• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the bright side is we got a bunch of young strikers who will be mature for the next cycle. Hopefully Jozy spends some more time on loan and develops along with Gomez..

He's promising but so freaking frustrating.

Hopefully we get Donovan/Dempsey for one more cycle too.

Here's to 2014.

Great run US.

I posted this in the WC thread, but Im placing it here for those of you who want to go out and support your local teams.

----

MLS is back from the world cup break. Obviously, their biggest name players are still not home yet, but there are some matches tonight. Donovan may play for the Galaxy as soon as next weekend.

USA - Major League Soccer
June 26
19:30 Columbus Crew ? - ? DC United
19:30 Toronto FC ? - ? Los Angeles Galaxy
20:30 Houston Dynamo ? - ? Colorado Rapids
20:30 Kansas City Wizards ? - ? New York Red Bulls
22:30 CD Chivas USA ? - ? FC Dallas[/QUOTE]

And I wanted to add that the US Open Cup enters the round of 16 this Tuesday/Wednesday.

The US Open cup is open to EVERY team in the country, that is, you and your buddies can sign up, qualify through your region, and if youre good enough, eventually go head to head with Donovan and Beckham. On the 29th, for example, The Red Bulls take on a 3rd division side (Harrisburg City Islanders). All the amateur and semi-pro teams have been eliminated.

US media provides absolutely no coverage of the tournament because they believe US viewers cannot understand two distinct tournaments happening in the same season. The tournament is run by the US soccer association, not MLS, so MLS doesnt really advertise it either.

As such, I find the best way to find scores is found here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Lamar_Hunt_U.S._Open_Cup#Open_Cup_bracket

If your city does not have an MLS team, you might find the lower division team has progressed in this tournament.

Crisis

Banned
onemic said:
How can you be sure it didn't happen the other way round when they didn't win.:lol Ghana played very well and only started wasting time during the end of OT. If the US was in the same position Ghana was they'd do the exact same thing. They may have even been worse. And you're delusional if you truly think otherwise.

And the way Ghana wasted time is absolutely nothing compared to most soccer teams. Watch an Italy or a Portugal game and see the way they play when they are winning. Don't start hating a team because you're butthurt your team lost. Because at the end of the day that's what it ultimately boils down to.

How am I sure that the US didn't waste time? Because the US never lead the entire match, you fuckwit. What the hell would they have wasted time for? I'd love to hear you cite one specific time where the US wasted time the way Ghana did today. The US wastes time with useless passes, not by flopping to the ground and calling for a stretcher. You should fuck off and go troll somewhere else.

Onemic

Crisis said:
How am I sure that the US didn't waste time? Because the US never lead the entire match, you fuckwit. What the hell would they have wasted time for? I'd love to hear you cite one specific time where the US wasted time the way Ghana did today. The US wastes time with useless passes, not by flopping to the ground and calling for a stretcher. You should fuck off and go troll somewhere else.

:lol :lol

Calling me a fuckwit? Clearly someones butthurt. Keep it up, I'm loving it.

And I don't think you understood what I've said when I posted. I stated that I'm 100% sure that if the US was in the same position as Ghana(As in leading 2-1 with only 10 or so min of OT left, in case you need some assistance) they would waste time. I don't know how you misunderstood that with me saying that the US also tried wasting time that match.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
(this coming from someone who played soccer as a kid/teen, casual soccer watcher)
Very entertaining game. However, the "games" played in soccer will always dampen its popularity in the US. The dawdling, flopping, no replay. Stop the time when the ball goes out, stop the time when someone is faking an injury/legit injured. Yeah yeah, that's how it's always been played. Things evolve. The presentation is obviously a ton better as there isn't a commercial break every two seconds ala american football.

This is not bitter tears from me, as I'd be irritated if the US did it as well.

Crisis

Banned
onemic said:
:lol :lol

Calling me a fuckwit? Clearly someones butthurt. Keep it up, I'm loving it.

