• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US House votes to adopt AHCA (Republican health care); bill moves to Senate

Amir0x

Banned
Nothing happens here guys. We go to the Senate and destroy it. The end.

The Republican menace just gave us great attack ad material for no reason is all.

gcubed

i'll use a word we all hate... but... optics man. Rolling up celebratory beers while you pass a bill that is hated by almost everyone and will only get worse once the CBO actually scores it is... really fucking dumb

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Chant is good reminder that a lot of this is because they really hate Obama too.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
1 of the two democrats.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filemon_Vela,_Jr.

Oh I guess he pulled it back

Yeah, but the irony:

In July 2013, he decided to quit the Congressional Hispanic Caucus because of his opposition to the Hoeven-Corker Amendment that tied border security with a pathway to citizenship. He said “erecting more border fence drives a wedge between border communities which are culturally united.”[10][11]

zulux21

how unprofessional can you be... still chanting while trying to vote on stuff -_-

It was Dems singing it to the GOP because those fucks are killing all of their constituents and hopefully are all getting voted out for this shit. It's kinda stupid but anything that gets in their minds is fine I guess...

dems or repubs doesn't matter, my statement stands.

Jakoo

All this applause and none of these clowns even know what they passed or who will impacts. No CBO score, no public debate. Nothing.

Idiotic lemmings celebrating something they don't even understand.

sflufan

Banned
I think I can hear the champagne corks popping from DNC Headquarters from where I am in Northern VA.

This is the first "good" news they've had in a very long time!

Goodstyle

Fuck Democrats that are singing about this. Think of the people who'll lose their coverage, not the seats some politicians might lose.

Fuck everybody who voted yes.

I have a job with health care but I'm still absolutely sickened by this. No CBO score, but they don't care.

Will the CBO still review this now that it's going to the Senate?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Fuck everybody who voted yes.

I have a job with health care but I'm still absolutely sickened by this. No CBO score, but they don't care.

Will the CBO still review this now that it's going to the Senate?

Oh don't worry, they'll fuck you anyway

The town halls need to be absolute murder for these guys. I mean besides how terrible the bill actually is, to not even get it scored (because version 1.0 scored so badly) so people can't know the most basic information shows how screwed our democracy is.

These people accomplished making themselves look like villains and nothing more. And they need to have the political weight of our country thrust upon their pathetic shoulders.

Debirudog

Man, they're not even subtle about being this petty and evil.

Literally chanting, singing and mocking. i hope these people get what's coming to them.

slit

... says increasingly nervous man.

No matter what you think, the Senate will change the bill, at that point the House has to revote, they barely got a bill through that THEY themselves created. What do you think happens when major changes are made?

Top Bottom