• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.
bradley.png
bradley.png
bradley.png

bradley.png
bradley.png
bradley.png

donavan-mario.jpg

Fuck Algeria, Go USA.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
So nervous. Sucks I'll be following it on the computer at work :(

Go USA!

Get'sMad

Man I really should have brought a flask into the office to have a lil something to slip into my coffee while watching this game on my computer.....

Slizz

Had one thing to do today since it was my day off. Mow my lawn. Done. Joint, rolled. Ready for this fucking matchhhhhh

Daigoro said:
Bob knows that you dont all of a sudden play in a new formation that you havent practiced and the players arent familiar with (when playing as a team) unless you need to (see 10 minutes of the Slovenia game when down 2-0).

how is 3 in the midfield going to help our defensive issues again?

It's not. It's going to help our scoring, which we've had none of while playing Bob's bullshi schemes.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Onyewu isn't in the starting lineup. I don't know how I feel about this.

Today's lineup is Howard; Cherundolo, DeMerit, Bocanegra (c), Bornstein; Donovan, Bradley, Edu, Dempsey; Gomez, Altidore

Besides the whole Bornstein/Onyewu switch, I like this lineup. :D

NoRéN

sw33tclyde said:
Yessssssss Goochie isn't starting, Bornstein for him,
Edu for Torres and Gomes for Findley

I'm liking this line-up, USA USA USA
o_O

Bornstein, please don't add Algeria to the list of countries you've gifted goals to.

Judderman said:
Onyewu isn't in the starting lineup...FUCK.

Today's lineup is Howard; Cherundolo, DeMerit, Bocanegra (c), Bornstein; Donovan, Bradley, Edu, Dempsey; Gomez, Altidore

:lol at you cursing that Onyewu isn't in. Dude was basura the last two games.

Hercules is starting? Wow.

NoRéN said:
o_O

Bornstein, please don't add Algeria to the list of countries you've gifted goals to.

Goochie has been shit this WC, he's not 100% at all. I was worried before the Slovenia match, mainly at his comments about willing to play for no pay at AC Milan, but after giving those 2 goals away I've lost faith in him.

Hopefully Bornstein won't put my foot in mouth today..

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
These refs again, and this is supposed to be a good one?

Just get Nick Patrick in here and call it a day.

Get'sMad

Mad we couldn't knock one of those chances in..........

I'm going nuts here at work. Don't know if I should knock back that 5 Hour Energy as I'm already tapping my foot at about 500000 bpm.

Too many missed attempts, and lackadaisical defense.

USA got lucky this first half, but they'll need to WAKE THE FUCK UP in the second if they don't want to go home.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Why does Bradley hate Buddle so much? Guarantee you Buddle would have buried at least one of those, if not more.

Also, another foreign ref screws the U.S. Color me not surprised. U.S. has two opponents each match.

NoRéN

Over there, over there!
Send the word, send the word, over there!
That the refs are going, the refs are going,
The refs are going to blow a call...

Ducarmel

Group Winners Baby.

High Fives, Chest/Fist Pumps, Hugs All Around.

Now to face the unlucky bastards out of Group D.

Go Team U.S.A.

NoRéN

Felt like dying so many times!!! We did it!

Donovan's really been using this world cup to fuck the haters in the face!!!!

And fuck Algeria. Looks like they were happy to go out and take US with them.

So epic. I wish I had been in a bar watching this or something...it would've been awesome to flip out with people who cared about it.

America really needs stuff like this to make soccer worthwhile to the country as a whole. Keep it up, USMNT!

Brashnir

I think I had seventeen heart attacks. I don't think I could handle a run deep into the tournament at this rate.

If the results work out well for us later today, we could have two winnable games to reach the semis. I'd lose my shit if we made it that far.

Furret

Banned
AstroLad said:
Why does Bradley hate Buddle so much? Guarantee you Buddle would have buried at least one of those, if not more.

Also, another foreign ref screws the U.S. Color me not surprised. U.S. has two opponents each match.

You think it'd be fairer if the ref was American?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Spectactular. This WC is playing out like a dream for ESPN in terms of the dramatic way the U.S. is playing.

Would love it to be either Germany or Ghana to revenge bullshit calls against both teams (plus Ghana are by far my least favorite African side) but it will probably be Serbia. Or even maybe Australia! :lol

GhaleonQ

AstroLad said:

I don't know. Algeria was sloppy and hacking as soon as they tired, but a few of our free kicks near the end were momentum-boosting and questionable. Still, U-S-A.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
GhaleonQ said:
I don't know. Algeria was sloppy and hacking as soon as they tired, but a few of our free kicks near the end were momentum-boosting and questionable. Still, U-S-A.
All of the ones I saw on replay were pretty clear fouls, and there could have even been a few more cards given possibly. And of course the punch in the face, which was about 10x worse than what Zidane did, but w/e. The offside was very rough coming off the Slovenia robbery but as Donovan said it's just the American spirit to say ok that sucks but get over it, so I can abide by that.

VERY glad U.S. and ENG got through. Had Slovenia gotten through it would have been a total travesty.

Davedough

I just wanted to pop in here and blow my vuvuzela

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

ok... Top 16 baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom