• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US official: Netanyahu "spat in our face"; "there will be a price"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mimosa97

You forgot the one where he said that all the lives combined of all palestinian kids weight less than one hair of an israeli soldier and that he would kill them all rather than risk the life of one israeli soldier.

He also said that Gaza should be wiped off the map. And that the western world should seriously think about destroying the Caaba in Mecca.

Sorry for the bad english but i read his statement in french and it was months ago. Well you got the general idea.

Dai101

Banned
You forgot the one where he said that all the lives combined of all palestinian kids weight less than one hair of an israeli soldier and that he would kill them all rather than risk the life of one israeli soldier.

He also said that Gaza should be wiped off the map. And that the western world should seriously think about destroying the Caaba in Mecca.

Sorry for the bad english but i read his statement in french and it was months ago. Well you got the general idea.

I just tried to post the most tame ones. Also to see that they don't only think of the Palestinian people as less than them but also the rest of the world too. You know, being the chosen people and all that.

WH:
"He spat in our face publicly and that’s no way to behave. Netanyahu ought to remember that President Obama has a year and a half left to his presidency, and that there will be a price.”
oooooohhhhh. a year and a haaaaaaaaaaalf.

Obama sending in James Taylor next?
Weak
ass
bike helmet-wearing

President.

hahahahahahahahaha I'm recording that into my brain for future use, too good

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I just tried to post the most tame ones. Also to see that they don't only think of the Palestinian people as less than them but also the rest of the world too. You know, being the chosen people and all that.
"They?"

Most Jews look at the "chosen people" thing as a position of responsibility, not privilege.

For those who want to know what this.......... person thinks:

About Arabs:

How about gay people?

How about women?

How about christians (and probably any other religion)?

What a loving and caring human being.
Even gamefaqs would ban his ass for posting that kind of poison.

056286-benjamin-netanyahu-at-the-un-e1380314686981.jpg

who could forget this one, lol

Dubi-Kaufman.jpg

c4b.jpg

2689060384.jpg

Are you really saying the Likud is a secular party ? Are you joking ?

All i need to know about the Likud is that there are guys like Moshe Feiglin in this party. And if you've ever read one statement of the lunatic, you'd know what kind of party the likud is. I know there are people from every background in the likud, religious, non-religious etc... It's a big melting-pot. But to say that the likud is a secular party is 100% false.

The thing is, you also say that the likud is a right-wing party when in fact if you look at it from a European viewpoint you'd know that the likud is more like a far-right party. I mean just look at the shit right-wing israeli politicians say ...

People in Israel are more and more radicalized (same maybe could be said about palestinians ...). A large majority of israelis hate Obama and this administration. The US supports every horrible action taken by the israli governement and all they get in return is hate.
They are a secular party. They are not a religious party. This isn't really a debatable point.

http://en.idi.org.il/tools-and-data/israeli-elections-and-parties/political-parties/likud

And its funny you bring up Moshe feiglin as a representative of lukid when he just announced he's leaving the party because he did horrible in the primaries. He got pushed out of the party because they didn't like him.

http://www.jta.org/2015/01/05/news-opinion/israel-middle-east/moshe-feiglin-leaving-likud

He's a dispicable human being but he's much farther out than the vast majority of his party which is headed by Bibi. If you want to criticize lukid use his many actions. There are plenty.

Mimosa97

I have to disagree with you on this. This is 100% false.

Being the " chosen people " doesn't mean they're above the rest of the world. This a misconception and a very slippery slope.

Edit : Ok you were talking about Feiglin. My bad.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Moshe Feiglin is a psychopath who was kicked out of the party and says he's going to start his own.

The guy is a moron.

Mimosa97

They are a secular party. They are not a religious party. This isn't really a debatable point.

http://en.idi.org.il/tools-and-data/israeli-elections-and-parties/political-parties/likud

And its funny you bring up Moshe feiglin as a representative of lukid when he just announced he's leaving the party because he did horrible in the primaries. He got pushed out of the party because they didn't like him.

http://www.jta.org/2015/01/05/news-opinion/israel-middle-east/moshe-feiglin-leaving-likud

He's a dispicable human being but he's much farther out than the vast majority of his party which is headed by Bibi. If you want to criticize lukid use his many actions. There are plenty.

I don't understand how the likud can be viewed as a secular party when most of their leaders use the torah as a reference ? Maybe the world " secular " has different meanings. I don't know.

Thank you for the links though. I'm glad he failed so miserably during the last primaries. Well played likud voters.

I don't understand how the likud can be viewed as a secular party when most of their leaders use the torah as a reference ? Maybe the world " secular " has different meanings. I don't know.

Thank you for the links though. I'm glad he failed so miserably during the last primaries. Well played likud voters.
The party isn't based on religion and religious doctrine its not trying to rebuild the temple and have religious elders running the country.. And you have the conflation of "secular" jewishness that uses the Torah as a book of Jewish culture. I know jewish atheist who quote it and use the story of moses and stuff like that.

Mimosa97

The party isn't based on religion and religious doctrine its not trying to rebuild the temple and have religious elders running the country.. And you have the conflation of "secular" jewishness that uses the Torah as a book of Jewish culture. I know jewish atheist who quote it and use the story of moses and stuff like that.

Ok i understand now. Thank you :)

And yeah i have many atheist jewish friends who still quote the Torah so i know what you mean lol

AlphaSnake

can we just let Israel go? its been long overdue, they dont need our undivided support anymore.

I think it's worth mentioning that a lot of the money the US invests into Israel is technology or advancements we end up using ourselves, be it medical, personal or military. And most people don't know that. Israel's IDF is funded largely by the insane taxes within the country (100% tax on cars, for example). Not with US money. From what I've read, I believe only 25% of American aid is for military purposes, the rest of it is covered by the people of Israel. Anything else, the US usually commissions on their own out of pocket (I'll explain this later).

It should also be pointed out that with the US aid, Israel's medical breakthroughs have found multiple cures or developed medicines for some of the world's worst diseases (MS), cancers, and disabilities (Parkinson's). Do some research on what Israel's medical breakthroughs have been, they are mind-boggling. A lot of American aid is invested here.

Other every day things like the USB (in partnership with IBM) and first microprocessor (Intel) were created in Israel. With American money.

Before people randomly start saying we should cut support for Israel off, realize that the United States needs Israel more than Israel needs the US. Otherwise, the US has no full-scale military presence in the middle east, which they desperately need.

And before anyone says Turkey, they aren't even keen on having the US there, especially now with that vile sack of shit Erdogan. And the only thing that's practically kept the American military bases open in Turkey is the fact that Obama hasn't recognized the Armenian Genocide (despite his swearing to do so in the primaries). Turkey threatened the Bush administration of such an action in the past.

Moreover, billions of American dollars are invested into Israel because Israel develops American weaponry and the technology behind it, especially defense technology. And Israel is also one of the biggest consumers and users of American weaponry. So the US is highly interested in Israel and its offerings for a multitude of reasons, a lot of them benefit the US moreso than Israel.

The ins-and-outs of this relationship are extremely complicated, and a simple cut-the-cord approach would significantly hurt the US moreso than it would Israel. That much I can assure you.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Its a trope on the left. Which has no actual support besides a few anecdotes.

Not its not.

Many of the more devout evangelicals hold anti-semetic/anti-israel views. Ron Paul being a big example.

There is also this article which talks about the internal divide in the evangelical movement which has moved away from Israel
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppin...t-seeks-split-from-pro-israel-line#.amlddaogB

Its much more a kind of 'cultural' anti-arab sentiment that drives those to support israel rather than any religious motivation.

The fuck are you talking about? Ron Paul an evangelical? More like a cynical atheist.

And the evangelical support of Israel for messianic reasons is incredibly well documented.

http://www.godvoter.org/Ron-Paul-religion.html

Madness

can we just let Israel go? its been long overdue, they dont need our undivided support anymore.

The war with Gaza barely used a fraction of Israel's available arms and weaponry and the Republicans and Democrats quickly passed another $500 million arms aid bill to replenish their supply as fast as possible. It's one of the most dominant militaries in the world, a nuclear power, and yet, we're supposed to keep believing they're in the verge of extinction lol.

funkypie

Banned
I think it's worth mentioning that a lot of the money the US invests into Israel is technology or advancements we end up using ourselves, be it medical, personal or military. And most people don't know that. Israel's IDF is funded largely by the insane taxes within the country (100% tax on cars, for example). Not with US money. From what I've read, I believe only 25% of American aid is for military purposes, the rest of it is covered by the people of Israel. Anything else, the US usually commissions on their own out of pocket (I'll explain this later).

It should also be pointed out that with the US aid, Israel's medical breakthroughs have found multiple cures or developed medicines for some of the world's worst diseases (MS), cancers, and disabilities (Parkinson's). Do some research on what Israel's medical breakthroughs have been, they are mind-boggling. A lot of American aid is invested here.

Other every day things like the USB (in partnership with IBM) and first microprocessor (Intel) were created in Israel. With American money.

Before people randomly start saying we should cut support for Israel off, realize that the United States needs Israel more than Israel needs the US. Otherwise, the US has no full-scale military presence in the middle east, which they desperately need.

And before anyone says Turkey, they aren't even keen on having the US there, especially now with that vile sack of shit Erdogan. And the only thing that's practically kept the American military bases open in Turkey is the fact that Obama hasn't recognized the Armenian Genocide (despite his swearing to do so in the primaries). Turkey threatened the Bush administration of such an action in the past.

Moreover, billions of American dollars are invested into Israel because Israel develops American weaponry and the technology behind it, especially defense technology. And Israel is also one of the biggest consumers and users of American weaponry. So the US is highly interested in Israel and its offerings for a multitude of reasons, a lot of them benefit the US moreso than Israel.

The ins-and-outs of this relationship are extremely complicated, and a simple cut-the-cord approach would significantly hurt the US moreso than it would Israel. That much I can assure you.
You have to understand something. Why the fuck does America need military bases all around the world. You do realise these cause more problems than they solve jesus.

Condom

You have to understand something. Why the fuck does America need military bases all around the world. You do realise these cause more problems than they solve jesus.
Indeed, imperialist America should not be the norm.

They only need military presence around America itself, not the rest of the world.

AlphaSnake

Every major 1st world country with close allies has military bases all around the world. This isn't just an American thing. It's not imperialism. It's also about protecting our economic interests. If certain countries were invaded by tyranny, we could be cut off from a multitude of exports as well as trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom