• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US House votes to adopt AHCA (Republican health care); bill moves to Senate

HotHamBoy

Sorry that you have these disgusting motherfuckers creating laws, US. They seriously are selfish scumbags.

Yeah, well, this country worked as a team to hand them the power. Many individuals tried their best, but the combination of spite and apathy from the majority was too great.

slit

I think you guys underestimate how desperate the republicans are for a win. They'll do anything to make this pass. ANYTHING to make Obamacare not the law of the land.

I think you underestimate the dynamics of running for a Senate seat and running for a House seat.

Maxim726X

Im not nervous, maybe if I didnt understand our system i would be?

It won't pass in it's current form, but it has life now where before it had none.

And it's a political victory, though perhaps short lived, for the Trump administration. Don't like it when they win.

Boke1879

Fuck Democrats that are singing about this. Think of the people who'll lose their coverage, not the seats some politicians might lose.

Hey dems didn't vote for this bill. I'm giddy about the GOP doing this shit because the ads write themselves.

Let's stop worrying about shit that doesn't matter

iammeiam

Extremely frustraiting if so. Still childish, and the cockyness is completely unearned when you have no recent victories to speak of.

It's basically a moment to wordlessly just walk out in disappointment; that it got through even the House says a lot of really worrying shit about the state of the government. As far as I can tell it only even got revived because Trump was having a tantrum. It's worse than what failed before and got further.

You taunt the Republicans after you kick their ass; you don't do it in advance assuming a victory that in part relies on Americans remembering this shit in a couple years.

I still don't believe it'll pass the Senate, and those who voted yes just kissed their seats goodbye.

Still, infuriating that they voted for killing people.

Xe4

Banned
I think you guys underestimate how desperate the republicans are for a win. They'll do anything to make this pass. ANYTHING to make Obamacare not the law of the land.
3 republicans need to vote against this. And that's if it still goes through budget reconciliation, which isn't a guarantee.

Best case scenario for Republicans, they amend it, and it has to go back to the house.

louiedog

CBS News says the chanting is Dems singing "Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey Hey, Goodbye" mocking Republicans for torpedo-ing their 2018 campaigns.

Maybe they should figure out how to win the elections instead of wrongly assuming Americans will remember and care without strategically reminding them.

Sianos

I will never understand the HATE Republicans have and had for Obama.

This is all out of hate of Obama.

Wow.
"actually it's about ethics in economic anxiety"

and that's why so many republicans have voted to remove their access to healthcare

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Why would they even want more? They don't want it hanging around the neck of vulnerable members.

Indeed.

This is supposed to be an open secret, but guaranteed Trump brags later about how masterful it was to ensure it only passed by one vote.

pompidu

The government is not for you, it is for the people who hold office and corporations.

This is just another reminder that your representatives do not and never will give a shit about you.

HotHamBoy

It won't pass in it's current form, but it has life now where before it had none.

And it's a political victory, though perhaps short lived, for the Trump administration. Don't like it when they win.

It's only a win on paper, every time he touts this he will be declaring what a shitbag he is.

Dems were the ones singing, signaling to the Republicans that they're going to get fucked next year.

They better hope so. I'm definitely gonna help make it happen when I vote in the midterms. Republicans are nothing but pieces of trash, them and their tap dancing, both sides arguing, obtuse ass supporters.

The only thing that can defeat shit like this is information. Tell everyone concisely and clearly and don't over exaggerate or be dishonest in any way about this plan versus Obamacare.

If the average American actually understood the basics of what the Republicans are doing, they wouldn't have even gotten close to this. But because the Republicans just straight up lie about things and not enough people realize it they feel like they can get away with.

No fucking more goddammit.

Top Bottom