coins look like a gigantic amount.

Yes but

If you got the Wii version which is what this Club Nintendo code is, to play on the GamePad screen you'd have to upgrade it for $1.50 or buy it when it's on sale in May for 30 cents.

So I personally wouldn't waste the coins on it if you have a Wii U.

Thanks for that explanation. Saved me from wasting the coins.

donny2112

Purposefully avoided rebuying games I already owned on Wii VC (except for a couple), since I could just plug back in the systems if I wanted to play them again. However, would rebuy almost my entire SNES library to play on 3DS anytime I wanted. Love VC on 3DS. Get with it, Nintendo! Portability with save-states rock. :)

Not Urban Champion again.

Otherwise, a good month for rewards. I will probably pick up Pinball Land and I will at least think about Super Mario 64, in anticipation of its Wii U Virtual Console release.. sometime in the next five years at least.

They really need to get SM64 out on 3DS too. They should port the DS version with the 30 extra coins, the better voice samples, bunnies and Yoshi et al to both new platforms, with high-res texture packs.

I can dream, right?

Purposefully avoided rebuying games I already owned on Wii VC (except for a couple), since I could just plug back in the systems if I wanted to play them again. However, would rebuy almost my entire SNES library to play on 3DS anytime I wanted. Love VC on 3DS. Get with it, Nintendo! Portability and save-states rock. :)

Hell, I'm still salivating for NES titles like Bubble Bobble and Ultima. There's a million games from 8 and 16 bit I'd love to see on VC for 3DS.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Kinda sucks that not all games come with code for Nintendo Club... and the Luigi's Mansion I got was Asian version :/

Top Bottom