• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

They shouldn't ditch Wii rewards just yet, but they should add a Wii U tier.

Honestly, there are probably so many people with only Wii systems and coins that there's probably going to be some fuss made when they do drop Wii rewards.

trixx

Is there not GBA virtual console on the 3ds. I would love to play some golden sun. I don't have a 3ds yet because I don't like the colours. Hopefully the Wii u will have GameCube as part of its virtual console or I'll be thoroughly disappointed.

Is there not GBA virtual console on the 3ds. I would love to play some golden sun. I don't have a 3ds yet because I don't like the colours. Hopefully the Wii u will have GameCube as part of its virtual console or I'll be thoroughly disappointed.

GBA VC = 10 games, only for Ambassadors.

zroid

Banned
They shouldn't ditch Wii rewards just yet, but they should add a Wii U tier.

Honestly, there are probably so many people with only Wii systems and coins that there's probably going to be some fuss made when they do drop Wii rewards.

I think the problem is Nintendo doesn't have any self-published games on Wii U eShop yet, and with the rare exception those are the ones they make available. I bet once the VC goes up, what we would have otherwise gotten in Wii VC games will transition to Wii U.

Assuming the release trickle is fast enough to support it...

GBA VC = 10 games, only for Ambassadors.

Unfortunately only this so far, and if I remember right they only announced GBA VC for the Wii U for some stupid reason.
I really hope GBA VC does come to 3DS eventually, I'd also love Golden Sun (still have the cartridges), FFTA, Advance Wars, and the Castlevanias.

CDX

New Games - until May 5th

KOQwmSV.png

3DS
Kirby's Pinball Land - 150 coins
3D Classics: Urban Champion - 150 coins

Wii
Super Mario 64 - 200 coins
Super Metroid - 150 coins

3D Classics: Urban Champion - AGAIN!? Is this like the 3rd time this game has been on Club Nintendo and still no Kirby 3D classics :(

Kirby's Pinball Land - No I still have the cartridge and I can play it on my GBA SP+

Super Metroid - lol no, Not wasting the coins I'll just buy it for 30¢

Super Mario 64 - MAYBE, if only to save me from buying it for full price on the Wii U. If I had this Wii version I'd only have to pay the upgrade fee to play on the GamePad screen whenever they get around to putting it up on the Wii U eShop.

if i get super mario 64 to play on my wii u (via the wii bc) what controllers can i use? can i use the gamepad to control it (i know that i won't be able to see it on the screen)?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
if i get super mario 64 to play on my wii u (via the wii bc) what controllers can i use? can i use the gamepad to control it (i know that i won't be able to see it on the screen)?

Classic controller only (the Wii one, NOT the WiiU Classic Controller Pro).

Davey Cakes

Grabbing Mario 64, no doubt. Best thing is, I can get it for points here and upgrade to the eventual Wii U version for diddly. That said, why 200 points instead of 150? Considering that previous N64 rewards have been 150, I feel like Nintendo is arbitrarily setting these point values. "Hey, I bet a lot of people will redeem Mario 64 as a reward; let's charge more points for it." Good business.

Already have Super Metroid on Wii. Going to get the 30 cent version for Wii U to save the $1.20 from the full upgrade fee.

Will probably skip Kirby's Pinball Land. Even if it were 3D Classics Kirby's Adventure, I wouldn't have bought because of the Wii U promotion this month.

Nintendo's just trolling with Urban Champion at this point. WTF?

DaBoss

2 of the greatest games of all time...too bad I already have them. I wish they would put up some better 3DS rewards.

What were the best 3DS rewards on CN anyways? I think 3D Cpassics Kid Icarus is one of the best.

Layth

I would redeem point to get Mario 64 if I knew I'd be able to upgrade it soon-ish.

Has Nintendo said anything about N64 games being part of Wii U's virtual console? I know they said NES, SNES, and GBA games will be included but I can't recall any mention of the N64.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I might get Super Mario 64. Already have Super Metroid on the Wii, but I plan on getting the Wii U version when it's up for download for $0.30 for off-screen play and Miiverse.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
2 of the greatest games of all time...too bad I already have them. I wish they would put up some better 3DS rewards.

What were the best 3DS rewards on CN anyways? I think 3D Cpassics Kid Icarus is one of the best.

Donkey Kong '94 for me. Still holds up, and is a fantastic game. Probably would also consider Pictobits (even though I bought this before then) and Mario's Picross as well. That's just me though, and off the top of my head.

3D Classics: Urban Champion - AGAIN!? Is this like the 3rd time this game has been on Club Nintendo and still no Kirby 3D classics :(

Kirby's Pinball Land - No I still have the cartridge and I can play it on my GBA SP+

Super Metroid - lol no, Not wasting the coins I'll just buy it for 30¢

Super Mario 64 - MAYBE, if only to save me from buying it for full price on the Wii U. If I had this Wii version I'd only have to pay the upgrade fee to play on the GamePad screen whenever they get around to putting it up on the Wii U eShop.

More or less, yeah. The only reason I've gotten any of the Wii VC games lately is I don't already have the cart or it's not one of the 30 cent games (like SM) so I'll just use the coins now then pay the buck or whatever to upgrade later.

KarmaCow

What are the chances that if I get the Super Metroid deal that when Nintendo announces accounts for the 3DS that Super Metroid will also be on the 3DS?

Glass Joe

I already have Mario 64 from my Wii days, but for those on the fence about it, think about it this way:

If it does come to Wii U via proper VC, it will have a $10 price tag. If N64 games can be upgraded like NES and SNES games can (little reason to doubt they eventually will), you'll probably be saving yourselves $8 in the long run.

These are some of the best rewards I've seen. I would have gotten Super Metroid but it seems pointless as it will be up for 30 cents on the Wii U VC soon. So, I redeemed Super Mario 64 even though I still have the cart and a N64.

zroid

Banned
I don't have Mario 64 already. I do have the cart, but I don't have my N64.

I have the DS version but I haven't played it in years. I know it sucked on the DS, but how well does it hold up with the aid of the 3DS' circle pad? It still won't be ideal I know, but if it's playable then I won't bother re-buying it.

Sendou

I live in Europe but use a NA Club Nintendo account with 3DS. You receive a download code if you choose Super Mario 64, right? Are these region locked or could I redeem one on my PAL Wii U (through the Wii emulation)?

kitzkozan

I might get Super Mario 64. Already have Super Metroid on the Wii, but I plan on getting the Wii U version when it's up for download for $0.30 for off-screen play and Miiverse.

Same, getting Super Metroid for the Wii U. Mario 64 is really tempting since otherwise it's $10 for a game which I still own along with my old N64. It might take some time before N64 games are accessible on the Wii U virtual console and we will have to pay the extra fee to port them over (perhaps $2 for N64 games?).

iphys

Does Kirby Pinball hold up?

I would have got it for 100 coins, but for 150 coins forget it. I would have just bought it rather than waste that many coins on it, and I'd sooner buy Kirby's Block Ball and yet haven't. The pinball is pretty disappointing in comparison to current games like Zen Pinball.

Roto13

Kirby's Pinball Land just isn't very good. The physics suck and the tables just aren't very fun. Anyone would be better off getting Zen Pinball or Marvel Pinball, even if they have to pay for it.

Thanks to whoever gave the link to Kid Icarus! I was waiting on these games and was ecstatic to see Super Metroid, only to realize it isn't for 3DS :( Hopefully I like Kid Icarus!

And how come all you fools talks about Platinum so much, what am I missing?

What were the platinum gift options for Japan last winter? I was reading the OP and was wondering because supposedly that's what is likely to be our gifts for this year and I'd like to know what that is :)?

zroid

Banned
What were the platinum gift options for Japan last winter? I was reading the OP and was wondering because supposedly that's what is likely to be our gifts for this year and I'd like to know what that is :)?

I believe they had a choice between an original DSiWare game called "Nintendo Boy", a rad-looking Pikmin tote bag, or the same deck of playing cards we got last year.

I don't have Mario 64 already. I do have the cart, but I don't have my N64.

I have the DS version but I haven't played it in years. I know it sucked on the DS, but how well does it hold up with the aid of the 3DS' circle pad? It still won't be ideal I know, but if it's playable then I won't bother re-buying it.

It controls really well with a thumb stylus.

The circle pad just emulates the dpad. It's still 8-way on-off control, not analog.

I believe they had a choice between an original DSiWare game called "Nintendo Boy", a rad-looking Pikmin tote bag, or the same deck of playing cards we got last year.

hmmm, was hoping for some posters this year. Those Zelda ones were so good. Ah well free is free. I will likely go with the bag if that's what is this year.

JavyOO7

I'll get Mario 64 for the inevitable time it goes to Wii U VC and I pay an extra dollar to pay it on the gamepad.

It will be amazing to play that game on the pad. Yesssss.

Top Bottom