And I don't think you understood what I've said when I posted. I stated that I'm 100% sure that if the US was in the same position as Ghana(As in leading 2-1 with only 10 or so min of OT left, in case you need some assistance) they would waste time. I don't know how you misunderstood that with me saying that the US also tried wasting time that match.

I think you need to learn how to actually speak English if you intend on posting in it. I know exactly what you wrote and I have it quoted. Do you have any recollection of what you wrote? You asked me how I was sure that the US didn't waste time in this match. In THIS match. Here's what you wrote:

illiterate dumbass said:
How can you be sure it didn't happen the other way round when they didn't win.

Let's break it down for the illiterate (that'd be you).

You asked me how I can be sure it didn't happen in this match. That's the first part of your question. The second part is "when they didn't win." That part is irrelevant to the question as a whole.

And again, I'll respond that I know it didn't happen because the United States was either losing or tied for the entire duration of the game. There is literally no incentive whatsoever to waste time if you are losing or tied in a game where someone has to win. Not to mention anyone who watched the game and accused the US of wasting time is without question a retard.

Secondly if you're trying to imply that the US has wasted time the way that Ghana did today, I would absolutely love to see you prove it. Sincerely. It would seem that you're not nearly as confident as you were since you're down from 10000% sure. I have never witnessed the US flop to the ground and fake an injury so as to bring the stretchers out and waste well over three minutes of time. The Italians would be proud of that bullshit. The worst I've seen the US do in the way of wasting time is kicking useless passes around. So to reiterate, go troll somewhere else, dumbass.

East Lake

alr1ghtstart said:
(this coming from someone who played soccer as a kid/teen, casual soccer watcher)
Very entertaining game. However, the "games" played in soccer will always dampen its popularity in the US. The dawdling, flopping, no replay. Stop the time when the ball goes out, stop the time when someone is faking an injury/legit injured. Yeah yeah, that's how it's always been played. Things evolve. The presentation is obviously a ton better as there isn't a commercial break every two seconds ala american football.

There's obvious reasons for the difference but I always found it interesting that at the highest level the sportsmanship is at the absolute worst, whereas the low level competition is much more fair. I think along with the "way it has always been" angle most fans are simply content with it, you can see that with how the bs is rationalized with a lot of long time fans. But yeah, it's always interesting to see a new viewer's reaction to this stuff, the game becomes something to laugh at.

daoster

Alright guys, lets all be lovers and friends, and lets move past this game. There are a lot of things to discuss:

- Bradley - Does he stay or does he go? Not what YOU guys want (as I'm sure you guys want him to go), but do you think he WILL go? (either by choice, or Sunil replaces him).
- If Bradley does go, who would you want to replace him?
- Who from this squad will return for 2014, and for whom was this World Cup their last?
- Who that isn't on this squad (besides the obvious CD9) will play a factor in 2014?
- And really, whose coming up the pipeline for us next? Who's the next Landon Donovan or Clint Dempsey?

Onemic

Crisis said:
I think you need to learn how to actually speak English if you intend on posting in it. I know exactly what you wrote and I have it quoted. Do you have any recollection of what you wrote? You asked me how I was sure that the US didn't waste time in this match. In THIS match. Here's what you wrote:

Let's break it down for the illiterate (that'd be you).

You asked me how I can be sure it didn't happen in this match. That's the first part of your question. The second part is "when they didn't win." That part is irrelevant to the question as a whole.

And again, I'll respond that I know it didn't happen because the United States was either losing or tied for the entire duration of the game. There is literally no incentive whatsoever to waste time if you are losing or tied in a game where someone has to win. Not to mention anyone who watched the game and accused the US of wasting time is without question a retard.

Secondly if you're trying to imply that the US has wasted time the way that Ghana did today, I would absolutely love to see you prove it. Sincerely. It would seem that you're not nearly as confident as you were since you're down from 10000% sure. I have never witnessed the US flop to the ground and fake an injury so as to bring the stretchers out and waste well over three minutes of time. The Italians would be proud of that bullshit. The worst I've seen the US do in the way of wasting time is kicking useless passes around. So to reiterate, go troll somewhere else, dumbass.

Like I said you're clearly butthurt, so all your insults you're trying to throw at me honestly make me laugh even more, so keep doing it, as its obviously getting you more pissed off than it is me.

Now lets go back to the beginning shall we? In the very beginning I stated

I'm 10000% sure you guys would say nothing if it was the other way round.

Now I forgot to put the if in there as I was typing quick,(and was posting on another forum) but even then I'm pretty sure anyone would have added that small missing word in themselves, as the sentence wouldn't make much sense without it. Now with that original post your whole argument that I was talking about the US wasting time that match is thrown out the door, but lets go further shall we?

You then chimed in with your clearly distraught self and stated that I meant the US was also wasting time in the match, to which I made another random blunder:

How can you be sure it didn't happen the other way round when they didn't win

Now of course unlike my first error this one can be misinterpreted as me stating that the US was also wasting time that match. However if you read the rest of my post it clearly insulates that what I meant to say was "wouldn't" as nothing I talked about throughout that post details what the US did that match, but rather how if the US was in the same situation as Ghana they too would have wasted time.

You then continued to be up in rage and called me a fuckwit and continued to argue about something that I was never talking about in the first place. I of course tried summing up what I meant in the next post, but you wouldn't have any of that. It then leaves us to what we have right now.

So my bad for my 2 random grammatical errors that seemed to have led you to believe I was talking about something completely different. but hey, if you you still wanna act butthurt, by all means go ahead. I still love you man.

NH Apache

Banned
Too bad for the US. I can accept that we have a weak defense, but that means that our offense has to push much harder. With Ghana coming out with 5 halfbacks, we had to realize that they were going to use their strength, speed and endurance, and modify our plan accordingly. This is why we had reduced posession. One would say that, in that respect, it was a coaching error. I like Bradley. I like his demeanor. But this is a serious error that may be too big to overlook.

Good cup boys, and I can't wait to see the up and coming talent over the next four years. With all the people we have here and all the kids that currently play, I have to expect that there is a phenom somewhere in the junior leagues out there.

onemic said:
Hatersgonnahate.gif

I'm 10000% sure you guys would say nothing if it was the other way round.

This is also obligatory

http://i45.tinypic.com/5x1ldi.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=onemic]How can you be sure it didn't happen the other way round when they didn't win.:lol Ghana played very well and only started wasting time during the end of OT. If the US was in the same position Ghana was they'd do the exact same thing. They may have even been worse. And you're delusional if you truly think otherwise.

And the way Ghana wasted time is absolutely nothing compared to most soccer teams. Watch an Italy or a Portugal game and see the way they play when they [I]are [/I]winning. Don't start hating a team because you're butthurt your team lost. Because at the end of the day that's what it ultimately boils down to.[/QUOTE]

Homeslice, have you seen the title of the thread? This is blatant trolling, unnecessary and makes me just not like you. One would hope that there are consequences for your poor judgement.

Edit: Seriously, GTFO of this thread.

I just noted this in the other thread, but I'm just really bummed at the selection of Clark and Findlay again to start the match. Findlay again showed he's not a finisher and adds little else and Clark just isn't very good. Disappointing but the US put up a good fight and overall it was a good tournament I think. Too bad about that central defense fucking up so many times, it finally burned them

Mindlog

daoster said:
Alright guys, lets all be lovers and friends, and lets move past this game. There are a lot of things to discuss:

- Bradley - Does he stay or does he go? Not what YOU guys want (as I'm sure you guys want him to go), but do you think he WILL go? (either by choice, or Sunil replaces him).
- If Bradley does go, who would you want to replace him?
- Who from this squad will return for 2014, and for whom was this World Cup their last?
- Who that isn't on this squad (besides the obvious CD9) will play a factor in 2014?
- And really, whose coming up the pipeline for us next? Who's the next Landon Donovan or Clint Dempsey?

-He will go. To give his son a better chance at winning something.
-Rex Ryan
-CD9, lots of others (I know who I want to see back, ut I have to check their ages.)
-Lebron James
-Tim Teabow

I'm still a little buzzed.

