• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascii42

xbhaskarx said:
Go post this exact message in the World Cup thread without first reading the OP of either this thread or that one.
My apologies. I can't believe I missed it. Awesome OP by the way.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
any reason Bradley the elder started Clark? he wasn't as terrible as he was vs. Turkey, but still. the only thing i can think of was a bit of duplicity for the (hopeful) Edu-Bradley pairing against England.

yeah ESPN, we don't need a breakdown of the first half, just mindless masturbatory pieces and a horrible U2 song.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
do they turn down the crowd volume to lessen the effect of the vuvuzelas? b/c i can barely hear any cheers ever even after the goals

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
why would you even keep dempsey out after the first challenge really. no need. especially after the second one where they are clearly going after him for whatever reason

scorcho

Findley as a change of pace impact super happy sub confirmed.

wow. that was a horrible first touch/trap attempt by Demps

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
AstroLad said:
well i guess it's a good skill to develop to be able to win ugly games where you're playing like crap
Its the English way, learn from us :D

scorcho

xbhaskarx said:
The pitch can't be this bad in the actual stadiums, can it?
hopefully not.

well gee, like that isn't the perfect summation of Findley's day.

edit: what the hell Findley?!?!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
last goal even. still a fairly ugly game but a win is a win. as harkes said it's very important to get at least a point out of this. and getting 3 points going into the match vs. england is really great no matter how they did it

scorcho

AstroLad said:
last goal even. still a fairly ugly game but a win is a win. as harkes said it's very important to get at least a point out of this. and getting 3 points going into the match vs. england is really great no matter how they did it

you'redoingitwrong.gif

daoster

Good game for the USA, it should build a lot of confidence for next week's game.

BRING ON ENGLAND, THE YANKS ARE COMING, history's about to REPEAT~!

AstroLad said:

What's up with these points for friendlies? 3 points for a friendly that means nothing once the WC starts?

I assumed John Harkes was just saying whatever retarded shit came to mind, like always.

methodman

Banned
daoster said:
Good game for the USA, it should build a lot of confidence for next week's game.

BRING ON ENGLAND, THE YANKS ARE COMING, history's about to REPEAT~!
Ah yeah. Can't fuckin wait. I'm going on a vacation to Napa Valley (Wine Tasting) from San Jose, but I got my iPhone + Justin.TV app lol. Hopefully we get there at half or before.

xbhaskarx

mikeybwright said:
Donavon has been nothing short of perfect these past few matches. The second half was spotty for the US, but walking out with a win should be good enough. :D
Donovan has been great in Everton, then LA, and the last few with the US team. This is really his time to shine, hopefully he takes full advantage of it.

In terms of the second half, I hate to make excuses but the sun dropped down low into their eyes, something the Aussies didn't have to deal with in the first half. Plus that's not a problem in a proper stadium.

xbhaskarx

sw33tclyde said:
What's up with these points for friendlies? 3 points for a friendly that means nothing once the WC starts?

I assumed John Harkes was just saying whatever retarded shit came to mind, like always.

Harkes is on my brain's ignore list.

methodman said:
Ah yeah. Can't fuckin wait. I'm going on a vacation to Napa Valley (Wine Tasting) from San Jose, but I got my iPhone + Justin.TV app lol. Hopefully we get there at half or before.

I was just in Napa last weekend.

daoster

@methodman: Where can I find a larger size pic of your avatar? I've seen that picture randomly around the web, but when I want to find it, I can't!

xbhaskarx

daoster said:
@methodman: Where can I find a larger size pic of your avatar? I've seen that picture randomly around the web, but when I want to find it, I can't!

Well it's certainly not in the OP of this very thread, that would be far too convenient.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
This is cool that they put on lots of soccer programming after the game. Fat Americans hoping for bowling must be blowing their brains out right now, after writing letters to the editor. Can't wait for next week. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom