• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US Open 2017 |OT| The One Where Everyone's Injured (Or Pregnant)

Milchmann

Stephens' comeback after her long injury break is impressive. Semifinals in Toronto and Cincinnati and now quarterfinals at the US Open.

Carla Suarez Navarro has always had one of my favorite one handed backhands on the womens tour. Only woman who could hit it better was Justine Henin

sam12

Major respect for Kvitova after being attacked, with injuries to her hand, last December, and still reaching this far.

Rooting for Muguruza!!

Smellycat

These ESPN commentators are clueless. you would think former pros like Chris Evert and Patrick Mckenroe would pick their words carefully. "when you are match tough, important points are automatic wins". Muguruza proceeds to dump an easy volley put away and then DFs on the next point lol

d+pad

Poor Garbine :( She was looking at a 5-1 lead in the first set, didn't get it, and then lost the plot on this match.

I'm not seeing her come back and win it, but I hope I'm wrong.

Oh, well, I like Petra, too. And I'm also glad Sloane won today. I'd really love it if Sloane or Pliskova somehow won this thing...

d+pad

Fuck, I jinxed Garbi. But damn, peak Petra is WTA's unicorn. So gooood.

Unfortunately, I have a hard time seeing Petra keeping up this form through the GFs, SFs and Finals--assuming she even gets that far :|

More likely is Venus beating her in the next round. Yawn.

Kensuke

Terrible match imo. There was tension, but they hit double the amount of unforced errors vs. winners. Muguruza was especially bad, hard to believe she was in such good form before. Won Cinci with zero trouble, cruised through the first 3 matches here but then could barely keep the ball in the court.

Unfortunately, I have a hard time seeing Petra keeping up this form through the GFs, SFs and Finals--assuming she even gets that far :|

More likely is Venus beating her in the next round. Yawn.

I agree. Petra frustrates me so much. Peaked tonight but I doubt she will keep it up.

She played amazing tonight but wish Muguruza could have won.

d+pad

Yes, Kvitova "deserved" it in the end. She looked terrible at the start, but that game at 4-1 down woke her up and she never looked back. Good on her, though I'm sad for Garbine. Really wanted her to win the whole thing and become the next number one.

i kinda want that jacket

pbpds0s3t8iz.jpg

:(

Top Bottom