I finally understand the chair thing. As soon as I heard the starting lineup I grabbed mine before I realized what I was doing :lol Starting Clark was awesome. There were a couple of other exasperated expressions in the crowd and some dejected pre-game shrug nods.

Crisis said:
That last part I think is the obvious part to everyone. Ghana will get tired out. Bradley intends to try to strike while it's hot, so to speak. I just hope that they can hold any goals off.

Hopefully he had some rationale there. The Ghana(n?) team is quite young though so it seems a bit wishful.

Overall, despite some chicanery I wish the Black Stars the best. They have some great young players. I hope they get the coaching they need to become the power they should be in the coming cups.

Something seemed off with Altidore. That was as big a downer as anything else.
I feel bad for Donovan. He didn't have his best game either, but he reminds me of Lebron's situation. If Lebron has an off night the Cavs automatically lose.
:sadbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:

Howard was worried about the cross. I can't be too mad at him, but he still should have probably gaahhhhhhhhh.
Dempsey was the blue collar guy. HE really got knocked around this tournament, but he played well. I'll be looking for his distance stats.

NH Apache said:
Too bad for the US. I can accept that we have a weak defense, but that means that our offense has to push much harder. With Ghana coming out with 5 halfbacks, we had to realize that they were going to use their strength, speed and endurance, and modify our plan accordingly. This is why we had reduced posession. One would say that, in that respect, it was a coaching error. I like Bradley. I like his demeanor. But this is a serious error that may be too big to overlook.

As a fellow AFC East fan.

Bradley = Eric Mangini.

You just outlined why that is. Don't equivicate by saying why he should have done thi..no.

He had the wrong game plan for almost all the games. and his 2006 cinderella season ended with Africa's last hope.

Crisis

Banned
onemic said:
Like I said you're clearly butthurt, so all your insults you're trying to throw at me honestly make me laugh even more, so keep doing it, as its obviously getting you more pissed off than it is me.

Now I forgot to put the if in there as I was typing quick,(and was posting on another forum) but even then I'm pretty sure anyone would have added that small missing word in themselves, as the sentence wouldn't make much sense without it. Now with that original post your whole argument that I was talking about the US wasting time that match is thrown out the door, but lets go further shall we?

You then chimed in with your clearly distraught self and stated that I meant the US was also wasting time in the match, to which I made another random blunder:

Now of course unlike my first error this one can be misinterpreted as me stating that the US was also wasting time that match. However if you read the rest of my post it clearly insulates that what I meant to say was "wouldn't" as nothing I talked about throughout that post details what the US did that match, but rather how if the US was in the same situation as Ghana they too would have wasted time.

You then continued to be up in rage and called me a fuckwit and continued to argue about something that I was never talking about in the first place. I of course tried summing up what I meant in the next post, but you wouldn't have any of that. It then leaves us to what we have right now.

So my bad for my 2 random grammatical errors that seemed to have led you to believe I was talking about something completely different. but hey, if you you still wanna act butthurt, by all means go ahead. I still love you man.

Thanks for explaining in detail your inability to write legibly TWICE. I would argue that by doing so that your fuckwit status is confirmed. I also like how you "quoted" yourself, then added what you "meant" to say. So I'll stick with "Learn2English" and go troll somewhere else, you illiterate dumbass.

NH Apache

Banned
GitarooMan said:
I just noted this in the other thread, but I'm just really bummed at the selection of Clark and Findlay again to start the match. Findlay again showed he's not a finisher and adds little else and Clark just isn't very good. Disappointing but the US put up a good fight and overall it was a good tournament I think. Too bad about that central defense fucking up so many times, it finally burned them

Yup. I was very disappointed with Clark's performance, as I'm sure most fans were. To miss the opportunity to stop the dude, and then get the yellow (really a lack of effort penalty) shows some his character and honestly, as a coach, I wouldn't want someone with that character on the team, let alone start. Edu has impressed me bigtime, with effort alone.

I have seen far too much walking around the field in this cup by the Americans. I would like to see an effort similar to S Korea, always pacing after the ball and I am sure that we have the right talent somewhere to create this team.

An idea of a blue collar, busting ass 24-7 team would make up for a talent difference, IMO. This is why I like players like little Bradley, always making the effort to create opportunities. We also had issues with finishing passes, which was compounded by Ghana's speed and desire to win.

I do not like the flopping whatsoever and I believe that the ref did not do enough to stop it. In the opening rounds, FIFA should have issued reds for such behavior to indicate that it would not be tolerated in the rest of the tournament. Unfortunately, it is too late for that now as we are in single elimination time and it would affect outcomes by too much.

Crisis said:
Thanks for explaining in detail your inability to write legibly TWICE. I would argue that by doing so that your fuckwit status is confirmed. I also like how you "quoted" yourself, then added what you "meant" to say. So I'll stick with "Learn2English" and go troll somewhere else, you illiterate dumbass.

Dude, just ignore him. Let him dig his own grave.

Onemic

Crisis said:

:lol That I automatically can't write because I missed two words. Hey man, it's you that's taking this personally and not me. It's also becoming pretty clear now that you knew what I meant(Or simply read a fragment of what I posted) and just decided to go on a wild tangent anyway. But hey, don't worry, I won't hate you for it.

It also goes to show how childish you are for continuing to try and insult me(to which it's clearly not working) when I'm trying to rectify the situation. I still love you though.

All joking aside the US played a damn good match against Ghana. It's just a shame that some people take a loss so damn seriously.

leroidys

onemic said:

Come on man, this is a thread for supporters of the US team. Don't do this trolling bullshit in here.

Ghana brought their diving team, not their football team. All jokes aside, I hope Bob Bradley learned his lesson about Ricardo Clark, he really messed up today

NH Apache

Banned
talisayNon said:
As a fellow AFC East fan.

Bradley = Eric Mangini.

You just outlined why that is. Don't equivicate by saying why he should have done thi..no.

He had the wrong game plan for almost all the games. and his 2006 cinderella season ended with Africa's last hope.

I should have been more clear: I like his personality and his demeanor. I do not agree with his coaching decisions. I do like your comparison though. What I was getting at was that many teams recognize their strong points; Bradley failed to do so. A 3-5-2 would be more effective for our playstyle and talent.

Crisis

Banned
onemic said:
:lol that I automatically can't write because I missed two words. Hey man it's you that's taking this personally and not me. It's also becoming pretty clear now that you knew what I meant and just decided to go on a wild tangent anyway. But hey, don't worry, I won't hate you for it.

It also goes to show how childish you are for continuing to try and insult me(to which it's clearly not working) when I'm trying to rectify the situation. I still love you though.

All joking aside the US played a damn good match against Ghana. It's just a shame that some people take a loss so damn seriously.

No, dude. You can't write because those two words that you missed made what you said entirely different. You can quit pretending otherwise, too. But hey, don't worry about it. After all, I should be able to understand what you're saying regardless of what you did or didn't write. They're just words, after all. Fuck you. Wait, I meant to write "I love and forgive you for your illiteracy". I'm not taking anything personally. I'm just a little sick and tired of such an obviously poor trolling attempt. You can't call someone "childish" and then act like you're trying to "rectify the situation". That's not how that works. And I especially like that now that other people saw you trolling in here and called you out on it, you want to backtrack and act like you didn't mean anything by it. Seriously, fuck you and go troll somewhere else.

daoster

Player ratings from ESPN.

ESPN said:
Tim Howard, goalkeeper, 5 -- Gave up too much of his near post on Boateng's goal. He was otherwise solid in his handling, parrying away a free-kick from Gyan in the first half. Could do nothing about Gyan's strike in extra time.

Jonathan Bornstein, defense, 6.5 -- Another strong performance. Conceded a bit too much space out wide in the opening minutes, but was solid with his one-on-one defending throughout the match.

Carlos Bocanegra, defense, 6 -- Was the Americans' most consistent defender for much of the night, yet he was victimized by his club teammate Gyan on the game-winner.

