• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefro

You'd think the US would work on nothing but passing for a few years.

It's just like the World Cup when everyone's trying to do one on one moves and kick up prayer balls instead of maintaining possession.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Well, at least you guys are trying to play and not just pack the defense.

LQX

They should just a have a real fight for the remainder. I bet the US would win as Spain doesn't look that tough.

Pre

Ream looks dreadfully out of position. I like his skill set but I question if he's ready for the speed of international soccer. At this point I think Bob has to be leaning toward starting Goodson in the Gold Cup.

xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx said:
Who gets the blame there, Ream? Lichaj?

First one: Onyewu? Ream?
MLS_Analyst Matthew Doyle
Neither goal the fault of the central defense. First was Jones not tracking to cover the gap, second was Lichaj playing Negredo onside.

I don't know, Ream sure seems to be involved in both goals...

xbhaskarx

Pre said:
Ream looks dreadfully out of position. I like his skill set but I question if he's ready for the speed of international soccer. At this point I think Bob has to be leaning toward starting Goodson in the Gold Cup.

Goodson is looking great, I don't think there's any doubt he starts in the Gold Cup, especially over Ream. But who is the second CB: Onyewu, Ream? Given how bad they're both looking hopefully Bocanegra, which means Bornstein at LB.

NoRéN

Another great performance so far by Ream.

I did love the commentating earlier. Sergio Ramos, thats the guy that droppedthe Copa del Rey.

Hootie

DUoph.jpg

Pre

While we're on the subject of young defenders, when is Bob going to give Omar Gonzalez his shot? He doesn't have Ream's skill on the ball but he's a better defender.

xbhaskarx

Obviously Michael Bradley is the problem with our central midfield, I mean just look how awesome the pairing of Jones-Edu looks!!

xbhaskarx

Pre said:
While we're on the subject of young defenders, when is Bob going to give Omar Gonzalez his shot? He doesn't have Ream's skill on the ball but he's a better defender.

Frankly I don't think he would fare any better and possibly worse...

Pre

Post from Big Soccer:

"If this were a Disney movie, this is when Landon strides into the field, limping, asks for a uniform, and scores four."

I lol'd.

NoRéN

xbhaskarx said:
Frankly I don't think he would fare any better and possibly worse...
If I remember correctly, you were one of those providing hype fr Ream. Meanwhile it doesn't seem like you've never like Gonzalez. At this point, if Ream keeps being used despite his performances, Gonzalez at least deserves a shot.

And where the fuck is Chandler?

sad display, Agudelo and Lichaj are the only ones showing any life and skill. I'm starting to not like this Jermaine Jones guy even more every game I see him, is it too late to return his ass to Germany? And don't get me started on Tim Ream, somebody wake him up out there, he reacts late to everything, I already don't like him because of my club allegiance, but he doesn't have to fuck up my national team too

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Horrible game so far to watch but I expected it. That would have been excellent trolling by Robbie Rogers if he had not blown his chance.

NoRéN

TheVisualizer said:
sad display, Agudelo and Lichaj are the only ones showing any life and skill. I'm starting to not like this Jermaine Jones guy even more every game I see him, is it too late to return his ass to Germany? And don't get me started on Tim Ream, somebody wake him up out there, he reacts late to everything, I already don't like him because of my club allegiance, but he doesn't have to fuck up my national team too
Jones has played better when paired with Bradley.

xbhaskarx

YanksAreComing The Yanks Are Coming
Ream scorched on two goals but what makes that more upsetting is Edu/Jones track back indifference.

^ this is pretty much how I saw that disastrous fifteen minutes...

NoRéN said:
If I remember correctly, you were one of those providing hype fr Ream. Meanwhile it doesn't seem like you've never like Gonzalez. At this point, if Ream keeps being used despite his performances, Gonzalez at least deserves a shot.

Actually, go back and look at the last time you were bashing Ream in this thread, I'm pretty sure I agreed that Ream was being overrated. I have never provided hype for Ream. I might have overhyped Agbossoumonde though...
My belief that Omar Gonzalez doesn't have what it takes at the international level has absolutely nothing to do with any Ream vs Gonzalez or NY vs LA nonsense.

NoRéN

sazabirules said:
Edu and Jones weren't defending very well and left too much space.
Definitely. But again, even edu has played better with Bradley on the field. So, US can't have a midfield without Bradley.

DominoKid

This is dumb. Why bother even scheduling this game if were gonna just watch them play. At least try. Damn.

If I was agudelo i'd be pissed to be in this shitshow right now.

xbhaskarx

The_Inquisitor said:
I confess I have not been following out national team like i should have been.

What the fuck is this shit?!

1. It's Spain, champions of Europe and the world, even their C team would have been very good.
2. No Donovan, Dempsey, Bradley, Cherundolo, Bocanegra...

DominoKid said:
If I was agudelo i'd be pissed to be in this shitshow right now.

He certainly looks like the only field player out there who is actually trying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom