• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Black Friday Sale + 10% off PSN Code

Just grabbed DE:MD for $17 after using the $10 psn credit Sony sent out earlier this week and the 10% off coupon code. Can't wait to check out on my Pro after it not looking or running so hot on my XBO.

kuppy

Would have hoped for some older games like InFamous Second Son to go on sale really cheap. Or some more indies. Bummer. Come to think of it there are a lot of games I would have picked up, this sale really isn't doing it for me.

Looking at Mad Max, Batman: Arkham Knight, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, Trackmania Turbo and Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 at the moment. Will think about it till Saturday, but probably only pick up Mad Max.

well the flash sale sucks. I guess if you want a newer game, its got decent enough discounts. lol @skyrim's 50% off. No knack. :( Might get MGSV though and maybe carnival games)

jamsy

Hey guys, is Mad Max worth checking out for $8ish?

I recall there were some positive opinions of this game on here...

Thoughts on Trackmania Turbo and Deus Ex MD? Played both of their previous installments and had a lot of fun, but have heard mixed things about these ones.

robotrock

Banned
Thoughts on Trackmania Turbo and Deus Ex MD? Played both of their previous installments and had a lot of fun, but have heard mixed things about these ones.

Trackmania Turbo is a lot of fun. It's not nearly as insane as Trackmania 2 is on the PC because it lacks dedicated servers, but it's a very good version of Trackmania.

on deus ex, I loved HR but could not get into this one at all.

Whales

Banned
Well, decided to only get Batman AK and Hitman (complete bundle)

costs 45 CAD for these, pretty sweet deal IMO. It's too bad JC3 runs like shit, I would have liked to get it considering how I liked JC2.

Will wait for xmas sale ( and once I have more time) to buy TF2, I assume it will be on sale on xmas

Trackmania Turbo is a lot of fun. It's not nearly as insane as Trackmania 2 is on the PC because it lacks dedicated servers, but it's a very good version of Trackmania.

on deus ex, I loved HR but could not get into this one at all.

mm ok, thanks, that's actually good to hear. re: deus ex I loved HR as well, so that might mean I hold off on this one. Might grab the (much cheaper) trackmania instead.

So, I have a problem.

Bought a 20% off code for $4 last night.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate from Target for $8.

Battlefield 1 from Best buy for $30.

From PSN:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Track Mania Turbo
Hitman: Season 1
Both Witcher 3 Expansions
Mega Man Collection

For $80

This after picking up Dishonored 2 and Tomb Raider the other day. Just started playing Doom from a purchase earlier this year. Finished tomb raider campaign, COD and Titanfall campaign in last few weeks and still have generated a huge backlog.

Assanova

I can't believe that people are complaining about this sale. Sony finally gave decent discounts and on good games at that. The games that people are complaining about not being on sale are already dirt cheap anyway. I'm happy that they finally put newer digital games on sale as they usually sit at full price forever. I hope Sony does this on a regular basis in the future.

Mikef2000

I can't believe that people are complaining about this sale. Sony finally gave decent discounts and on good games at that. The games that people are complaining about not being on sale are already dirt cheap anyway. I'm happy that they finally put newer digital games on sale as they usually sit at full price forever. I hope Sony does this on a regular basis in the future.

This.

They gave decent discounts and quite a few of the top new games of this fall. Both deluxe versions of Titanfall2 and Battlefield1 for $68(using the 10% code) is much more than I was expecting from Sony.

I bought those two along with Rise of Tomb Raider, Mad Max, and Shadows of Mordor.

Toki767

Final order:

Overwatch: 34.79
Skyrim Remastered: 29.99
DOOM: 19.79
Assassin's Creed Syndicate: 14.99
Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 Deluxe Edition Combo: 74.99
Mega Man Legacy Collection: 5.99

Total: 180.54

- 20% off with the eBay coupon: 144.42

- 20% off from buying PSN cards when they were 20% off: 115.54

+ 3.99 for the 20% off eBay coupon

So grand total spent on this sale is $119.53

That seems like an incredible deal.

just a question for the PSNstore braintrust:

does the discount code work on preorders; I noted FFXV comes out on the 29th and I think all this ends on the 29th. Would love to be able to stack it all up and buy all my games and FFXV.

Toki767

just a question for the PSNstore braintrust:

does the discount code work on preorders; I noted FFXV comes out on the 29th and I think all this ends on the 29th. Would love to be able to stack it all up and buy all my games and FFXV.

No. Discount codes never work on pre-orders.

That said, this code expires on the 29th.

Final Fantasy XV will most assuredly be made available to add to cart and officially buy at 9PM Pacific on the 28th.

Picked up Shadow Of Mordor, Just Cause 3, and Far Cry Primal. Was gonna pick up MLB The Show 16, but the last one I had was 2 years ago and I barely played it.

jholmes

Hey guys, is Mad Max worth checking out for $8ish?

I recall there were some positive opinions of this game on here...

Fun game, lots of stuff to do in the car, looks gorgeous, pretty damn repetitive. Even if you tire of what's on offer (and I wouldn't blame you for it) you'll probably get your $8 worth by that point. I enjoyed it, and I beat it, but I did take a bit of time away in the middle.

Eanan

Have Sony done away with PS+ Trials? Im trying to use a month/14 day trial on my USA account just to get discount but it wont work, but ive never had PS+ before or even a trial.

No. Discount codes never work on pre-orders.

That said, this code expires on the 29th.

Final Fantasy XV will most assuredly be made available to add to cart and officially buy at 9PM Pacific on the 28th.

ah right. might have to wait til the very end then.

adding a note to my calender.

Top Bottom