• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Holiday Sale Week 2 (12/13/2016 - 12/20/2016)

legbone

quick question. for those that have played it, how is blood bowl 2? worth 12 bucks? keep in mind i will be playing single player only.

watdaeff4

I picked up Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator when it was on sale; Never played Sign, should I?

Rise of the Tomb Raider
Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Gravity Rush R
+ 20% Discount code
= $55

Great Haul.

Deus Ex is still in my backlog but the other two games are really good.

plidex

If anyone doesn't want their code I would appreciate it.

I didn't even know there was a newsletter. I must have unsubscribed years ago.

reKon

Banned
every time I see a sale with GOW at that price I fucking get tempted. I've already beaten the game for the PS3

Jobbs

Banned
Is anyone else having trouble completing a purchase with paypal? It keeps saying error, and in my account transaction history it says "missed charges" with each attempt.

my paypal account has ample funds to cover the purchase. I'm a bit baffled.

Dug through my emails again, and actually found the 20% code. I couldn't find it the last time. Glad I didn't get that code now haha.

Grabbed Steins;gate 0, Deus Ex, Tomb Raider, and Stardew Valley for ~$87. Not bad at all.

dd492941

Thinking about picking up Ark, stardew valley, song of the deep, jotun and maybe hyper light drifter with the 20% coupon. How is jotun? And I love minecraft,7 days to die,crashlands and lost myself in fallout town crafting with my fiance playing and/or helping during. Will we enjoy Ark? It looks like the perfect mix of dinosaurs(pets) and survival, with fallout settlement like building. I want to play but 44 bucks is quite a bit for early access. Star dew valley is a definite, song of the deep is definite, and hyper light is also a maybe.

legbone

Firewatch
Hyper Light Drifter
Steamworld Heist

good choices?

i have played firewatch to completion. and about 2 hours of HLD. Both are very good in my opinion. Steamworld Heist is sitting in my cart at the moment waiting for me to decide what else to get with it.

edit: oh, and from what i've played of HLD. it's more than just good, i just can't really say yet because i haven't played enough of it. but i have loved what i have played so far.

Johndoey

Banned
Help me choose, GAF.

Saints Row 4
Dead Island (original game)
Hotline Miami 2

???
Depends what your into. Hotline Miami 2 is pretty solid but definitely inferior to the first. Dead Island is an interesting game, the writing is poor, but the analog combat and loot cycle can be pretty addictive. I can't really speak too SR4 on a personal level, but if you liked SR3 maybe go for it?

Personally between Miami 2 and Dead Island I'd go with Dead Island.

If you own Hotline Miami 1 maybe just play that again instead of 2. Though 2 goes some real weird places.

jengo

Hows Darkest Dungeon on the Vita? Any issues?

Text is super small...not unplayable, but depending on your eyesight it may be tough to play comfortably for a long stretch.

Otherwise, I love it on Vita. Back touch to cycle characters is pretty nifty, and it's a nice deep game to have on the go. Easy to upload your save to play on PS4 as well.

RK128

Got a few games on sale (some not part of this specifically though)
-Hotline Miami 2
-Hue
-Axiom Verge
-DrinkBox Collection (For Severed; own Guacamelee and Mutant Blobs already)
-Knobswitch

I will be writing reviews for most (if not all) these games in the future, so really excited to finally play Hue & Axiom Verge. Really wanted to play Axiom Verge since it's Vita release but I can finally play it now :D!

Firewatch
Hyper Light Drifter
Steamworld Heist

good choices?
All are great games, with Steamworld being my favorite of those 3. It's a really great turn-based tactical game, very unique as it is in 2D and isn't isometric, but rather side view. Sounds odd but it works flawlessly, levels are focused on verticality and cover. Gets pretty tough towards the end, especially trying to 3 star all the missions.

HotHamBoy

I picked up Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator when it was on sale; Never played Sign, should I?

There's absolutely no reason to buy Sign if you have Revelator. You wouldn't even have the two $8 DLC characters that are included in Revelator.

Unless you want to pay $15 to run the the story mode, which is just a visual novel you can watch on youtube.

Just purchased Until Dawn And Hyper Light Drifter, feeling pretty good about those.

As for Gravity Rush...I bought it 2 weeks ago lol but honestly having been playing it it was worth the regular price. I highly advise anyone to pick it up if the concept appeals to them at all.

Another week of missing Shovel Knight. Has that game ever been discounted outside the launch window?

There is nothing I want and hasn't already owned here so I'll just grab Steamworld Heist. Here is the list of games I want to be on sale.

Shiren (Vita)
Gundam VS Force (Vita)
Shovel Knight
Nathan Drake Collection
Grand Kingdom (Vita)
World of Final Fantasy

Another week of missing Shovel Knight. Has that game ever been discounted outside the launch window?

There is nothing I want and hasn't already owned here so I'll just grab Steamworld Heist. Here is the list of games I want to be on sale.

Shiren (Vita)
Gundam VS Force (Vita)
Shovel Knight
Nathan Drake Collection
Grand Kingdom (Vita)
World of Final Fantasy
Shiren is $20 on Amazon right now.
Don't know if we'll see it lower for a while.

Top Bottom