• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Black Friday Sale + 10% off PSN Code

Talk you out of?

Do you need it? Like, do you reallllly need it right now?

Not at all.

I've got a pretty big backlog. Does the Apex edition include all content? If not I'll hold off.

edit: you've gotta be fucking kidding me, without it my total is 1 cent off a multiple of 10 and I can't use my credit card for psn purchases for some reason

welp guess I'm getting far cry, or I could just have extra PSN credit to spend on indies next time they go on sale

Fisty

Doom + Season Pass or Deus Ex + Season Pass

AKA which one is going to be discounted much more at a later date, because I won't be playing either one for awhile

Doom + Season Pass or Deus Ex + Season Pass

AKA which one is going to be discounted much more at a later date, because I won't be playing either one for awhile

Doom's season pass isn't worth it. It's all multiplayer content and the mp isn't too hot and is also kinda dead. so DOOM + Deus Ex + Season Pass ;)

Assanova

To everyone saying that your credit card doesn't work, call Sony or contact their online customer service. I did it and my cards started working immediately. I think it has something to do with deleting cards that were on there and trying to re-add and use them again.

Fisty

Doom's season pass isn't worth it. It's all multiplayer content and the mp isn't too hot and is also kinda dead. so DOOM + Deus Ex + Season Pass ;)

Trophy whore, man. Need that pass lol. DLC trophies looked easy enough too. I might go with Deus Ex though, the Doom Season Pass looks like it will go way down in price since it seemed way overpriced. Need that Pro patch for Doom too

To everyone saying that your credit card doesn't work, call Sony or contact their online customer service. I did it and my cards started working immediately. I think it has something to do with deleting cards that were on there and trying to re-add and use them again.

I have like 3 times, each time it hasn't fixed it. I've given up.

Mossybrew

I have spent WAY to much money on myself lately and I just did it again, grabbed Skyrim and Titanfall 2. The deals were just too good, plus that 10% off.

Had a pretty good set of games

Dishonored 2 from Amazon for $35

Picked up on PSN
Pacman
Trackmania
Digimon Cyber Sleuth
Dirt Rally
Hitman Season 1
Tomb Raider:ROTR

Darknight

Question on the 20% coupon. I know people buy them off ebay but are those acquired from when you buy a new PS4 system?

Now some my understanding the 20% coupon can only be used once per account. So I think I got one when I bought my OG PS4 in 2013. Does that mean that if I buy one this year from ebay, I wont be able to redeem it or should I be able to???

Can someone confirm the use of the 20% coupons please? LIke can someone let me know if they have been able to redeem one of these more than once on their main account?

Lots of tempting stuff. Just went with the Mega Man Collection and Titanfall 2. Really wish they had the Battlefront bunduru on sale. The Destiny bundle was tempting too. Oh...and the Doom bundle D:

Haines

Banned
Now that I know eBay 20% you guys talk of is for Canada too..

Where is the details on how to acquire and use this code.

Surprised it's not in OP.

Wanted to buy Tomb Raider but for some reason I can't make purchases from the PlayStation app any more. When I check the transaction history it just has "missed charge"...I used to have no problem paying with PayPal. Anyone know what gives?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Any honest opinions on AC Unity? Price is good.

It's a good meaty game for $9.99, plus patches have fixed *most* of the issues, that doesn't prevent it from being a boring-as-sin game though (I started playing it, but put it aside for The Witcher 3 because It was so boring).

Also, even after the 8GB patch, there's frequent minor technical hiccups like NPC's spawning right in front of you, jumping off of things not being anywhere near precise etc.

jamsy

Game of Thrones for $4?

I'm a big fan of the books (at least the first 3) but only watched the first season of the TV show...

D-Man

I think I'm gonna pick up the SFV Season Pass. I only got Guile and Balrog and collecting fight money to get characters is a pain.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Game of Thrones for $4?

I'm a big fan of the books (at least the first 3) but only watched the first season of the TV show...

If you're gonna watch the show then avoid playing the game now, it spoils season 3 and early parts of 4 (I don't know how it translates to the books). It's a good game though and at $4 you should definitely get it if you're a fan of TellTale style adventure games.

HotHamBoy

Most of these games will be on sale for the same price, or less, around Christmas.

Especially the new releases. That's only a month away. Don't feel pressured to buy the game you know you don't have time to play or you will be kicking yourself in a few weeks.

Just a reminder.

That said, these are my thoughts and recommendations:

Titanfall 2 and BF1 have very nice prices, especially with the 10% off, but EA ABSOLUTELY will have these on sale again in a month.

Digimon Cybersleuth and Guilty Gear Xrd Rev. are a steal for $18

Vita version of Digimon is excellent, $12 is fantastic.

Vita version of XCOM has issues but is absolutely worth $5

Darkest Dungeon is amazing, buy it.

SFV, despite all the negativity that surrounds it, is a great game for $30 with the Season Pass included.

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 is a great musou and I don't even know anything or give a shit about One Piece. One of the better-performing musous on Vita, too. But the PS4 version is the way to go with the 60fps and ludicrous amounts of enemies.

Skyrim for $30 is the price the game should have launched with. Would also bet my left shoe it will be on sale during Christmas.

lupinko

I think I'm gonna pick up the SFV Season Pass. I only got Guile and Balrog and collecting fight money to get characters is a pain.

The season pass is an even better deal since Capcom kept adding to it. What was once just the characters and their premium costumes became:

- 6 season 1 characters
- their default costume colors 3-10
- their premium battle costumes
- Air Force Base Stage

Kill3r7

Question on the 20% coupon. I know people buy them off ebay but are those acquired from when you buy a new PS4 system?

Now some my understanding the 20% coupon can only be used once per account. So I think I got one when I bought my OG PS4 in 2013. Does that mean that if I buy one this year from ebay, I wont be able to redeem it or should I be able to???

Can someone confirm the use of the 20% coupons please? LIke can someone let me know if they have been able to redeem one of these more than once on their main account?

I have used one of these coupons every holiday season without a problem. Depending on their expiration dates sometimes even two. Last year I used the Battlefront coupon and then the Blops 3 bundle coupon.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Picked up Doom for $20. Came out to about 18 bucks with the discount code. I'm happy with my purchase to say the least :)

From earlier in the thread, it was stated that it looks like you can use one per calendar year.

I'm positive I used one somewhere in 2014/15, and took the risk and purchased another code. It worked fine.

As always, YMMV.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Are hall gunna make me scour pages upon pages to find this 20 percent code?

word, like where is the link for the 20 percent knock off

Now that I know eBay 20% you guys talk of is for Canada too..

Where is the details on how to acquire and use this code.

Surprised it's not in OP.

I found the link on this very page y'all need to look harder

http://m.ebay.com/itm/232153683828?_mwBanner=1

Posting a mobile link because screw you thats what you get for not reading

MAX PAYMENT

Thanks for the advice on AC, not gonna get it.

Any opinions on Return to Arkham?
I love the games. But is there a chance it will be heavily discounted in the future because it's a "demaster."

Trojan

Picked up both Witcher 3 expansions for $18, which is about 50+ additional hours of top shelf gaming. Thought about the Fallout 4 expansion but I won't get to that for a while so $30 still seems too high.

Also got Dankest Dungeon and Darksiders 2 Remastered since those were on Flash Sale.

Darknight

I have used one of these coupons every holiday season without a problem. Depending on their expiration dates sometimes even two. Last year I used the Battlefront coupon and then the Blops 3 bundle coupon.

From earlier in the thread, it was stated that it looks like you can use one per calendar year.

I'm positive I used one somewhere in 2014/15, and took the risk and purchased another code. It worked fine.

As always, YMMV.

Thanks for the info guys!

Damn looks like I've been missing out using (well buying one) it atleast once a year.

I think I will wait until the december sale and buy one off ebay. I really hope Uncharted 4 Digital deluxe goes on sale. Really want to buy that version but not at $80.

HotHamBoy

Picked up both Witcher 3 expansions for $18, which is about 50+ additional hours of top shelf gaming. Thought about the Fallout 4 expansion but I won't get to that for a while so $30 still seems too high.

Also got Dankest Dungeon and Darksiders 2 Remastered since those were on Flash Sale.

Dankest Dunkin' is one of my favorite games of the year. Enjoy.

Footos22

Bought cod legacy Thanks to pro money Sony sent me and discount code I only needed to spend 30 quid on 2 20 dollar us codes . Had 7 dollars in my account already. Bargain

Top Bottom