• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
sumo390 said:
I stayed up for the basketball games in China, but that was 2:00am which was nothing. 5:30? No thanks. :lol

That's when you go to bed early , and set the alarm for 5am.

Hey Australia!

TryAndStopUs.jpg

xbhaskarx said:
Which year had the World Cup when pretty much every game was at an obscene hour in America, was that Japan/Korea 2002?

gee lucky you dont live in Australia - we have to get up at obscene hours for pretty much every major tournament of every sport.

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Hey Australia!

I'm sure we will be able to stop you, Im not worried about our defence. Whether we score a goal is the major problem.

Atlagev

xbhaskarx said:
Which year had the World Cup when pretty much every game was at an obscene hour in America, was that Japan/Korea 2002?

Yes. If I recall, there were (all times PDT) 11PM games, 2AM games, and 5AM games. I actually kind of liked it, because I could watch all the games and not have to worry about them going on the same time as work. That's going to be a problem this year...

"Last week he was talking about how 'footy' was really heating up and asked me to come over for the 'friendly' against Turkey," said Janovich's friend Beth Gleason, who has known the only projected U.S. viewer of this year's World Cup broadcast since college. "I love Brad, I really do, but when he talks like that I want to punch him in the goddamn face. Especially because, when I asked him what he was talking about, he just said the same thing again, only slower. I was like, 'Brad, don't talk like that. People don't talk like that.'"

:lol :lol

I'm up super late, so I guess I'll watch a few minutes of the US friendly before going to bed.

This world cup is the worst as far as west coast watching goes :(

xbhaskarx

Buddle and Findley... I'm glad Buddle is getting a chance to play with Donovan so we can see if he can contribute. Keeping Gomez as the sub is a good move.

xbhaskarx

timetokill said:
I better not see Altidore out there

Also: damn i love our national anthem :D
He was running around earlier but they said both Altidore and Onyewu will not play.

I'm interested to see how Goodson will perform...

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
not sure if it's due to American pressure, but Australia can't hold onto shit in the midfield. and their back line looks incompetent.

xbhaskarx

daoster said:
BTW, I didn't see the line up...who's the back four for USA?

Howard
Cherundolo - DeMerit - Goodson - Bocanegra
Donovan - Bradley - Clark - Dempsey
Findley - Buddle

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Findley :-(

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
timetokill said:
Is this a smaller field than usual? Or is the ball just fast? Because it feels like everything is moving pretty quickly
ball and super fresh grass

daegan

Get the mistakes in now, boys. A miss like that when it counts and Findley will have the whole country jumping down his throat

Oozer3993

I said a week ago in the World Cup thread that Edson Buddle was going to surprise people at this World Cup. He's starting early :D

xbhaskarx

mikeybwright said:
I already hate those damn 'bzzzzz' horns, who on Earth thought those were a good idea.

Couldn't they decrease the level of sound coming from the crowd relative to the commentators?
Otherwise this is going to get really annoying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom