• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Super-Fan.gif

Mentally preparing myself for these sons of bitches. G FOR GLORIOUS REVENGE.

You guys are a bunch of whiny wimps. It's like you don't believe in our guys.

"Fuuucckkk, we've already lost! boo hoo hoo"

Nevermind that bullshit. You gotta face tough competition eventually, what difference does it make if it's in the group stage or if it's in the elimination stages.

EDIT: Just saw Portugal. Nevermind, we're fucked. lol

xbhaskarx

Group G: Germany, Ghana, US, Portugal.... I had a feeling we'd end up in a Group of Death.

But hey at least we'll have "the worst travel schedule, almost 9,000 miles"!

Meier

Cancel your flights, your hotel, etc. It isn't worth spending 10 grand or something to watch us get our shit absolutely pushed in. :lol

I dunno... these 'group of death' groups usually fuck a team that is in the better half of the group. We could be the team that fucks over Germany or Portugal!

You know, as much as I want vengeance on Ghana, I'd really love to see Ghana and US advance from that group as a big F U to Europe.

I say this with Germany being my favorite non-USA national team to watch too.

It's also good that the USMNT plays Germany last, so it's possible that they're already qualified for the knockout phase at that point.

Meier

- Updated SPI odds with the groups decided

USMNT at 39.4% chance to get out of the group, which is a lot higher than I would have put it. Even if it's something like 33%, we still have a puncher's chance. Hopefully the trans-Atlantic travel screws with the European teams like usual.

Seems like it is based solely on their country rank. And we know that the rankings don't mean much. There is no one who would give Costa Rica more than a 1% chance to get out of their group and they're showing 25%. England with a better chance than Italy? No way.

We drew the worst travel distance possible: 8866 miles round-trip between the three sites, including the one that Klinnsman said he didn't want. Fuck. I call shenanigans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom