• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US Open 2017 |OT| The One Where Everyone's Injured (Or Pregnant)

Knee injury that he got in his last match. Monfils in going to fall out of the top 30 after the tournament. Sad times for french tennis, luckily Pouille is gonna win his first slam next sunday!!!

Yeah. AO had plenty of quality matches, and even Roland Garros and Wimbledon where you could see the result from miles away had a few fun matches.

Thanks.

It's really a shame to see him get injured again.

Kensuke

Federer is impossible to predict post-Wimbledon. He lost a lot of his clutchness. Let's see how it goes tonight.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Federer is impossible to predict post-Wimbledon. He lost a lot of his clutchness. Let's see how it goes tonight.

he lost only one match post-wimbledon and he was clearly injured. you don't need to be clutch until you're (possibly) losing.

Kensuke

he lost only one match post-wimbledon and he was clearly injured. you don't need to be clutch until you're (possibly) losing.

Well, even if he didn't lose before Zverev he was playing really bad in Montreal too. That match against Ferrer was an ugly thing. The recent match against Youzhny was terrible too. Failing to close out a set on serve at 5-3 twice? He's been razor sharp with this stuff throughout the year.

I feel he's surprisingly vulnerable in longer rallies and error-prone too. Could all be related to fitness/back problems, don't know.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Well, even if he didn't lose before Zverev he was playing really bad in Montreal too. That match against Ferrer was an ugly thing. The recent match against Youzhny was terrible too. Failing to close out a set on serve at 5-3 twice? He's been razor sharp with this stuff throughout the year.

I feel he's surprisingly vulnerable in longer rallies and error-prone too. Could all be related to fitness/back problems, don't know.

he hasn't been razor sharp, though. of his last six hard court slam matches, five have been five setters. had he been razor sharp, those would have been at most four setters. he cruised through grass season after crashing out of stuttgart, but other than that his whole year has been grinding out wins.

Kensuke

he hasn't been razor sharp, though. of his last six hard court slam matches, five have been five setters. had he been razor sharp, those would have been at most four setters. he cruised through grass season after crashing out of stuttgart, but other than that his whole year has been grinding out wins.

Those AO opponents were much tougher than Tiafoe or Youzhny. Anyway, let's hope for the best tonight.

clemenx

Banned
We all love Deliciano but he doesnt really have any sort of A+ game in him. Fed should use this one as a confidence builder.

AoM

Possible avatar

2cgZ50Z.png

Ricker

And done...

Thank god the last match is Keys/Vesnina at this hour lol(it will start at midnight )...although they can go long also,they are not a possible 5 set...

Slaythe

Kind of getting tired of the concern trolling regarding Federer.

Every single time it's the same. "Man he's too old" "too injured" "too tired".

Any player is bound to lose some times anyway, so whenever he does lose they come here "see told you he was finished, he's too old". As if the last year had taught them NOTHING.

He's probably not in his best form currently, but he's still trying his best, and that could be enough against most players, so let's wait and see.

Well it was under the roof. So of course Fed is going to play better. He also does seem to be sharpening up, perhaps.

Still don't see him making it past quarters or semis. Under the roof, his chance against Rafa would be way higher though. Fed will meet Del Potro or Thiem in the quarters, and I think he could lose to either of them.

Well it was under the roof. So of course Fed is going to play better. He also does seem to be sharpening up, perhaps.

Still don't see him making it past quarters or semis. Under the roof, his chance against Rafa would be way higher though. Fed will meet Del Potro or Thiem in the quarters, and I think he could lose to either of them.

Federer said that the difference between normal and under the roof are minimal 🙊

Kensuke

I can't believe the draw Carreno Busta has had. First time in a major someone has seen 4 straight qualifiers.

I know, right? His draw has been ATP250 caliber at best. Kind of ridiculous for a slam.

edit: Volleys should be the No. 1 thing Denis works on in the offseason. So bad.

I know, right? His draw has been ATP250 caliber at best. Kind of ridiculous for a slam.

edit: Volleys should be the No. 1 thing Denis works on in the offseason. So bad.

Oh for sure. Let him down in Montreal a couple weeks ago but he still got through a lot of matches.

This is just a frustrating match. Blew the first set and now feels like he's just falling apart. I'm not optimistic.

Top Bottom