• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US Open 2017 |OT| The One Where Everyone's Injured (Or Pregnant)

Federer said that the difference between normal and under the roof are minimal 🙊

LOL, obviously he's going to say that. What is he going to say, my best performance at the slam was because of the favorable indoor conditions?

Most players downplay the conditions following a win. Feds is the greatest indoor player of all time. Obviously he is going to play better indoors. 2012 wimbledon final, after they closed the roof, the power balance completely shifted and fed won that easy.

Kensuke

Shapo has had every opportunity in this match to capture at least a set or even the whole thing. He has yet to capitalize. Too much of a loose cannon today.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If Querrey and Goffin lose their next matches, PCB is in the 8th WTF spot.

sam777

Nadal plays during the Arthur Ashe day session tomorrow, which is great as I can watch it. Fed is on the night session yet again, imo Thiem vs Del potro should have been on Arthur Ashe it is probably the most enticing 4th round tie tomorrow.

Joke he had to qualify for this one and some shitty americans got a WC

French open does the same thing with french players, Australian open does the same thing with australian players, and Wimbledon mostly does the same thing with British players but over the past few years they have been opening up the wild cards to players from other countries. Don't know why you have a hate boner for american players.

AoM

French open does the same thing with french players, Australian open does the same thing with australian players, and Wimbledon mostly does the same thing with British players but over the past few years they have been opening up the wild cards to players from other countries. Don't know why you have a hate boner for american players.

Yeah, was just about to comment that. Of course the home crowds want to see as many countrymen/women as possible.

Yeah, was just about to comment that. Of course the home crowds want to see as many countrymen/women as possible.

The crowd went wild for Shapo, i'm not sure anyone cared for the 120th ranked 23 year old american.

Shapo was incredible in the lead up tournament, it's the us open series after all.

AoM

The crowd went wild for Shapo, i'm not sure anyone cared for the 120th ranked 23 year old american.

Shapo was incredible in the lead up tournament, it's the us open series after all.

Sure, but I imagine countrymen/women would still get preference.

It's a valid criticism, though.

Sure, but I imagine countrymen/women would still get preference.

It's a valid criticism, though.

I get giving WC to young talents and business decisions (sharpova) but to 23 yo nobodies over one of the brightest young talents since Djoko/Murray that also put people in seats is weird to me.

It's not like there aren't quite a few canadians in nyc.

Top Bottom