• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Holiday Sale Week 2 (12/13/2016 - 12/20/2016)

Con_Smith

Banned
I got that and a PSX summary email, but never got the one with the coupon...i get tons of Sony rewards emails, but just a few each year of these newsletters, if that...

Thought I was crazy. Pretty weird I've been going digital on their platform, got Vue, and yet I can't get a discount code.

Offtopic, but don'twaste your points on digital codes on their rewards site. Unlike almost everywhere you don't get the code immediately and have up to five days to wait before you recieve it. Luckily the sale is weeklong.

Temped to get Marvel Lego since I want something to play with my daughter even though I played a ton of it already on PC.

Picked up Life is Strange finally. Been trying to find more narrative games to play with my wife at night.

Arttemis

It's such BS that the Just Cause 3 season pass isn't <$10 when the difference between the game and deluxe edition is that cheap. It's cheaper to buy the deluxe edition than buying the season pass.

Arttemis

How does the game run btw? did they fix it?
I never encountered the major framerate drops down to single digits. It wasn't a solid framerate, but it's a beautiful, varied, huge sandbox to play in.

My biggest complaint was the change to motorcycle handling. It's pretty ass in JC3, but was perfect in JC2.

True Fire

How does the game run btw? did they fix it?

The game hits sub-20fps on the PS4 Pro. Absolutely pathetic. I hear people with high end PCs can't even get it to run consistently.

Fallout 4, on the other hand, runs at 30fps in my massive settlements that ran at 10fps on PS4. And that's before the patch.

Oh mercy this is going to be an expensive one for me. Definitely getting Enter The Dungeon, Hyper Light and Until Dawn (since everyone keeps raving about it). Seriously tempted on Tomb Raider too. I really want to play it and it's calling to me at that price

ron_bato

Man at that price everybody should give Until Dawn a shot. It's the best horror game of this generation and one of the best games of 2015. What a price.

DedValve

Banned
Still debating if I want Darkest Dungeon but I just bought Stardew Valley and Crypt of the Necrodancer and am playing the amazing Invisible Inc.

I'll pass and put it on my wishlist for when I tear through my backlog.

gdt

I'm bummed I never got that 20% off code. I don't get why I never got it. Nor did I get the $10 with my Pro

If I had either or both FFXV would be mine right now.

Jedi2016

Seriously eyeballing God of War III, especially as I've got some cash in my PSN wallet that would cover it. Especially with the new game on the horizon.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Didn't think this was worth a new thread, but I wanted to say "Kudos" to Sony's PSN Store customer service department. Bought Dragon Quest Builders at full price on 12/10 and noticed that it dropped to $38.99 today. Contacted Sony just now and asked for a refund of the difference. Rep immediately provides me with PSN Wallet codes.

They even gave me $1.00 more than I was owed.

sense

good thing grand kingdom is not discounted on vita because i would have been tempted. have way too many games back logged

for the fence sitters, i will repeat that i highly recommend darkest dungeon and steamworld heist from this sale. controls take a little while to get used to for darkest dungeon but once you get the hang of it, you don't think about it. both have no real issues on vita either

ron_bato

Hmm do I pick up Until Dawn or hope it's a PS+ game sometime before I get my PS4? Decisions...

Well if you won't have a PS4 any time soon, it will always benefit to wait (this game already went on sale before at the 10 dollar price - so chances are it might happen again in the future). That said, I don't think this is hitting PS Plus any time soon, so at this price, it's a no brainer to just go for it.

Top Bottom