• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I don't have Mario 64 already. I do have the cart, but I don't have my N64.

I have the DS version but I haven't played it in years. I know it sucked on the DS, but how well does it hold up with the aid of the 3DS' circle pad? It still won't be ideal I know, but if it's playable then I won't bother re-buying it.

It controls really well with a thumb stylus.

The circle pad just emulates the dpad. It's still 8-way on-off control, not analog.

When I upgraded to a 3DS XL I specifically made ensure to try Mario 64 with the circle pad and compare it to the OG DS.

To me, it's a night and day difference. It turned what I found to be a frustrating mess into an excellent and perfectly controllable experience.

Davey Cakes

If you have a Wii U, don't take the Super Metroid bait!
Exactly.

I've already had it for a while so I'm in the clear. Getting the 30 cent version anyway, since it's 30 cents rather than the eventual $1.50 upgrade cost.

Worst thing is, I won't be able to transfer my 100% save from the Wii version to the Wii U one, but whatever.

To me, it's a night and day difference. It turned what I found to be a frustrating mess into an excellent and perfectly controllable experience.

Well, here's a thread for anyone interested:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=461981

Some people think the circle pad is a big upgrade but they certainly seem to be in the minority.

It's so not-analog to me, personally. Still uses a run button. Can only go in eight directions.

IrishNinja

yeah, Super Metroid bout to be 30c and i already got Mario 64...looks like they got my letter & brought back Urban Champ though!

Wiz

So apparently Nintendo is sending out Club Nintendo surveys (10 free coins) to random people about some of their products.

Most of the questions were about Animal Crossing and Pokemon X/Y.

Ondore

Does anyone know the turnaround for the free game w/XL and Luigi's Mansion promotion? Do you get kicked to a menu as soon as you finish the second survey?

womp

So apparently Nintendo is sending out Club Nintendo surveys (10 free coins) to random people about some of their products.

Most of the questions were about Animal Crossing and Pokemon X/Y.

I received one of these in my email the other day. 10 points. The focus was on WiiU TVii.

13+-+1

I basically told them I bought the system to play games, not for the 'all in one media features' and that it doesn't even work with my setup anyway.

When I tap a cable channel, it changes the channel on my television. I use a cable box for that. :p

Mine was asking me if I was interested in purchasing a 3DS, and Luigi's Mansion with it.

I have a 3DS, a 3DSXL and LM all registered... there was literally no real answer to the entire poll for me, but whatever, 10 free coins! They probably should have checked if you actually owned the system before asking "why don't you own this system"

deduce

I just logged into Club Nintendo and it said my chance to register Fire Emblem has passed. That sucks, I missed out on 40pts. I didn't realize eShop registrations were so stingy considering you can register box copies whenever.

zigg

I just logged into Club Nintendo and it said my chance to register Fire Emblem has passed. That sucks, I missed out on 40pts. I didn't realize eShop registrations were so stingy considering you can register box copies whenever.
This has been a sore point with me for several years now. Unless you're wired to immediately hit CN after you buy a game, you'll miss out on the surveys. I've suggested they should send an email to the CN member, but to no avail.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Alright after getting Resident Evil for $20 I just need to do a few post surveys and buy Luigi's Mansion and platinum is mine again.

That is if I could find the damn game.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Ahh eShop registrations are timed? Damn.

zroid

Banned
The thing about the eShop registrations is downloading the game is equivalent to entering your code. In either case, you have 30 days hence to complete the actual survey and get your coins.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Been curious for a while (since i just bought my 3DS a couple of weeks ago), what did Platinum status get you? :0

Every year it's different. Been platinum ever since they introduced the program, so, things like downloadable games, a Mario hat, character statue, etc.

TunaLover

I only have a Wii, I picked Super Metroid, there's a Wii U version available / in the works?
I consider get a Wii U in during this year.

Roto13

I only have a Wii, I picked Super Metroid, there's a Wii U version available / in the works?
I consider get a Wii U in during this year.

You'll be able to get Super Metroid for 30 cents for a month, but you won't be able to get it if you don't have a Wii U. YOu'll eventually be able to upgrade your Wii VC version of Super Metroid to the Wii U VC version for a dollar.

So if you want the Wii U version but won't own a Wii U for a while, you made the right decision getting the Wii version from Club Nintendo.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
You'll be able to get Super Metroid for 30 cents for a month, but you won't be able to get it if you don't have a Wii U. YOu'll eventually be able to upgrade your Wii VC version of Super Metroid to the Wii U VC version for a dollar.

So just to be clear, if purchasing a U my games won't transfer over unless I pay a fee? Is it per game?!

Zeeman

So just to be clear, if purchasing a U my games won't transfer over unless I pay a fee? Is it per game?!

You can transfer over your games with the transfer app and an SD card, but you can only play them in Wii mode, so only with Wii controllers and not on the tablet. You'll have to pay a fee per game to update the games to Wii U mode whenever that becomes available.

Sleepy

So my survey asked me about Animal Crossing and Pokemon X/Y. Some interesting questions asked if I was interested in buying a 3DS system for with the game. Now this could just be judging if I thought the games were worth buying a system for, or could Nintendo be judging the demand for the Animal Crossing/X&Y specific systems?

I wish they would have asked my feelings about the eShop/Virtual Console. I guess they don't need questions for which they already know the answers :p

Mirk

So I have 1100 coins atm. I got an email saying 320 are going to expire in june. So my question is if I spend say 350 now I'll have 750, so in june will they still take away another 320? What I am asking I guess is do you have to clear your balance to not lose any that expire.

_woLf

Gah, I have 440 coins that are expiring in June, but there is pretty much nothing I want. What do :(

I wish the Wii games were easier to play on Wii U... I'd get Super mario 64 easily if that was the case.

zroid

Banned
Gah, I have 440 coins that are expiring in June, but there is pretty much nothing I want. What do :(

I wish the Wii games were easier to play on Wii U... I'd get Super mario 64 easily if that was the case.

You could get it with the intention of upgrading to the Wii U version down the road (for whatever fee they charge -- probably 2 bucks). They haven't technically announced N64 games for Wii U... but you have to imagine it's coming. SM64 on the GamePaaaaaaaad!

teeg

I've got Club Nintendo codes for Warioware DIY and Pilotwings Resort that came with the used copies I bought at EB Canada's recent clearance. No idea if they're used or not, but I rebought the games and don't want to jump through any hoops with regard to setting up a family account or whatever, so if you want'em let me know. I'll PM one each to whoever replies first.

I'll take one.

Borman

I've got Club Nintendo codes for Warioware DIY and Pilotwings Resort that came with the used copies I bought at EB Canada's recent clearance. No idea if they're used or not, but I rebought the games and don't want to jump through any hoops with regard to setting up a family account or whatever, so if you want'em let me know. I'll PM one each to whoever replies first.

Id take Warioware if you could :)

Top Bottom