• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US House votes to adopt AHCA (Republican health care); bill moves to Senate

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
The democrats are the ones chanting, saying goodbye to those who voted yes

Extremely frustraiting if so. Still childish, and the cockyness is completely unearned when you have no recent victories to speak of.

Dierce

What were the pieces of shit republicans chanting. I don't have the stomach to look at their psychotic mugs or listen to them speak.

jmdajr

triple-h-angry.gif

Steejee

Given Trump's complete lack of understanding of government, I look forward to his tweets talking about how he expects it on his desk by Monday.

The sole positive with the (Cheering? Any joy republicans are expressing) is that it can be spliced with footage of the kids they've just killed.

This whole thing is disgusting.

I sometimes forget how ridiciulous the US is.

Having the words "In God we trust" in the fucking Congress is just so extremely weird

alternade

THEY WILL BLAME THE DEMOCRATS WHEN PEOPLE ARE DYING.

Watch them spin this shit when their constituents are dying in the streets.

"If Obamacare wasn't allowed to exist, we wouldn't have had to do this......."

3rdman

Lol at the dumb optics with Repubs acting like Obamacare is gone. God please Senate help us!

This (as I said) was the thing they are hanging their hat on...I doubt they'll ever be able to truly remove it...of course I thought Hillary would win too...

Based on the NYT link it passed by literally 1 vote? Sigh...are you shitting me, 1 fucking vote?

It would have passed by more, but a few Reps in purple districts probably begged for a favor.

Anyway, this is a complete shithouse, but at least now we have votes on record. 2018 will be a bloodbath.

Gutek

No matter what you think, the Senate will change the bill, at that point the House has to revote, they barely got a bill through that THEY themselves created. What do you think happens when major changes are made?

I think you guys underestimate how desperate the republicans are for a win. They'll do anything to make this pass. ANYTHING to make Obamacare not the law of the land.

Miracle

And we won't raise a peep about it either.

No one gives a shit. Its just going to happen.

We take everything for granted.

Pretty much.

We're too complacent now. Gone are the 60s/70s where people would actually protest and fight for rights. Now it's fuck liberty, give me an iPhone.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Call your Senators.
I just did.
One I actually got a guy, and he assured me she would vote no.
The other I left a message, but I fear will also be a case of "deaf ears"

Yep, they practically made sure as few Republicans as possible voted "yes." Moderate Republicans in swing districts were probably fighting to be one of the few allowed to vote "no."

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck Democrats that are singing about this. Think of the people who'll lose their coverage, not the seats some politicians might lose.

Seriously. How the hell is this a cause for celebration for anyone?

Top Bottom