Jay DeMerit, defense, 5 -- Miserable first half, much better second. DeMerit failed to close down Boateng on the goal. He also misplayed a ball late in the first half that gave Kwadwo Asamoah a great chance. Was much more composed in the second half.

Steve Cherundolo, defense, 5.5 -- Was given a torrid time by Andre Ayew early but got forward more as the game went on. Overall, Cherundolo had an outstanding tournament.

Clint Dempsey, midfield, 7 -- Worked his socks off to spark the U.S. attack, setting up Findley with a clear chance in the first half. Was a handful when moved up top and won the Americans' penalty.

Ricardo Clark, midfield, 3 -- Started the same as against England, with a terrible early error that led to a goal. In this case he was stripped by Asamoah, which launched Boateng's run on goal. Being substituted after a mere 31 minutes summed up his night.

Michael Bradley, midfield, 6 -- Struggled initially against Boateng, but gradually came back into the game. The best U.S. chances often started with his tackles.

Landon Donovan, midfield, 6 -- Was forced to help defend often in a bid to limit Ayew's influence. Wasn't that effective going forward in the first half, but grew in influence in the second, especially on set pieces. Tucked away a pressure-packed penalty by kissing it off the post.

Jozy Altidore, forward, 5.5 -- His good moments were undone by poor touches and decisions. He was more of a physical presence in the second half, and nearly scored while on his back in the 80th minute.

Robbie Findley, forward, 4 -- Failed to convert on a glorious first-half chance after being set up by Dempsey, and never really tested Ghana with his speed. Subbed at half-time.

Subs:

Maurice Edu, midfield, 6 -- Solidified the midfield defensively, although his distribution was lacking at times. Still, he had more plusses than minuses.

Benny Feilhaber, forward, 6.5 -- Provided instant offense and was denied by a superb save from goalie Richard Kingson early in the second half. He was sharp with his touches as well and set up Dempsey for the penalty kick.

Herculez Gomez, 5 -- Tracked back impressively, but offered only flashes offensively in extra time.

NH Apache said:
I should have been more clear: I like his personality and his demeanor. I do not agree with his coaching decisions. I do like your comparison though. What I was getting at was that many teams recognize their strong points; Bradley failed to do so. A 3-5-2 would be more effective for our playstyle and talent.

Mangini to a tee bro :lol

examples:

passing when we should run
running when we should pass.

Zone coverage when we should be in man

forcing 3-4 when we had no nose tackle

citations:
2007 season

Wk 16 Seahawks 2008 season
Wk 17 Miami 2008 season
Wk 11 New England 2008 season

Onemic

leroidys said:
Come on man, this is a thread for supporters of the US team. Don't do this trolling bullshit in here.

How is that post in any way trolling? I'll admit I playfully jabbed at you guys a little bit in my original post a page back, but past that all I've been doing is explaining the fact that the US would have also wasted time if they were in the same position as Ghana that match. And me even having to explain that is due to one poster raging at me over nothing. Some people have just been taking things a little too seriously is all.

Like I said the US played a damn good match the whole way through. I was on edge all the way till the end.

Crisis said:
No, dude. You can't write because those two words that you missed made what you said entirely different. You can quit pretending otherwise, too. But hey, don't worry about it. After all, I should be able to understand what you're saying regardless of what you did or didn't write. They're just words, after all. Fuck you. Wait, I meant to write "I love and forgive you for your illiteracy". I'm not taking anything personally. I'm just a little sick and tired of such an obviously poor trolling attempt. You can't call someone "childish" and then act like you're trying to "rectify the situation". That's not how that works. And I especially like that now that other people saw you trolling in here and called you out on it, you want to backtrack and act like you didn't mean anything by it. Seriously, fuck you and go troll somewhere else.

I'm 10000% sure you guys would say nothing it was the other way round.

How does this make a lick of sense without "if" in there? Explain that to me now. Go.

Crisis

Banned
onemic said:
How is that post in any way trolling? I'll admit I playfully jabbed at you guys a little bit in my original post a page back, but past that all I've been doing is explaining the fact that the US would have also wasted time if they were in the same position as Ghana that match. And me even having to explain that is due to one poster raging at me over nothing. Some people have just been taking things a little too seriously is all.

Like I said the US played a damn good match the whole way through. I was on edge all the way till the end.

Oh don't pussy out now. You're already quoted multiple times in here. Stick with it, you fucking troll.

leroidys

onemic said:

Saying that the US played a good game does not retroactively make coming in here and arguing ridiculous points and calling people butthurt not trolling.

NH Apache

Banned
talisayNon said:
Mangini to a tee bro :lol

examples:

passing when we should run
running when we should pass.

Zone coverage when we should be in man

forcing 3-4 when we had no nose tackle

citations:
2007 season

Wk 16 Seahawks 2008 season
Wk 17 Miami 2008 season
Wk 11 New England 2008 season

Oops, I was going to reply pre-edit with the exact thing. hahaha

Thats what happens when you hire an OC as a head coach.

Onemic, stop. Get out.

Crisis

Banned
onemic said:
How does this make a lick of sense without "if" in there? Explain that to me now. Go.

Luckily I already covered myself if that had been what you meant.

Crisis said:
Two things - Are you really going to spam that picture in every single soccer/football thread? Secondly, I'm over 9000% sure that it DIDN'T happen the other way around. I have yet to see the US team dive at the extent that Ghana did today so quite frankly I can assure you there would have been a bunch of comments on it. That doesn't make what Ghana did okay. And that referee should have red-carded at least two of those fucks for it, and you know it.

Learn read and write and get the fuck out.

Onemic

leroidys said:
Saying that the US played a good game does not retroactively make coming in here and arguing ridiculous points and calling people butthurt not trolling.

umm... did you read the beginning of where this bullshit started? A guy(actually multiple posters) were shitting on Ghana for wasting time. I made a playful jab at US losing and went on to state that the US would have done the same thing if they were in Ghana's position. One poster exploded on me and I called him butthurt for such. If that's trolling then damn, the amount of trolls I've seen in Canadian threads must be pretty damn high.

Slappy967

Neo Member
jamesinclair said:
I posted this in the WC thread, but Im placing it here for those of you who want to go out and support your local teams.

And I wanted to add that the US Open Cup enters the round of 16 this Tuesday/Wednesday.

The US Open cup is open to EVERY team in the country, that is, you and your buddies can sign up, qualify through your region, and if youre good enough, eventually go head to head with Donovan and Beckham. On the 29th, for example, The Red Bulls take on a 3rd division side (Harrisburg City Islanders). All the amateur and semi-pro teams have been eliminated.

US media provides absolutely no coverage of the tournament because they believe US viewers cannot understand two distinct tournaments happening in the same season. The tournament is run by the US soccer association, not MLS, so MLS doesnt really advertise it either.

As such, I find the best way to find scores is found here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Lamar_Hunt_U.S._Open_Cup#Open_Cup_bracket

If your city does not have an MLS team, you might find the lower division team has progressed in this tournament.

Yeah I am still stunned into a mild form of mental illness that my team from the NASL
AC St. Louis are on a collision course with the LA Galaxy in the Open Cup. With Donovan and Buddle back our only chance is out the window! Too bad I can only watch the game online.

pakkit

Banned
Crisis said:
LEARN READ AND WRITE

Ghana was shameless after their second goal, but we let them get to that second point. Calling for red cards is idiocy, it's part of the game. Chill out, brah.

Crisis

Banned
onemic said:
umm... did you read the beginning of where this bullshit started? A guy(actually multiple posters) were shitting on Ghana for wasting time. I made a playful jab at US losing and went on to state that the US would have done the same thing if they were in Ghana's position. One poster exploded on me and I called him butthurt for such. If that's trolling then damn, the amount of trolls I've seen in Canadian threads must be pretty damn high.

You went to every single football/soccer thread you could find on the first few pages of GAF and posted that picture of the shark high-fiving the gorilla and writing "Fuck USA" or something like that. You edited it from this thread for the .gif that is there now after I called you out on it, so don't act like it was some random messing around thing. Then you proceeded to write things that are different from what you meant to say and blamed me for responding to them based on the way that you wrote them. Trust me, you're a fucking troll.

onemic said:

get the fuck out seriously go

Seep

gutter_trash said:
the dives in this game were nothing compared to the dives in other games.
it was quite tame IMO. and the ref was the 2nd best ref so far of the tourney .

and you had worst shit going on yesterday
1277496422531i1sy.gif

Chile players right knee hits Torres's right boot, boot catches his left leg which causes the "dive" complete accident no-ones fault.

Unlucky U.S. you played well.

Onemic

Crisis said:
I wonder where I got the idea for that?

:lol

Now you're clearly grasping at straws. Please dude, let it go.

I'm 10000% sure you guys would say nothing it was the other way round..

Are you kidding me? That makes absolutely no sense as two separate sentences. Maybe you should learn how to read.

Crisis

Banned
onemic said:
:lol

Now you're clearly grasping at straws. Please dude, let it go.

Nobody cares what you think. All you are is a shitty troll who thinks he's funny. You'll note that nobody else shares your enthusiasm or your opinion. You can believe what you want, but I'm not the person who "accidentally" left anything out of my sentences.

onemic said:
Are you kidding me? That makes absolutely no sense as two separate sentences. Maybe you should learn how to read.

And if you're going to pretend that I didn't post twice now my response to what you "meant" to write, you should probably realize that literally no one is buying your little act here.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
One thing I noticed the whole game was that the U.S. was not being aggressive at all. Would just passively let Ghanaian guys get to balls or even shove them to get to balls. I felt like it was going to bite them in the ass and it did. So easy to say in retrospect, but on a 50/50 ball like that with two U.S. defenders, no fucking ref on earth would call a penalty for any foul as long as you don't punch the guy in the face. I mean there were several times when the U.S. was attacking that Ghanaians just wrestled U.S. players down Slovenia-style, but you'd never expect a penalty even though it technically is. U.S. did very little of that.

Panda1

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:

if we changed it and made it fair we would have nothin to talk or moan about :) and what on earth would the press have to write about !

Crisis

Banned
AstroLad said:
One thing I noticed the whole game was that the U.S. was not being aggressive at all. Would just passively let Ghanaian guys get to balls or even shove them to get to balls. I felt like it was going to bite them in the ass and it did. So easy to say in retrospect, but on a 50/50 ball like that with two U.S. defenders, no fucking ref on earth would call a penalty for any foul as long as you don't punch the guy in the face. I mean there were several times when the U.S. was attacking that Ghanaians just wrestled U.S. players down Slovenia-style, but you'd never expect a penalty even though it technically is. U.S. did very little of that.

I think that a lot of that has to do with the likelihood that the US wouldn't typically have won challenges like that. Ghana is a very big and physical team.

Onemic

Crisis said:
Nobody cares what you think. All you are is a shitty troll who thinks he's funny. You'll note that nobody else shares your enthusiasm or your opinion. You can believe what you want, but I'm not the person who "accidentally" left anything out of my sentences.

Crisis said:

Crisis said:
And if you're going to pretend that I didn't post twice now my response to what you "meant" to write, you should probably realize that literally no one is buying your little act here.

There's no point quoting the second one as it's redundant. I already explained it half a page back, so why you're trying to bring it up again is beyond me. Unless you really want me to buy the fact that you thought my first post was two separate sentences, and if that's the case then I'd really have to question your ability to read properly

Crisis

Banned
onemic said:
There's no point quoting the second one as it's redundant. I already explained it half a page back, so why you're trying to bring it up again is beyond me. Unless you really want me to buy the fact that you thought my first post was two separate sentences, and if that's the case then I'd really have to question your ability to read properly

Hey guy. Two things. First, I purposely left it out, if you didn't figure that out by now. Because it's cool to do things like that, according to you. You seemed able to figure out that I left something out quickly enough, so I don't understand exactly what the hell your issue is with your own posts.

Second, YOU brought it up. Here it is AGAIN.

onemic said:

Jesus Christ. Where are the fucking mods at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom